Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 12:49 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeds468 View Post
Snake, that family guy .gif file was NOT a valid response.
Obvious Kool-Aid incuded posts sure are worthy of such a reply.

If you don't like it, too bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 12:50 PM

758 posts, read 591,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
<Yawn>

Bush..Bush..Bush. What is your opinion of Obama and his relationships with both Big Corps and Big Banks?
Well Bush is to blame for most of the problems we have today. The debt isn't going to pay itself off either. I love how that wasn't an issue until Obama came into office. Now to answer your question about Obama and his relationships with corporations, big banks, or lack thereof, I think it's great that he made them pay back the bailouts with interest. The Big Three, GM, Citibank, and Bank of America all did, and he made sure of it. Now, I'm not exactly keen on his campaign finance from Goldman Sachs, but I never said the guy was a saint. He sure beats the alternative. This is why I think lobbyists should be outlawed period. I'm not saying he didn't have lobbyists, but I bet you he had far less than most of the Republicans did.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeds468 View Post
Also Israel.
Absolutely! It's ridiculous that there's talk about going to war with Iran now all because Israel wants to pounce on them. We have enough problems here on our own soil right now. Iran also has every right to be mad at us when it was we who put the Shah in power after we overthrew Mohammed Mossadegh with the CIA.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:52 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles View Post
How right you are! So throwing money at a war and trying to Christianize and Westernize the Middle East doesn't guarantee better outcomes. In fact, it often creates worse ones.
Feel free to take that up with your war mongerer In-Chief. Why bother to create a thread and drone on about how Americans aren't willing to PAY for more/better services when you admit yourself that doing so doesn't guarantee better outcomes?

Quote:
Well what do you supposed the student to teacher ration is in the United States compared to those other nations? Statistics can often be misleading.
Not sure, but the parochial schools in the US traditionally have better outcomes with lower costs and higher teacher-student ratios.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times
Quote:
I'm with the Internal Revenue service if you must know.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes

More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits

Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Well Bush is to blame for most of the problems we have today.
Sorry. I couldn't read past this first sentence. The problems we face today began long ago. If you cannot understand that, you've got no legs to stand on.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:55 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Well Bush is to blame for most of the problems we have today. The debt isn't going to pay itself off either. I love how that wasn't an issue until Obama came into office. Now to answer your question about Obama and his relationships with corporations, big banks, or lack thereof, I think it's great that he made them pay back the bailouts with interest. The Big Three, GM, Citibank, and Bank of America all did, and he made sure of it. Now, I'm not exactly keen on his campaign finance from Goldman Sachs, but I never said the guy was a saint. He sure beats the alternative. This is why I think lobbyists should be outlawed period. I'm not saying he didn't have lobbyists, but I bet you he had far less than most of the Republicans did.
Ok, I just can't take your posts seriously anymore after reading this. Try doing a google search on who the biggest recipient of lobbyist cash was last election. You are sadly misinformed.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:57 PM

30,901 posts, read 36,980,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
We've been throwing more money at education for years. Throwing more money at education is not the answer.

That's even more true for medical care than for education.

I have to say I do agree with the OP that Americans want something for nothing. Where I disagree is that I just don't see that the government manages what it has very well....and I think that's a big sticking point between conservatives and liberals. Liberals overlook the sins/inefficiencies of government and conservatives see the waste, mismanagement, and corruption.

FYI to the OP...I believe the U.S. spends more per capita on both education and health care than the European countries, and yet we are inferior on both.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Feel free to take that up with your war mongerer In-Chief. Why bother to create a thread and drone on about how Americans aren't willing to PAY for more/better services when you admit yourself that doing so doesn't guarantee better outcomes?

Not sure, but the parochial schools in the US traditionally have better outcomes with lower costs and higher teacher-student ratios.
Then we should follow by their example if what you say is true. It's not always just the schools. It's often parents. I can't speak for the other states, but I know in Texas they cut funding for lots of the academics and art programs and poured it all into sports.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes
More Taxes

More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
More Benefits
Actually we need the Internal Revenue Service. I know you think that's a joke, but the IRS is the agency that collects the taxes so that we can provide these services that everyone wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies