Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 11:59 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times

Advertisements

Well I don't know about the gerenal representation of the Democratic Party, but they are certainly the face of Black representation within the Democratic Party itself.

One thing that I really dislike with Democrats is that they for the most part ignore middle class blacks and often absorb their issues within the white middle class majority making them virtually invisible. Then they hype of the poorest blacks as the poster child for "black problems" and "racial divide" while brokering the impression that most or all blacks are uneducated and poor.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Right........like watching your job you've been working on for 20 years being outsourced.
They were outsourced because of your Democrat's lax policies on illegal immigrations. So you should be slapping yourself for supporting the very same people who don't give a hoots if your job is replaced by an illegal immigrant or outsourced to China.

Quote:
Like working 60 hours a week at $7-9 dollars and hour and not being able to afford health insurance or healthcare. That's the Republican way.
No that's called hard work and perserverance. There are plenty of people out there in the world who give their left foot to have that job and the life we live here in America. There are many poor people in the streets who would give anything to have that $7-8 an hour job. I would do that any day before relying on the damn government. Healthcare my ass.

Quote:
I'm not interested, thanks.
You don't have to be. But when your unemployed with no cash and no food to put on the table maybe you will learn to suck it up and do what you gotta do to survive and provide for your family. If lower-to-middle class Republicans can do it, so can you.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-23-2012 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I can respect your viewpoint, but I have to say it comes off as very shallow. Here's how:

1) Minimum Wage - How is that an overarching issue for you or Democrats in general? Minimum Wage is not an abstract...it's very real and has very real ramifications on employers....the very people you need to put these minimum wage earners to work. It's self-defeating unless you yourself are willing to pay an equal percentage more for your products. It's not like minimum wage earners are your skilled workforce. Everything you consume on a regular basis will go up because nearly everything you consume is transacted by that minimum wage earner. I believe you like the principle of a higher minimum wage, not the practicality of it.

2) Healthcare: Healthcare is not a privilege or a right enumerated anywhere. It's just a fact of life. Everyone I know (including conservatives) want affordable healthcare. The difference is that you believe that the US Government can solve the problem when it has a ZERO track record administering effective and efficient social programs. But yet you still believe the USG and Democrats are the answer while wathing this country circle the drain with ovr $50T in Unfunded Mandates.

3) Taxes: If you're not a fan of the tax cuts, then feel free to write a check to the U.S. Treasury at www.pay.gov.

4) Equal Pay For Women: The USG cannot dictate pay in the private workplace. This is not something Democrats can control. But yet you appear to attribute this to a Democratic endeavor. Nonsense.

5) Gay Marriage: Black people are largely Christian are generally huge opponents to gay marriage. Democrats have an awkward line to walk by appealing to both. To most Americans, homosexual issues are a non-issue. It's Democrats who keep it an issue, and that's what's disgusting.

6) Conservatives do not hate the poor. Stop buying into the propoganda.

7) Democrats are who funded the war from 2001-2006 and beyond. Yet you not surprisingly attribute this to Republicans. And then you have the gall to pin it on the GOP for calling for fiscal conservatism during a period of explosive government spending? Mixed up I tell ya~!

8) CEO Salaries: Why do you care about the small population of CEO's? Do you really believe that CEO salaries are what drive employee salaries? I hope not, but it appears you do.

We can agree to disgree, but your reasoning for being supporting of Democrats is very shallow in my view.

I believe I asked you why you vote Republican. Everything in your response was your opinion. I won't be rude and call your views shallow, but it shallow of you to call someone's views who you don't agree with shallow.

Do you think that CEO salaries have no effect on employee salaries? While CEOs have seen record growth in their salaries, growth for the average worker was very slow. Obvioulsy distribution is a factor. The middle class is what drives the economy, yet it is the middle class that is shrinking while the rich get richer. I could get very indepth with you but it is obviously pointless, plus I wouldn't want to get on your level by insulting anyone's intelligence by telling them they are an informed voter who votes on race alone or calling them shallow because I disagree with them.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:19 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I believe I asked you why you vote Republican. Everything in your response was your opinion. I won't be rude and call your views shallow, but it shallow of you to call someone's views who you don't agree with shallow.

Do you think that CEO salaries have no effect on employee salaries? While CEOs have seen record growth in their salaries, growth for the average worker was very slow. Obvioulsy distribution is a factor. The middle class is what drives the economy, yet it is the middle class that is shrinking while the rich get richer. I could get very indepth with you but it is obviously pointless, plus I wouldn't want to get on your level by insulting anyone's intelligence by telling them they are an informed voter who votes on race alone or calling them shallow because I disagree with them.

I did NOT call YOU shallow. I called your REASONS for supporting Democrats shallow.

This is exactly why the typical Liberal is not debate-worthy. They see nearly everything as some "poor me" or "out to get me" situation. Which is EXACTLY why Democrats are your party of choice....because Democrats know how to appeal to those senses within the liberal base: Everyone is out to get you.... Democrats are here to save you. Very sad.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,578,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Many right-wingers do not think very highly of blacks. Why even attempt to deny it?
Even MORE left-wingers do not think very highly of blacks. They just cover it up better under the guise of political correctness. They've stifled freedom of speech and truthful debate to the level that for fear of being called racist, we can't even DISCUSS the fact that way too many blacks are trapped in poverty and entitlement programs due to misdirected policies by the left-wingers: I've taught in some high schools where black students struggle to write about career choices because no one in their neighborhood has ever held a job---they are 3rd and 4th generation welfare kids due to those liberal policies.

How many nearly-poor blacks went totally bankrupt and lost homes to foreclosure do to the Dems attempt to let even totally unqualified borrowers (which were mostly minorities) take out a loan to just profit the greedy corrupt bankers they were politically beholden to. Barney Frank is on record as saying that it is "racist" to ask someone how much money they make.
And Dem Chris Dodd made out big time $$$ as a "Friend of Anthony" member who encouraged those corrupted loans that preyed on minorities with Countrywide that wiped out many blacks financially.

And the best MSNBC can come up with for a black commentator is Al Sharpton????
Sorry, but none of the above sounds like Dems with "high regard" for blacks.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
I did NOT call YOU shallow. I called your REASONS for supporting Democrats shallow.

This is exactly why the typical Liberal is not debate-worthy. They see nearly everything as some "poor me" or "out to get me" situation. Which is EXACTLY why Democrats are your party of choice....because Democrats know how to appeal to those senses within the liberal base: Everyone is out to get you.... Democrats are here to save you. Very sad.

You still haven't answered my question. A one-sided debate is not worthy of my time. I told you why I vote the way I do and you told me that my views were shallow and in so many words wrong. That is the thing, there isn't a simple right or wrong answer for many of these issues. The right's habit of trying to over-simplify complex issues along with the whole we're right and we are the only ones that know what's best for the country attitude is another reason I lean to the left.

I told you why Democrat is my party of choice in another post, in detail where you called my views shallow. I have yet to hear why you vote Republican. By the way I don't need any help, I take care of myself and my family.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
They were outsourced because of your Democrat's lax policies on illegal immigrations. So you should be slapping yourself for supporting the very same people who don't give a hoots if your job is replaced by an illegal immigrant or outsourced to China.
Uh............I mentioned outsourcing - out, as in outside the United States. If you can find a correlation between immigration of any kind and outsourcing of jobs to other countries, please have at it.

Quote:
No that's called hard work and perserverance. There are plenty of people out there in the world who give their left foot to have that job and the life we live here in America. There are many poor people in the streets who would give anything to have that $7-8 an hour job.
So we should all settle for bad-paying jobs with no benefits.

Quote:
I would do that any day before relying on the damn government. Healthcare my ass.
Inshallah you will never have a need for health coverage. Hope you never get cancer or anything else that might make your ass sick.

Quote:
You don't have to be. But when your unemployed with no cash and no food to put on the table maybe you will learn to suck it up and do what you gotta do to survive and provide for your family. If lower-to-middle class Republicans can do it, so can you.
I do very, very well for myself, my wife and my three spoiled kids. Difference between you and me is I actually give a damn about other people.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
What do Democrats have to offer those black people who have traditionally voted Democratic?
A party implies full membership from the individual voter, to the block committee person, to city council, mayor, state legislature, the Congress and now the Presidency. Clearly the Democratic Party has been where African Americans from across the country have achieved such political success. African Americans were not given these roles, we earned them. African Americans have shaped the Democratic Party since 1968. It is our Party we built it that way.

Next question?

Old 01-23-2012, 12:33 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,783,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Republicans have nothing to offer the black community because they are not a hand out organization nor are they trying to entice blacks to vote Republican merely because of their skin color. What they have is a message of hard work and perserverance for every individual. It's not about voting for what's in the best interest for your race. We are all one race. Human. It's about doing what's right for you and your family through your own hard work and being able to reap the benefits and fruits of your labor.
In the real world its something called racial bias. With that said that's the main reason I wouldn't vote gop. I'm actually a conservative, I make around 35k a year and I live alone and I survive but the gop plays race politics to gather vote, also they tend to have this imaginary vision that racism doesn't exist. Alot of Blacks got jobs with government financial aid for poor kids, some made this work for them and went to school and got out the hood or ghetto or whatever. I would never vote for a party who wants smaller government that's code name for keeping blacks poor and having a large poor class to do slave labor, the government, not speaking food stamps, or welfare but education,pell grants and aids have helped blacks Alot.

To this day I still haven't seen a Republican explain how they want the government out of their lives, it's sounds like undercover Nazi talk to me.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Not my sterotype.
Of course not..

It's someone else's stereotype that you've embraced and presented here to us.

Quote:
Again..are these two well educated black people representative of most well educated black people or atypical? I can remember one of the doctors at the hospital who again is black who was for McCain years ago. He was very upset over Obama posters all over yet no McCain posters. He also was a strong man of faith and apparently this figured into his not voting for Obama. Now please don't shoot the messenger..again..my observations.
But there's still nothing to support the assertion, beyond some vaguely worded opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies