Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 08:38 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Alot of seniors do not have state issued ID cards, do you think all of the seniors have state ID cards, are they really freely issued now? I think my mother has to pay every 4 yrs or so.

What if you don't smoke or drink alcohol? I don't think our seniors have the intent to commit fraud, I can just see it now, political parties driving our millions of seniors to the DMV to get their ID cards
How do they apply for medicare and SS without having some sort of ID? I call BS on your feigned outrage. You and your party just want to ensure that voter fraud takes place.... in your favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 08:48 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default make it even harder, the right to vote is sacred

MN and CO elections are in question because of fraud.

WI's current rules are incrediblly susceptible to voter fraud!!!!!

To hide behind the elderly as an excuse to maintain WI's voter registration farce is incomprehensible in light of the potential fraud it lets in the door.

Obama compatriots Dorhn and Ayres, with their communist and terorist resume, have been encouraging the world vote for president of the US. A step closer to a world government.

NJ tightened its resident id rules after 911 to make it more difficult for another Mo Atta to get Id and and blow up more US landscape. A little inconvenience to ensure someone's id whehter for voting, SS or driver's license is worth it. there is alawys a contingency to cover the folks that can't meet the general rules of Id aquirement.

I do not wish the dead, non citizens both legal and illegal or paid voters scooped up by rabid political recruiters, stolen identy thiefs and residents who split their time between two states voting in national elections.

Voting is a sacred right the rabid political minions and radical extremists have besmirched bigtime. Voting is so sacred it needs protection in the light of these treasonous times.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:50 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
How do they apply for medicare and SS without having some sort of ID? I call BS on your feigned outrage. You and your party just want to ensure that voter fraud takes place.... in your favor.
You do realize that people sign up for SS Benefits and hence Medicare, once, right?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who's opposed to a national id

I have been for years advocating a national id/license and a national standard

as posted here
National ID card delayed until January 2013
your even on this thread kat

I carry two federal picture id's as it is
You, yes. However, there are others in that thread who are opposed to a national ID card who are very much in favor of this picture ID for voting. To wit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are still some people in America that don't live and die by plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I don't remember what I needed to apply for a SS card back so many years ago. Birth certificate? Maybe. You apply for medicare on the basis of your SS earnings.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
MN and CO elections are in question because of fraud.

WI's current rules are incrediblly susceptible to voter fraud!!!!!

To hide behind the elderly as an excuse to maintain WI's voter registration farce is incomprehensible in light of the potential fraud it lets in the door.

Obama compatriots Dorhn and Ayres, with their communist and terorist resume, have been encouraging the world vote for president of the US. A step closer to a world government.

NJ tightened its resident id rules after 911 to make it more difficult for another Mo Atta to get Id and and blow up more US landscape. A little inconvenience to ensure someone's id whehter for voting, SS or driver's license is worth it. there is alawys a contingency to cover the folks that can't meet the general rules of Id aquirement.

I do not wish the dead, non citizens both legal and illegal or paid voters scooped up by rabid political recruiters, stolen identy thiefs and residents who split their time between two states voting in national elections.

Voting is a sacred right the rabid political minions and radical extremists have besmirched bigtime. Voting is so sacred it needs protection in the light of these treasonous times.
Do you have anything remotely resembling facts, to support the highlighted line?

Thought not. Fact is, the Elections Integrity Task Force, in 2 yrs following the 2008 elections, prosecuted 17 cases. I doubt they all were found guilty. Since the 2010 elections, seems the fervor about voter fraud dissipated, well, until the Recall process started.

Last edited by florida.bob; 05-21-2011 at 09:15 AM..

Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
If you're unwilling to spend a few dollars in order to protect the integrity of elections in general and your vote in particular you don't deserve to enjoy a right that was paid for with American blood and treasure.

This is a non issue. How many people are poor enough to get Medicaid but don't have Medicaid cards? Old enough to collect Social Security but not have a Social Security card? This is an entirely made up, fake problem.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:27 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
This does affect our seniors as well as plenty of US citizens, not everyone has a drivers license or state issued ID card, what is everyone supposed to do? run out and buy an ID card, all the seniors that don't have them, this is just some more trouble the GOP is causing, they clearly don't want people to vote, this concerns all voters no matter what party. So anyone out there I'd let your parents know and children who can vote to go get a state issued ID card to vote, I'm all for proving citizenship, it isn't just about the illegals. I wrote this in the past, now down the road your parents will not be able to vote unless they have the state issued ID card.
again & again

Voting rights advocates note that there are large numbers of people who do not have the state-issued photo ID the bill requires. According to a recent University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study, those without state-issued photo ID who would need to obtain one under the new Voter ID bill include:
* 23 percent of Wisconsinites over the age of 65.
* 17 percent of white men and women.
* 55 percent of African American males and 49 percent of African American women.
* 46 percent of Hispanic men and 53 percent of Hispanic women.
* 78 percent of African American males age 18-24 and 66 percent of African American women age 18-24.

What would this add up to with the whole country?

Rachel Maddow Show

Rachel Maddow Show

Wisconsin voter ID bill slammed as vote suppression » peoplesworld

http://fairelectionsnetwork.blogspot.com/2011/05/weekly-voter-id-update-wi-fl-rachel.html
Yeah... This is the 21st century. Welcome to the U.S. Play hard or go ohome. Get a grip.

I show my driver's license along with my voter registration every time I vote. They just wave it off... 'We don't need that'. We now have a voter ID law and I can hardly wait for Nov '12.

And hey, how'd they get a voter registration but aren't able to get an ID? How that those social security checks? Maybe ACORN can help them out a bit.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Yeah... This is the 21st century. Welcome to the U.S. Play hard or go ohome. Get a grip.

I show my driver's license along with my voter registration every time I vote. They just wave it off... 'We don't need that'. We now have a voter ID law and I can hardly wait for Nov '12.

And hey, how'd they get a voter registration but aren't able to get an ID? How that those social security checks? Maybe ACORN can help them out a bit.
That is good that they are restrictive in Republican districts.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Next will come the robo calls and such to low income neighborhoods telling them they'll be arrested at the polls if they have any outstanding parking tickets, or some bull like that.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:53 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
You can't register to vote without an ID, you shouldn't be able to vote without an ID. Democrats push to cover the cost of every aspect of the lives of their base voters but when it comes to voting ID they act as if it would cost too much. Voting ID and voting security is one of the things I have no problem spending my tax dollars on because the lack of voting security leads to fraud and corruption no matter what side it's on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies