Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,629,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I did NOT call YOU shallow. I called your REASONS for supporting Democrats shallow.

This is exactly why the typical Liberal is not debate-worthy. They see nearly everything as some "poor me" or "out to get me" situation. Which is EXACTLY why Democrats are your party of choice....because Democrats know how to appeal to those senses within the liberal base: Everyone is out to get you.... Democrats are here to save you. Very sad.
Exactly! The victim mentality.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Exactly! The victim mentality.

If the GOP wants more votes, they should focus on selling their own party and what it stands for, rather than attacking and trying to tear apart the other one. Defending myself and pointing out the obvious does not equate to having a victim mentality and you can quit with the whole handout speak as well - most of the Democrats I know are doing just fine. Constantly attacking Democrats and telling them they are stupid people, with a victim mentality, looking for handouts isn't going to earn points or get anyone to switch parties. Please tell me why (without insulting Democrats or bashing the Democrat party) anyone (black, white, red, yellow, brown or purple) should vote GOP.

Bullies are so 1960.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If the GOP wants more votes, they should focus on selling their own party and what it stands for, rather than attacking and trying to tear apart the other one. Defending myself and pointing out the obvious does not equate to having a victim mentality and you can quit with the whole handout speak as well - most of the Democrats I know are doing just fine. Constantly attacking Democrats and telling them they are stupid people, with a victim mentality, looking for handouts isn't going to earn points or get anyone to switch parties. Please tell me why (without insulting Democrats or bashing the Democrat party) anyone (black, white, red, yellow, brown or purple) should vote GOP.

Bullies are so 1960.
Or 1860.................

Old 01-23-2012, 12:44 PM

855 posts, read 1,173,664 times
Quote:
If the GOP wants more votes, they should focus on selling their own party and what it stands for, rather than attacking and trying to tear apart the other one. Defending myself and pointing out the obvious does equate to having a victim mentality and you can quit with the whole handout speak as well - most of the Democrats I know are doing just fine. Constantly attacking Democrats and telling them they are stupid people, with a victim mentality, looking for handouts isn't going to earn points or get anyone to switch parties. Please tell me why (without insulting Democrats or bashing the Democrat party) anyone (black, white, red, yellow, brown or purple) should vote GOP.

good luck getting that answer. the new GOP dialog cannot exist without insults, racebaiting, or belittling another party.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
In the real world its something called racial bias. With that said that's the main reason I wouldn't vote gop. I'm actually a conservative, I make around 35k a year and I live alone and I survive but the gop plays race politics to gather vote, also they tend to have this imaginary vision that racism doesn't exist. Alot of Blacks got jobs with government financial aid for poor kids, some made this work for them and went to school and got out the hood or ghetto or whatever. I would never vote for a party who wants smaller government that's code name for keeping blacks poor and having a large poor class to do slave labor, the government, not speaking food stamps, or welfare but education,pell grants and aids have helped blacks Alot.

To this day I still haven't seen a Republican explain how they want the government out of their lives, it's sounds like undercover Nazi talk to me.
Your problem is that you've chosen to make Republicans the enemy. Thus, you cannot be reasoned with or be educated on what exactly Republicans do and what their trying to accomplish. You are the epitome of the brainwashed Democrat black that is all about playing the victim and thinking everything is about race. You are also making hypocritical statements. Saying Republicans play race politics but think racism doesn't exist? That doesn't make any sense.

Your Democrats are the ones who have been playing race politics for generations. That's why they have enslaved blacks to the government with welfare and food stamps. There's no way in hell you could turn a blind eye to the race baiting politics of Democrats when EVERYONE knows for a fact 90% of blacks vote Democrats. That is race politics! As for the rest of your rant, I'm not even going to go there. It's too ignorant for me.

When your tired of having your tax dollars go to hoodrats who seem to have perfectly enough money to be driving Mercedes and BMW's in the hood, you look at yourself and what you represent. Not everybody in the black community wants to do better. That's why I stopped fooling myself into believing that. You need to do what's best for you and not what you think is best for the black community. Because trust, some people just don't give a damn and are perfectly ok with using your tax dollars to fund their lifestyle without ever finding a job.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,477,180 times
Quote:
Equiviocating why you won't vote for Romney or Gingrich in 2012 does not prove that you would EVER vote for the GOP. It's plainly obvious that you wouldn't, but yet the excuses fly. Face it. You'll NEVER vote for the GOP......so why try to explain away something that never existed in the first place?

I don't say I won't vote for Obama but insinuate that i'll vote for a Democrat. Plainly put, I will NEVER vote for a Democrat. No hedging. Just a fact. So what's so hard about you folks owning up to it as well?
Sigh.

1. Just because you say you will never vote for a democrat doesn't mean that those that you have pointed out in this thread would never vote for a Republican.

2. Even if those here were to say they would never vote Republican would never say something so stupid and racially charge as calling the black democratic voters "stuck on a plantation."

3. Looking back on your numerous myopic jump to conclusion posts: No, it is not plainly obvious that we would never vote for a Republican. All you have to do is bring better candidates.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Equiviocating why you won't vote for Romney or Gingrich in 2012 does not prove that you would EVER vote for the GOP. It's plainly obvious that you wouldn't, but yet the excuses fly. Face it. You'll NEVER vote for the GOP......so why try to explain away something that never existed in the first place?
I never said I would never vote for the GOP. I would if they would stop the racial rhetoric and stereotyping and would go more to the center of conservatism. I also think that many democrats are very prejudiced but they are smart enough to guise their prejudices in PC mumbo jumbo. I could go on about democrats, but fact is, in presidential elections, you rarely hear the actual candidate come out and say that black people specifically need to do THIS in order not to be so poor. Or that BLACKS need to learn about hard work. Or that welfare destroyed the incentives for BLACKS to better themselves, which bring me to this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Welfare IMO destroyed the incentive to better oneself. I totally agree with my black associate that it has single handedly been one of the worst things to happen in the black community as well as other programs that reward those to stay home and be lazy or work less to get the hand out or have multiple children...this goes for whites as welll as blacks. Hard work and determination get one out of the gutter not the government. JMO
Poverty amongst black people has been cut in half since the inception of social welfare programs in the 1960s. Welfare cash assistance does not pay much to poor families, they also now have something called welfare reform and in many states one can only be on welfare for a certain amount of years. Studies have shown that the average stay on welfare is 2 years.

IMO I do feel that social programs do not encourage marriage, but they have not destroyed the incentives for people to better their circumstances economically or educationally.

Here are some statistics from a black moderate/conservative website that may give you more information on the growth in educational achievement (which relates to economic prosperity) of black people since the 1950s.

Education

Here are some statistics, same site about economics

Economic

From the economic section regarding black poverty:

Quote:
75.5% live above the poverty line (vs. 10% in 1940 and 45% in 1960) (national rate living above poverty: 87.5%).

Considering that social welfare programs were first introduced in the 1930s during the depression and black people have continued to pull ourselves out of poverty and not subsist on social welfare continually, shows that regardless of these programs, people still want to better themselves economically.

No normal person wants to live off of welfare forever. Most black people are normal.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 01-23-2012 at 01:11 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Bullies are so 1960.
I explained to you MULTIPLE times why you should vote GOP without insulting you. You are STILL on the topic of race. Like I said before, your not interested in really learning. You have already accepted what you believe in your heart. Until you decide you want different in your life, nothing will change. There's nothing I could further logically explain that would appeal your interest about the GOP. So it's pointless. You would rather play the victim and purposely instigate arguments so you can get insulted and find ways to further convince yourself Republicans are racist and bigots and yadda yadda yadda to go tell your fam and friends. It's useless talking to you.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:59 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
I will always vote for what’s good for the black community. You know why? Because there’s more in life then just me (greater good). That doesn’t mean that I’m anti any other community. It’s in my interest to see my neighbors do well, my community do well, my city and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm african-american and I can tell you right now that one of the major reasons I vote republican is because of the astounding ignorance of black Democrat voters. Too many black people are either ignorant of their own party and what they represent or the history of their own parties. They talk from ignorance and vote from ignorance. I've been in debates with them too many times to count and I am finished with that. All I can say is that your as ignorant as you choose to be. Not because you can't find information out. But because you've decided in your own heart what is so. Blacks won't change until they get tired of depending on the government, tired of blaming others for their problems, and tired of not being where they want to be in life. The Democrats have been brainwashing the black community for generations with messages that they can only suceed with dependence on them. Hopefully more black people have woken up from the blindness and will look at republican candidates now. And what I most hope is that blacks will not vote for what's good for the "black community" but what is good for them as individual human beings and their own families.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I do very, very well for myself, my wife and my three spoiled kids. Difference between you and me is I actually give a damn about other people.
No the differance between you and me is that I'm not brainwashed. You would rather rely on government assistance and no employment and I would rather take a $7-8 hour job to provide for my family. Like I said before, if lower-to-middle class Republicans can do it, so can you. There are no excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies