Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,264,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
For someone who supposedly hates this country, he sure does a heck of a better job than those patriotic neocon chickenhawks at protecting America.
When, where and how?

Negotiating with the Taliban?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:47 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What thread were you reading?

Those damn cliches and stereotypes...well if there's not some truth in them no one would get their short hairs all twisted up over any old little cliche or stereotype.
Is that why GOP/tea party types get all riled up when you accuse them of hating minorities?

I mean talk about getting their short hairs all twisted up.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,472,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
When, where and how?

Negotiating with the Taliban?
How quick we forget. Sorry, but this happened on Republican watch and hasn't happened under Obama. For some strange reason, Republicans like to say that Obama is weak on defending this country.

And let's not forget.
http://www.yasrsly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/obama-speech-he-is-dead-gif.gif (broken link)

Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I am an RN and work with highly educated black Americans (apparently Afican American is not a term welcomed anymore by many) What I am hearing is many black RNs and MDs who voted for Obama the first time around are seriously listening to what Gingrich & Romney are saying. Some are on the fence but most agree nothing upsets them more than someone casting a vote for a candidate they know nothing about. A fellow RN said it is disheartening when she asks some of her extended family members why they voted for Obama only to hear that they think he is really handsome(sorry disagree) or he is such a good speaker. When pressed for what they know about his stances on issues they are absolutely clueless. When he was initially elected, he had some lofty goals to meet and was a motivational type speaker. Most educated black people are seeing the light it seems and looking at other options other than just voting party or race. Interesting observation. I am on the fence about who I like in the republican arena but I am listening and learning. What are your observations? Not a hate thread so don't make it one!
I don't know about that. The Democratic party is very diverse and represents the demographics of the United States on a whole. What I do know however is that racist Teabaggers have become the face of the GOP. I hear they are inclined to posting racist threads on internet forums to improve their low self-esteem.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:50 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Default Are uneducated unemployed blacks becoming the face of the Democratic Party?

Quote:
I am an RN and work with highly educated black Americans (apparently Afican American is not a term welcomed anymore by many) What I am hearing is many black RNs and MDs who voted for Obama the first time around are seriously listening to what Gingrich & Romney are saying. Some are on the fence but most agree nothing upsets them more than someone casting a vote for a candidate they know nothing about. A fellow RN said it is disheartening when she asks some of her extended family members why they voted for Obama only to hear that they think he is really handsome(sorry disagree) or he is such a good speaker. When pressed for what they know about his stances on issues they are absolutely clueless. When he was initially elected, he had some lofty goals to meet and was a motivational type speaker. Most educated black people are seeing the light it seems and looking at other options other than just voting party or race. Interesting observation. I am on the fence about who I like in the republican arena but I am listening and learning. What are your observations? Not a hate thread so don't make it one!

My observation is that it seems you're "asking permission" to see uneducated unemployed blacks becoming the face of the Democratic Party.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
RESEARCH SHOWING REPUBLICANS SMARTER THAN DEMS

Here is research by the Pew Center that shows that Rs are quite a bit more educated than Ds. This was done in 08 and sadly, I think the Ds IQ has dropped quite a bit more since then. (sources are noted with a link in report)
Average IQ of Republican vs. Democrat voters - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

I think because there are a few prominent elite liberal intellectuals running the various media and have a loud voice/platform in America, we get the ILLUSION that Dems are smarter. Okay, just on sheer common sense, not partisanship, which handled themselves in a smarter way---the Tea party who demonstrated with manners, articulation, and picked up their trash----or the Occupy Wall Street who urinated and defecated on police cars, raped at least 3 women, and dealt drugs openly???

I don't have time to find it, but recently I saw a report that showed Independents now have the highest IQ per capita. This makes sense as a third of all voters are now registered as Independents. That just mostly leaves the extreme ideologues in each party. The problem is that THEY pick the primary candidates, as Independents don't get to vote in very many primary elections---so we are getting these weak candidates to pick from.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Both are trying to make a valid point about a good work ethic however totally went about it wrong. Guess Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson can give them a talking to
That was my point. Newt was okay until he went the "no I don't see it route" when asked if he thought that those comments could be especially offensive to black Americans. If he were a smart, inclusive politician, he would have said he didn't intend to do so and if some people took it that way, that was not his intention. Politicians are professional liars IMO and should know how to speak effectively and if the GOP really wanted to pull more minority voters, they would do what was needed, just like they did what was needed to pull in the racist votes back in the 60s after black Americans went to the Democrats who supported civil rights in the face of criticism from their own party during that time period. That took guts back then for the Dems to do that. I feel the GOP doesn't have that courage (though I also feel the dems are not the same as those in the 60s). They are not proving they are worth anything except putting down people in order to gain applause, like Gingrich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
The OP's question stuck me as mildly amusing since I recently had a conversation with some conservative friends of mine who are life-long Republicans. They were lamenting that the Republican party has become a party of poorly educated, conspiracy believing, rather ignorant white people and they are embarrassed to even admit to being Republican anymore.
I agree with this. I know many white republicans who feel the same. Honestly I wish they were not so full of the above, I would seriously consider being a republican if they did not exhibit such characteristics. Many white people I know are now independents and were former republicans.

Quote:
So Obama didn't learn from Romney's mistake? Romney has admitted he was wrong. Obama is still trolling along with Romney's original mistake but unfortunately it is on a grander scale.
I have never seen, read or heard Romney admit that Romneycare was wrong. I have only seem him defend it as being a state issue and that it was right for MA.

Also, what are the major differences between Obama and Romney. Not much except, no matter what people think, Obama now has presidential experience. They are basically the same candidate.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
the GOP's policies are more screwed up now than they have been in decades.

If someone has traditionally voted Democrat, and they are just NOW looking at Republicans, then in my opinion they are just confused by all the propaganda. Now is a really bizarre time for anyone to switch to the GOP, as the Democrats move toward the center, and the Republicans have such a confused idea of what's happening with the economy.
Boy, that's what anyone will say, when they think people can't see this administration has taken many down a road of change they didn't even want.
So, your saying these people don't have the education, to see what's right from wrong...........

Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
RESEARCH SHOWING REPUBLICANS SMARTER THAN DEMS

Here is research by the Pew Center that shows that Rs are quite a bit more educated than Ds. This was done in 08 and sadly, I think the Ds IQ has dropped quite a bit more since then. (sources are noted with a link in report)
Average IQ of Republican vs. Democrat voters - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

I think because there are a few prominent elite liberal intellectuals running the various media and have a loud voice/platform in America, we get the ILLUSION that Dems are smarter. Okay, just on sheer common sense, not partisanship, which handled themselves in a smarter way---the Tea party who demonstrated with manners, articulation, and picked up their trash----or the Occupy Wall Street who urinated and defecated on police cars, raped at least 3 women, and dealt drugs openly???

I don't have time to find it, but recently I saw a report that showed Independents now have the highest IQ per capita. This makes sense as a third of all voters are now registered as Independents. That just mostly leaves the extreme ideologues in each party. The problem is that THEY pick the primary candidates, as Independents don't get to vote in very many primary elections---so we are getting these weak candidates to pick from.
And I wouldn't doubt that. Independents see that both the D's and R's are full of greedy, corrupt politicians. Now if the rest would wake up to that fact.....

Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Are Klan robe wearing inbred hicks with 3 hound dogs, a banjo player and a 1979 Firebird on blocks in the front yard of the shotgun shack the face of the GOP?

Hint: my little bit of hyperbole has something in common with the title of this thread.
Then you don't know the history of the Democrat party!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies