Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:31 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
I am an RN and work with highly educated black Americans (apparently Afican American is not a term welcomed anymore by many) What I am hearing is many black RNs and MDs who voted for Obama the first time around are seriously listening to what Gingrich & Romney are saying. Some are on the fence but most agree nothing upsets them more than someone casting a vote for a candidate they know nothing about. A fellow RN said it is disheartening when she asks some of her extended family members why they voted for Obama only to hear that they think he is really handsome(sorry disagree) or he is such a good speaker. When pressed for what they know about his stances on issues they are absolutely clueless. When he was initially elected, he had some lofty goals to meet and was a motivational type speaker. Most educated black people are seeing the light it seems and looking at other options other than just voting party or race. Interesting observation. I am on the fence about who I like in the republican arena but I am listening and learning. What are your observations? Not a hate thread so don't make it one!
I'm african-american and I can tell you right now that one of the major reasons I vote republican is because of the astounding ignorance of black Democrat voters. Too many black people are either ignorant of their own party and what they represent or the history of their own parties. They talk from ignorance and vote from ignorance. I've been in debates with them too many times to count and I am finished with that. All I can say is that your as ignorant as you choose to be. Not because you can't find information out. But because you've decided in your own heart what is so. Blacks won't change until they get tired of depending on the government, tired of blaming others for their problems, and tired of not being where they want to be in life. The Democrats have been brainwashing the black community for generations with messages that they can only suceed with dependence on them. Hopefully more black people have woken up from the blindness and will look at republican candidates now. And what I most hope is that blacks will not vote for what's good for the "black community" but what is good for them as individual human beings and their own families.

Last edited by allenk893; 01-23-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Let me ask you this........why was he for McCain?
No clue but he was definitely not for Obama. I think it had something to do with his religious beliefs. I didn't ask him because I didn't know him well enough to ask. I for one felt there was no good candidate the last election. Never felt good about either one.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:33 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm african-american and I can tell you right now that one of the major reasons I vote republican is because of the astounding ignorance of black Democrat voters. Too many black people are either ignorant of their own party and what they represent or the history of their own parties. They talk from ignorance and vote from ignorance. I've been in debates with them too many times to count and I am finished with that. All I can say is that your as ignorant as you choose to be. Not because you can't find information out. But because you've decided in your own heart what is so. Blacks won't change until they get tired of depending on the government, tired of blaming others for their problems, and tired of not being where they want to be in life. When they want the same life of the celebrities and rappers they worship, they will begin to wake up and realize it's not gonna happen with the messages Democrats have been brainwashing them with for generations.
Aside from your astoundingly ignorant generalizations, what do the Republicans have to offer those black people who have traditionally voted Democratic?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Aside from your astoundingly ignorant generalizations, what do the Republicans have to offer those black people who have traditionally voted Democratic?
What do Democrats have to offer those black people who have traditionally voted Democratic?

That's th Elephant In The Room that no one seems to want to answer.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What do Democrats have to offer those black people who have traditionally voted Democratic?

That's th Elephant In The Room that no one seems to want to answer.
I asked first. And I don't have time to catalog in detail what I believe the Democrats have done for black Americans as opposed to what the Republicans have not. But I will say that the responses here and on countless other threads (and countless other forums) show vividly why black people have no time or ear for what the Republican Party has to offer.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm african-american and I can tell you right now that one of the major reasons I vote republican is because of the astounding ignorance of black Democrat voters. Too many black people are either ignorant of their own party and what they represent or the history of their own parties. They talk from ignorance and vote from ignorance. I've been in debates with them too many times to count and I am finished with that. All I can say is that your as ignorant as you choose to be. Not because you can't find information out. But because you've decided in your own heart what is so. Blacks won't change until they get tired of depending on the government, tired of blaming others for their problems, and tired of not being where they want to be in life. When they want the same life of the celebrities and rappers they worship, they will begin to wake up and realize it's not gonna happen with the messages Democrats have been brainwashing them with for generations.
Unfortunately on both sides of the aisle I see people vote for party without thoroughly knowing why they are voting for the candidate. So disturbing to me. In the past 4 elections I have made it a point to listen open minded to all candidates but like they say...you can be so open minded yoour brains fall out Glad to hear another opinion and observations. Thank you

Old 01-23-2012, 11:37 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So why do you vote Democratic then? What is it that Democrats offer that Republicans simply do not?

Why do you vote Republican? Is it because of loyalty for your race? I think I told you that I don't have to explain myself to prove to you that I know why I vote the way that I do. If you want to sell your party, by all means go right ahead but leave race out of it and you'll do better.

Not because I have to but because I am in a good mood today, I'll be nice and tell you why I am not a Conservative and don't vote Republican - I am against getting rid of the minimum wage (I think it should be raised), I see healthcare as a right, not a privilege, I have no issue with paying taxes if it will help my country, I am not a fan of the Bush tax cuts, I am for equal pay for women, I am for gay marriage and I believe that there should be government regulation in business. I do not hate the poor nor do I have such a negative hateful view of everyone who has received government assistance. I don't blame social programs for the current state of the economy while ignoring the cost spent on war and the fact that CEOs now make 375 times the amount of the salary of an average workers and may much less in taxes than they did 30 years ago. Do I sound like a Conservative?

I could go on, but it won't make a difference. You'll probably spew some BS about me being on a plantation or something about how liberal values are destroying America. You were right about one thing, I am probably NEVER (although it is possible) going to vote GOP. Race has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
But that's OK for you, right?

If I say, however, that I'll never vote for a Republican (and I won't, at least at the state or national level), that's because I'm black and too dumb to think for myself, or I'm voting Dem because I'm for welfare and food stamps.

Why the double standard?
I do not think he has a problem with it.

Is there a double standard, or is it made up.

I'm white, educated, live in a very desirable area, a great area, above middle class, hard worker, never experienced a thing in my life, given to me for free, even when young, and hitting rock bottom. That is when i worked 3 jobs at a time and at that time had small children.

I will never vote Democrat again, do not like what the party stands for, and that is my right.
I don't think anyone is saying that you cannot think for yourself. But what about all the blacks and i myself know some, who voted for Obama, for no reason at all except his color, and they told me this. They cared not about one thing except getting someone into the W.H. who was of color, and yes they told me this.
Lets face it, too many are on welfare and food stamps.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Quote:
Republicans have nothing to offer the black community because they are not a hand out organization nor are they trying to entice blacks to vote Republican merely because of their skin color. What they have is a message of hard work and perserverance for every individual. It's not about voting for what's in the best interest for your race. We are all one race. Human. It's about doing what's right for you and your family through your own hard work and being able to reap the benefits and fruits of your labor.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Funny that as a black person who knows a lot of black people, I have never met any of these black people who voted for Obama just because he is black. Yet so many white Republicans know black people who did. I call BS.

Just wanted to add to this, I know a black family who voted for Hillary in the primary because they said the country was not ready for a black president and that no matter what he did he was going to get a bad rap, especially since he would be taking on the economy that was in shambles before he was elected. Other than that, I do not know anyone who voted in any election based on race alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies