Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times

Advertisements

when the AA community condemns this behavior it will get better and not b4.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:07 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Whites are already beating and murdering blacks.

Here a recent incident where white beat a black for being in an interracial relationship.
Black teen beaten for having white girlfriend - Video on msnbc.com

Let me re post this video.

Video Caught On Tape 7 White Teens Drive To A Hood, Brutally Beat Down Run Over The 1st Black Victim With A Pickup Truck They Can Find! - YouTube
And they just wanted to beat up a random black guy for fun

Please stop with your bigotry.
I can relate because I am Black I was frequently bullied by many White kids. I was even shot with a paintball gun by one kid. I rarely ever informed the proper authorities about it because I labored under this paradigm: "The burden of proof is on YOU. If you snitch, if you tell the teachers, principal or police about some kids throwing rocks at you, shooting you with a paintball gun, or punching you in a classroom, you better have proof".

That being said, anyone who commits a hate crime, Black, White, Hispanic, whoever it is, needs to be punished and sent to prison. No exceptions. I say take the criminals in those flash mobs to prison.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:09 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when the AA community condemns this behavior it will get better and not b4.
There are African-Americans who condemn this behavior. The mayor of Philadelphia, an African-American male, condemned it. Bill Cosby has frequently called out African-Americans, telling them they need to do better. That said, there are still people who won't listen. Al Sharpton gets more attention.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Your title:

Article title:

I take it "violent rampage" works better for your agenda, right?
Perhaps the police are investigating a peaceful mob attack?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would say that is a big part of it. Africans aren't coming here with the plantation mentality. They came to the USA by CHOICE. They are viewing this nation as a place of freedom and opportunity, where as, many African-Americans don't have that view of the USA.

That being said, how do you think many African-Americans got out of that ugly mentality and went on to strive for better things? I ask this because for the African-Americans who have internalized the slave mentality, there are many who have left it behind and went on to do better things.

I would also argue some of the mentality is rooted in the hip-hop culture, which was turning bad in the 1980s.
African immigrants are used to brutal warlords and machete attacks and crippling corruption. What we call hard work and ambition they call easy street compared to what they have endured.

Put some of our blacks (or some of our whites, or some of our Latinos for that matter) in the Congo for a couple of years and I bet they would be clawing to get back and work their a$$es off!

Old 04-11-2012, 06:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I would say that is a big part of it. Africans aren't coming here with the plantation mentality. They came to the USA by CHOICE. They are viewing this nation as a place of freedom and opportunity, where as, many African-Americans don't have that view of the USA.

That being said, how do you think many African-Americans got out of that ugly mentality and went on to strive for better things? I ask this because for the African-Americans who have internalized the slave mentality, there are many who have left it behind and went on to do better things.

I would also argue some of the mentality is rooted in the hip-hop culture, which was turning bad in the 1980s.
Some Black Americans are rooted in stronger family structures for several generations that would account for some of the success.

I agree hip hop is a regressive culture but it could only be born out of a culture born of the plantation. What other group degrades their own women and sings about killing each other?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
African immigrants are used to brutal warlords and machete attacks and crippling corruption. What we call hard work and ambition they call easy street compared to what they have endured.

Put some of our blacks (or some of our whites, or some of our Latinos for that matter) in the Congo for a couple of years and I bet they would be clawing to get back and work their a$$es off!
Very few Africans in the USA come from the Congo. Poor analogy. All of Africa is not like the Congo.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Another flash mob usual suspects involved.

'Flash rob' like theft in Portland on rise in U.S. | kgw.com Portland

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Very few Africans in the USA come from the Congo. Poor analogy. All of Africa is not like the Congo.
Who said all of Africa was like the Congo?

I would imagine a physicist in Accra or a paralegal in Nairobi would not be the poor people desperately fleeing the violence of Rwanda in the 90s or Côte d'Ivoire in the early 2000s.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
A flash mob (or flashmob)[1] is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression.[2][3][4] Flash mobs are organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails
This was just a mob. Not a "Flash Mob".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies