Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't wonder why, I know.

Sad sign of the times but you can witness same here on this forum everyday.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Most only know what they are taught. They don't teach things like that pesky Constitution to anybody anymore. Government class is a liberal teachers opening to indoctrinate folks into their world of class warfare, ridicule and hatred of anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
It is painful to see certain posters dismiss any study of the Constitution as a "republican" thing. It is an American thing. Men and women died so that paper could be written and they have died to defend it ever since. Reading an understanding the document should be a priority for all Americans.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's a sad commentary on America today.

One WWII Vet, one Korean War vet and a Vietnam vet.

Three people argued that the Constitution is too old to care about.

And we wonder why we are in trouble.
It's a wee bit tricky upholding an oath on a document you never bothered to read. I guess they all vote republican in lockstep obeisance to religious right golden calf nuclear penis worshiping.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:12 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is painful to see certain posters dismiss any study of the Constitution as a "republican" thing. It is an American thing. Men and women died so that paper could be written and they have died to defend it ever since. Reading an understanding the document should be a priority for all Americans.
Should be requisite testing to vote on the basis of fundamental competency.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:08 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:

Almost half of Americans believe the Earth is 6000 years old and humans rode around on dinosaurs.

And not knowing the number of Amendments shocks you?

Old 03-03-2012, 07:21 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:

What, none of your friends have an iPhone??

Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
One of the saddest posts I have ever read here.

Can you imagine? Here is a WWII vet, close to 90 years old, a Korean War vet, in his 80s, and a Vietnam vet, in his 60s, all of whom served their country honorably decades and decades ago. They sit in this person's home, perhaps recalling the horrors and hardships they experienced so many years ago, of the friends they saw killed and maimed.

And yet, their 'host' laughs at them for not knowing how many times the Constitution has been amended. The punk then comes here and invites other to join in the laughter, to shake their pointy heads and say "No wonder we are in the state we are in!" The 'host' then sits back and waits for 'reps' for being so clever.

I am of a different opinion.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:33 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
One of the saddest posts I have ever read here.

Can you imagine? Here is a WWII vet, close to 90 years old, a Korean War vet, in his 80s, and a Vietnam vet, in his 60s, all of whom served their country honorably decades and decades ago. They sit in this person's home, perhaps recalling the horrors and hardships they experienced so many years ago, of the friends they saw killed and maimed.

And yet, their 'host' laughs at them for not knowing how many times the Constitution has been amended. The punk then comes here and invites other to join in the laughter, to shake their pointy heads and say "No wonder we are in the state we are in!" The 'host' then sits back and waits for 'reps' for being so clever.

I am of a different opinion.
Don't be so obtuse.

Nobody was laughing at anyone, I was just making a point.

We are a very political family. We were discussing politics, R's vs D's.

I merely spoke up and stated the fact that WE are responsible for what is going on due to the fact that we have ignored the Constitution.

Just as all of your answers to lifes problems are in the Bible, ALL of our answers to our national problems are in the Constitution.

But I'M seen as a "radical"!

Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,830,847 times
Quote:

Hussein said there were 57.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies