Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 09:23 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times

Advertisements

Are uneducated unemployed blacks becoming the face of the Democratic Party?

I have to agrtee with the original poster; full assimilation just means that the people being assimilated no longer owe their allegiance to any cut-and-dried doctrine.

The point I most find hard to accept about the President is that his personal life eperience and family heritage bear very little resembance to the usual upward path from slavery to agricultural peonage to migration to advancement that characterize the success stories of most African-Americans.

His background, particularly that handed down from his father and the years of education overseas, in environments where hatred for the American experiment was the norm, ought to give us all reason to think.

I'll take Dave Winfield and Matha Reeves over Barry-O and the WonderPets any day.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
I think you mean "Democrats", not "demographics". Anyways, it was pretty apparent that is what the OP meant, whether intentional or not.
I must have been thinking about my earlier post in which I stated that I doubt uneducated unemployed Blacks make up more than 10% of the demographics of voters.

Yes, it's painfully obvious what the OP meant, how could anyone miss it, it has all the cliches,

"some of my best friends are Blacks" "Blacks are too stupid to vote for Republicans, only the smart Blacks vote Republican" "Blacks are brainwashed fools" blah blah blah blah, just trolling and race baiting

Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
His background, particularly that handed down from his father and the years of education overseas, in environments where hatred for the American experiment was the norm, ought to give us all reason to think.
For someone who supposedly hates this country, he sure does a heck of a better job than those patriotic neocon chickenhawks at protecting America.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,345,633 times
Quote:
Tell 2008 that.
I wasn't happy...

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,915,077 times
if you believe we ever needed to be protected....

Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I must have been thinking about my earlier post in which I stated that I doubt uneducated unemployed Blacks make up more than 10% of the demographics of voters.

Yes, it's painfully obvious what the OP meant, how could anyone miss it, it has all the cliches,

"some of my best friends are Blacks" "Blacks are too stupid to vote for Republicans, only the smart Blacks vote Republican" "Blacks are brainwashed fools" blah blah blah blah, just trolling and race baiting
Are you hallucinating? I never said the above...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As a black person who is middle class, I can vouch that race has played a major factor in influencing a lot of black people who have never voted before to rally around and vote for Obama. And for educated blacks voting for Obama appeared to be a hybrid of his stance on the issues combined with his racial/cultural identity with AAs.

That being said, all groups are subject to favortism of one of their own. Kennedy got the Catholic vote back in 1960. And when Gore was set to make Joe Liberman his running Vice Prez jews nearly flocked to Gore in the polls. I've noticed that Italians do the same thing with Italian Catholic politicians in NY. Latinos also do the same with city councilman in the Bronx.

It's a general trend that candidates receive a higher than average voter support from people who share their ethnicity. Nothing unsual there to be honest.
Yes and absolutely. It's not something new or different.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:23 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,247 times
Clinton had the black vote, until she botched it.

Daniel Koffler: How Hillary Clinton Lost The Black Vote Twice

Old 01-23-2012, 10:32 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
For someone who supposedly hates this country, he sure does a heck of a better job than those patriotic neocon chickenhawks at protecting America.
The word "necon" represents sterotyping and scare tactics in its own right; in almost all the forums where I participate (and some of them are within my own career specialty of transportation) I usually find the word "neocon" raised to smear someone you doctrinal (pseudo-)liberals view as a "redneck" or "hillbilly" just a little too indfependent to swallow your line and accept the role you and your friends have assigned him/her on the Great Federal Plantation.

The Republican Party my father and grandfather grew up in had two wings -- one built around farmers and small businessmen, and centered mostly in the Upper Midwest (as represeted by Willkie and Landon) and one built around the Eastern Industrial Establishment (as represented by Dewey and Hoover) Taft and Engel represented somewhat of a middle ground.

Eisenhower never succeded in growing any sort of coattails, so the conservative movement got under way -- perhaps best exemplified by William Buckley's National Review and the campus conservative group Young Americans for Freedom, founded by Buckley in 1960.

But Buckley's "New Right" (we used the term long before the supposed "opinion leaders' in the mainstream caught on) proved more cantankerous than expected. Fully aware of the hypocrasy of fighting communism (and enriching LBJ's friends in organized labor) on the other side of the world while totlerating it in Cuba. most of us were reading Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard, and broke away from YAF to form the Libertarian Party in the fall of 1969. One year later, Karl Hess' famous article in Playboy entitled "The Death of Politics' proved that there was more to the mag than the centerfold. Economically-savvy leders like Thoms Sowel emerged, representing the sort of thinking your patronizing pitchmen would like to keep swept under the rug.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

Meanwhile, the "traditionalist" conservsative movement survived both the Goldwater debacle and Watergate, and the growing Libertarian wing threw its support to Ronald Reagan after running the intellectually-based candidates John Hospers and Roger McBride in 1972 and 1976. By 1988, the major news magazines were willing to devote space to an analysis of several factions within the Republican Party, but the term commonly applied to the latest converts was pop-con (pspulist) rather tha neocon.

As for Mr. Buckley, he made enough of an impact to rate a cover story on Newsweek at the time of his passing.

Keep ranting and running scared, you fearmongers -- we're just getting started!

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 01-23-2012 at 10:44 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 10:41 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

What thread were you reading?

Those damn cliches and stereotypes...well if there's not some truth in them no one would get their short hairs all twisted up over any old little cliche or stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies