Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It tends to mean just that. If you go to a hispanic country and look like a hispanic, they don't usually call you a gringo but something else -- chicano or pocho but not gringo. Nor do they tend to call blacks gringos.

When la raza types in the USA use gringo, it's generally a hate-slur word against white Americans.
Bingo. It is a hate filled slur word used by Latinos in this country and other parts of Latin America to describe white people. Again one of those things you learn through real life experiences not on wikipedia or in a dictionary. Mostly white liberal lefties and lying Latino lefties absolutely refuse to admit this reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 05:34 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Besides Kamasaki, the only other member of the board who has any obvious nonwhite ancestors is Eric Rodriguez.

Gringo, btw, means American ; it is not used to describe Mexican whites (there are other terms used in Mexico to describe Mexican whites or whites from other Latin American countries).
If you really believe that,

I got some Ocean front property in Tucson to sell ya.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
If you really believe that,

I got some Ocean front property in Tucson to sell ya.
If they're not white than most white Americans aren't either.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL at the Arizona GOP. Do they think they can keep these kids in the dark about their culture and history? And somehow, the state will benefit?

Only in a red state would ignorance be considered a virtue.

Arizona to withhold funding for Mexican American studies program - latimes.com
Why is the hispanic culture more important than mine? And mine is not taught or funded by anyone!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Mexicans in Arizona predate the arrival of white folks.
The white folks took dat ***** over. Just like any group took over any piece of land on this planet. Deal with it. White guilt is declining throughout this country, "ba lee dat".

Old 01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
LOL at the Arizona GOP. Do they think they can keep these kids in the dark about their culture and history? And somehow, the state will benefit?

Only in a red state would ignorance be considered a virtue.

Arizona to withhold funding for Mexican American studies program - latimes.com
Sad, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Someone help me out here. Is this the same as the La Raza (Aztlan) radical education program I have been seeing on Youtube?
No.

And everyone is complaining about not having their own program for their culture, it is called history class or school in general. There also are American Studies at colleges or regional studies pertaining to America like Appalachian Studies.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I grew up and got a real education.
Amazing, how life is much different in the real world. We do things we have to, to survive school. The public schools are a shame.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,634,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Chicano is not a race and you have yet to provide a quote or a link from "La Raza" organization that supports your argument.

I looked at the links you provided and see no mentioning that "La Raza" means mestizo. According to their own words, La Raza represents "the people" They make no excuses for advocating for HIspanics, but Hispanic includes many different races.

I've met Hispanics who are White, Brown, Black, and Asian. So until you can provide a link, sorry your own words don't count, that shows that this organization supports a particular race, you have no proof.
strain at a gnat and swallow a camel.......

Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
well good news, the TUSD school board voted 4-1 to drop the ethnic studies program.

TUSD board accepts decision on ethnic studies

Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well good news, the TUSD school board voted 4-1 to drop the ethnic studies program.

TUSD board accepts decision on ethnic studies
But the groups supporting it will not be happy. There are plenty of activists behind this group and they will speak out very loudly about this discriminatory action against them.

If it were an elective I'd have no problem with it being offered but it was not and replaced US History/social studies from grades 3-12 which is the entire education cycle of a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies