Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Don't you need a government-issued photo ID to register for voting anyway?

Nope, several of the very liberal far left sanctuary cities, only require a utility bill, proving residence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 07:36 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This has been the device illegal aliens use to commit voter fraud. A utility bill is all that is needed.
Really?? I was told they need to bring in a b.c. to get one. Of course it's easy enough to just go get one of those.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,698,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Really?? I was told they need to bring in a b.c. to get one. Of course it's easy enough to just go get one of those.
in Maryland you have to bring a ton of stuff, it's a pain in the ass

I still remember having to jump through so many hoops just to get my learner's permit. I wasn't born in the US, and they don't require birth certificates from people born outside of the US, instead they need a passport and some other form of ID. But half the idiots at the MVA didn't know that, so it was a total hassle every time I needed to get something done.

"Where yo birf certificate?"
"Ma'am, I don't need to bring one because I was born outside of the US"
"You need yo birf certificate"
"No I don't"

christ I hate going to the MVA. They've gotten better recently though.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Quote:

I still remember having to jump through so many hoops just to get my learner's permit. I wasn't born in the US, and they don't require birth certificates from people born outside of the US, instead they need a passport and some other form of ID. But half the idiots at the MVA didn't know that, so it was a total hassle every time I needed to get something done.

"No I don't"

LOVE this.... Thanks for the laugh!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:

"No I don't"

Big difference, in voting and the privilege to drive on our public roads.
Huge difference.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

and when you walk into the voter area..how are they supposed to know WHO you are, and WHAT district you belong to..with out a id???

why wouldnt you have a picture id...they are FREE at you local DMV

why wouldnt you have a picture id????..they are REQUIRED for air travel......they are required for alchohol and cigarette purchaces.......even to get a library card you must show a picture id and proof of residency that you live in that libraries district

this is a fine example of how liberals commit voter FRAUD...

as they say vote early, and vote as often as you can, in as may districts as you can
Surely all these people that will be supposedly disenfranchised have SOME form of ID.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Nobody would mind proving it, most seniors over 65+ do not have ID cards if they do not drive, no, illegals were not mentioned in that post from the link provided, if I would have mentioned illegals people would assume I was for illegals votings which I am not.
We can thank the employers who hire them for that.
oh please

quit lying

most seniors do have an id or two

picture id's are required in most walks of life

banks require PICTURE id.... are you saying most seniors dont have money??? dont cash their ss checks???
most libraries require picture id....are you saying seniors dont use libraries..the libraries they 'built'???
a drivers license or picture id is requires to oberate a boat or get a fishing permit/licebnse.... are you saying most seniors dont enjoy thier golden years
the senior community down the road from me is a gated community and requires a picture id
the va requires a picture id
all military bases/posts require a picture id...many of our seniors are veterans...many have loved ones that are in
even UPS requires a photo id.... http://www.mbe.com/ps/Pages/PhotoID.aspx
most of the high schools and colleges require and give you a photo id

sitting there saying "seniors'. is just political spin and lies to appeal to an emotion....shouldf have known when I saw the link to madcow

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-21-2011 at 08:15 AM..

Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Another RW overreach that will backfire.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html
rubbish. state issued id cards are cheap, drivers licenses less so but still easily affordable if you are going to drive a car on public roads. requiring a proper state issued id card to prove you are allowed to vote in US elections should be required across the nation. i doubt that you could head over to canada or mexico and vote there if you are not a citizen of those countries, so why should non citizens in this country be allowed to vote?

Quote:

"No I don't"

unfortunately the dmv's around the country tend to hire imbeciles for counter work.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Another RW overreach that will backfire.
How is asking for picture ID an overreach ?
You surely know that we have major problems with stolen ID's here in America and increasing numbers of voter fraud.

Don't you want to protect the voting rights of Americans ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies