Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 11:10 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,270,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
No doubt they're off making more donations to poor George's defense fund.
That's probably exactly what's happening.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there has been a huge surge in donations since yesterday - all from idiots who are terrified that they're going to lose their guns.

I really believe that many/most of the Zimmerman supporters (not all) really don't give a rat's patootie about the fact that those parents lost their child, or really care anything about Zimmerman, for that matter.

What they do care about are their guns - and what effect they perceive this case will have on SYG and carrying concealed weapons everywhere they go.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:29 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,964,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Both of your links are to articles by CNN Wire Staff, basically the same article. Technically, the article is accurate. "In court documents" [the motion to revoke bond] the state did claim that gz turned in the old passport. The question is whether the court docs submitted by the state are the truth.

I'd find it hilarious in a bad way if gz and his wife misled the court in the 1st bond hearing and the state misled the court in the hearing to revoke bond because of the original misleading.
Do you really know that prosecution "misled" the court? Of course she didn't! Saying the prosecution would falsify documents is absurd. They can check the dates on the passports. She didn't lie at all. He turned in the passport that had an expiration date of May 2012 instead of the newer one with the expiration date of 2014. In any case, he didn't run. Maybe that's why the judge believed the defense, since Mark O'Mara took full responsibility for the passport mix-up.

Corey stated that Zimmerman possessed two US Passports and didn't surrender them. That's not a lie and it's not misleading the court. Still, what GZ is saying is that he found the replacement for the passport he lost. I am editing this right now, because I can't type this sensibly. GZ lost a passport in 2004, then he found it, but he had a new one and the one he surrendered was the one he lost, but he lost the replacement and then found it, so he turned it over to his attorney. Okay.

I don't want to belabor this issue, since the judge dismissed it based on O'Mara's statement in court. I doubt if O'Mara would lie but it's also a defense attorney's job to get his client the very best representation possible. Now he just hired another attorney, so apparently he believes this case is even more difficult than he originally thought.

By the way, I watched Anderson Cooper last night talking to Mark O'Mara about the "code" Zimmerman and his wife were using, so they really were planning to lie about the money. There was no "misunderstanding" as many here have claimed.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 AM

812 posts, read 596,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

I'd bet dollars to donuts that there has been a huge surge in donations since yesterday - all from idiots who are terrified that they're going to lose their guns.

I really believe that many/most of the Zimmerman supporters (not all) really don't give a rat's patootie about the fact that those parents lost their child, or really care anything about Zimmerman, for that matter.

What they do care about are their guns - and what effect they perceive this case will have on SYG and carrying concealed weapons everywhere they go.
Uh no doubt that is huge!

Old 06-02-2012, 11:35 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,099,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
For my part I could care less if the man hangs or goes free. I just hope it is justice and not wild eyed racist speculation an whining that prevails. Right now I'm still on the objectivity position of whining. The only thing that would serve for me to reverse that position if I were a juror would be knowledge beyond a reasonable doubt that Z placed a loving fatherly hand on Trayvon. Otherwise he should walk an his liberties have been unjustly trampled by the amped up racism of the Jackson,Sharpton, political black caucus up to and including the racist Obama crowd.
If Zimmerman first laid a hand on that young man I am with Sime, my son is authorized to clean his clock. If Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, good night Irene.
What then, if the result is such that there is not enough evidence either way to determine who started it and GZ walks free, which is how I see it going down. Good night USA, what with the ensuing rioting.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
What then, if the result is such that there is not enough evidence either way to determine who started it and GZ walks free, which is how I see it going down. Good night USA, what with the ensuing rioting.
I do agree that there is not enough evidence to know exactly who hit whom and why GZ felt he had to shoot TM to stop the fight. To me, the only question will be the credibility of the defendant (Zimmerman) and the witnesses. Of course forensic evidence, medical statements, etc., should come into play, but we'll never know what really happened. I've said many times on CD that I believe Casey Anthony is guilty of murdering her baby. I still do. However, there was no solid evidence to prove it. Still, as strong as my feelings are about that case, there is a little doubt in my mind that she actually did it. So maybe I'm only 95% convinced. As a juror, you are supposed to find a person guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. What is reasonable? I think that's a big problem with juries today. For all we know, the word "reasonable" will work in the opposite way in Zimmerman's trial. Reasonable doubt doesn't mean beyond a shadow of a doubt. However, I do agree that based on what we've heard, there just isn't enough evidence for a conviction.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:46 AM

You know what there comes a time when if you expect your child to grow up and become an honorable productive citizen of value to himself and society, when he lies in the floor and kicks his feet you have to spank his ass and send him to bed.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Madam, you just cited as well as it can be cited why we need a professional rotating jury in this country. Rank and file simply do not possess the common sense or ability to reason sufficiently to send a person to prison for life take their life or set them free. We must do away with this system and replace it with professional jurors or judges as in England etc.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:54 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,022,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

After thousands of posts, that does seem to be the case.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
You know what there comes a time when if you expect your child to grow up and become an honorable productive citizen of value to himself and society, when he lies in the floor and kicks his feet you have to spank his ass and send him to bed.
Which explains why you believe GZ had the right to kill TM. After all, he didn't lie down and play nice for the man.

GZ: "What are you doing here?"

TM: "Oh, yessir masser. I know Black people have no right to walk down the street without creating suspicion. I don't know who you are or why you are following me in the dark and chasing me behind buildings, but you are the boss, so let me bow down and beg for your mercy."

Old 06-02-2012, 12:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,679,492 times
Reviewing what we know and listing the mistakes that have been made

Treyvon Martin made the mistake of
1. Being Black
2. Wearing a hoodie
3. Walking through a neighborhood at night.
With all the 911 calls concerning the incident, there was not one report from any callers that there was a suspicious black person casing the neighborhood. Only Zimmerman was concerned.

Reviewing the mistakes Zimmerman made
1. Confronting a citizen who he didn't know, at night, even after being advised NOT to do so by the authorities, thereby creating the whole situation.
2. Lying to the judge and the citizens of the State of Florida about his finances
3. Keeping a valid and secondary passport when ordered by a judge to surrender same.

The irony of the whole situation is that now, Zimmerman will spend many months in jail awaiting trial where the percentage of black inmates is disproportionate to the general population. That means there is a reasonable possibility that some may feel justified in exercising a form of vigilante justice on him similar to what he performed on TM. He will also be required to pay for his own defense, rather than have the taxpayer pick up the tab. Karma is a ***** sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies