Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,522,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
One person walking down the street gets stopped by the police.

People engaging in a huge illegal chaotic protest get stopped by the police.

Can you explain how this is a valid comparison?

You really need to spend some time with the Constitution, follow that up with homework on instances that have happened to individuals, journalists etc.....in regards to OWS, and THEN come back to this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,350,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
WHERE are you getting your info that ALL OWS protests are illegal or chaotic?

You need to reread the constitution someday.
WHERE does the Constitution specify that people have the right to:

Disobey orders from police officers

Camp out in the middle of a city and set up kitchens that are hazardous and violate health codes

Obstruct public streets and sidewalks

Harass and intimidate people who are out in public going about their lawful business

Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
You really need to spend some time with the Constitution, follow that up with homework on instances that have happened to individuals, journalists etc.....in regards to OWS, and THEN come back to this discussion.
No, I don't. Not at all.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Good morning, hey, your playing the race card!!!!
I charge you with a hate crime.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,522,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
WHERE does the Constitution specify that people have the right to:

Disobey orders from police officers

Camp out in the middle of a city and set up kitchens that are hazardous and violate health codes

Harass and intimidate people who are out in public going about their lawful business

Show me where the Constitution qualifies these things. You can not. The forefathers knew what they were doing!

Further, there is a difference in orders AND lawful orders.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:37 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Everyone on the sidewalk below Bloomberg's ivory tower is unsavory and an unneccesary inconvenience to the financial and economic elite who run the world.
God forbid they should feel threatened by us little people, but hey, let em eat cake!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times
Would someone tell me what exactly is ''reasonable suspicion''? So, if I am walking down the street and feel that you are going to harm/kill me, I can shoot you as a preventative measure? Holy crap

Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Would someone tell me what exactly is ''reasonable suspicion''? So, if I am walking down the street and feel that you are going to harm/kill me, I can shoot you as a preventative measure? Holy crap
Only if you're one of the King's men.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Show me where the Constitution qualifies these things. You can not. The forefathers knew what they were doing!

Further, there is a difference in orders AND lawful orders.
Please cite the section of the Constitution that allows people to break the law. These things are against the law:

Have you ever heard of unlawful assembly?

Quote:
A person is guilty of unlawful assembly when he assembles with four or more other persons for the purpose of engaging or preparing to engage with them in tumultuous and violent conduct likely to cause public alarm, or when, being present at an assembly which either has or develops such purpose, he remains there with intent to advance that purpose.

Queens Court Upholds Constitutionality of Unlawful Assembly Statute, Takes Judicial Notice of the “Violent” Nature of the Latin Kings | New York Criminal Defense Blawg

Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Is there any data regarding gender in these stop and frisks?
Overwhelmingly male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies