Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,842,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The Moral Of The Thread?

Black people are indeed stuck on the Democratic Plantation. Voting for the GOP is not, will not, could not, and should not ever be considered.

In other words: Nothing has changed. Loyalty To The Race will prevail in 2012. Beyond 2012, it will be Loyalty To The Party.

So why do Black people even attempt to deny it?
You are right, nothing HAS changed. Too many GOPers are too prejudiced and stereotypical to see that their attitude is the major factor in keeping blacks out of voting for republicans.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:58 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,927 times
Quote:
The Moral Of The Thread?

Black people are indeed stuck on the Democratic Plantation. Voting for the GOP is not, will not, could not, and should not ever be considered.

In other words: Nothing has changed. Loyalty To The Race will prevail in 2012. Beyond 2012, it will be Loyalty To The Party.

Sigh.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,683,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm Black and educated, voted for Obama and most likely won't do so in 2012. Although if the GOP insist on nominating Gingrich I might have to revisit that. I actually don't find some of the things he has said recently racist. Facts are facts but I don't like his pandering to the "I'm glad you put Juan Williams in his place" crowd nonetheless. Not too mention he just doesn't come across as a nice guy.

I hope Romney can find his stride because I think this election will boil down to what we want America to be down the line. One where government is omniprescent which is what Obama favors and one where folks are allowed to rise on their own merits and ability without being made to feel guilty about it, which until recently I thought the GOP was for.

Many Black people think government has a fundamental role in improving society and I disagree so in most cases I'm usually the lone person I know who will not be voting for Obama.
What GOP are you talking about?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,952,567 times
Quote:
The Moral Of The Thread?

With comments like this, it is no wonder. Another blacks are too stupid to make informed decision post from a right-winger. Many right-wingers do not think very highly of blacks. Why even attempt to deny it? If you are a right-winger and have a problem with this statement, you should talk to people who post things like the above about it.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:01 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,171,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Oh congratulations! You liked a black man! I'll bet you have lots of "black friends" too right?
Not a hate thread. Don't make it one.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:02 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,121,724 times
Quote:
The Moral Of The Thread?

Did it ever occur to you that Black people actually believe in social programs? It's threads like this that show how limited the Right can be in understanding motives of the Left. The idea of being concerned for someone else's welfare is so foreign to them, that the only reason that makes sense to them for why Blacks would support Dems is to milk some more of those entitlements they must be on.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,581,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Not a rant...An observation of a black RN and a black internal medicine MD in a round table discussion one night. Just their commentary and frustration about their community, extended family etc. The doc in particular said he feels like he is beating his head against the wall with his parents. They feel he is disloyal to the black community by not voting democrat. Maybe it is an older way of thinking? I am just curious on others take on my observation (and theirs) and yes I also see uneducacted republican voters but they worked their arses off to get where they are today and know it can be done the old fashion way without free handouts, just studying and being rewarded by their hard work/good grades with scholarships that they could only keep by keeping a certain grade point average. I am not black but am hearing similar thoughts throughout the black community and I am in the southeast. Very different from what I heard right before Obama was elected. Maybe this is the change coming?

Once again, you're extrapolating from conversations with highly educated, well-employed blacks to uneducated unemployed blacks. That's quite a leap. And you have yet to specify an example of an uneducated unemployed black who is prominent in the Democratic Party.

Your case so far can be dismissed as nothing more than an inaccurate stereotype.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:05 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
No, uneducated unemployed blacks are not the face of the Democrat party. This is just another lie that the GOP is trying to spread.
Yep, it's the same old crap. "Food stamp President", Rick Santorum talking about "blah people" being given money, black kids should be given jobs as janitors, they have no role models, and on and on...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Did it ever occur to you that Black people actually believe in social programs? It's threads like this that show how limited the Right can be in understanding motives of the Left. The idea of being concerned for someone else's welfare is so foreign to them, that the only reason that makes sense to them for why Blacks would support Dems is to milk some more of those entitlements they must be on.
As a nurse our nature is to be concerned for others. I take care of people of all colors, sizes and religious beliefs. This thread is not about the right or the left just MY observations! Black people do indeed believe in social programs. Most of the educated blacks that are my associates think welfare is the worst thing to happen to the black community but that is another thread discussion entirely. There are good and bad about both parties which this thread is not about..Again just my observations and what others have observed!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Once again, you're extrapolating from conversations with highly educated, well-employed blacks to uneducated unemployed blacks. That's quite a leap. And you have yet to specify an example of an uneducated unemployed black who is prominent in the Democratic Party.

Your case so far can be dismissed as nothing more than an inaccurate stereotype.

Not my sterotype. Again..are these two well educated black people representative of most well educated black people or atypical? I can remember one of the doctors at the hospital who again is black who was for McCain years ago. He was very upset over Obama posters all over yet no McCain posters. He also was a strong man of faith and apparently this figured into his not voting for Obama. Now please don't shoot the messenger..again..my observations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies