Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 02:17 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
So tell me, how many personal goods is a life worth??

I find it incredible that people can so cold-heartedly justify killing people to protect their personal inanimate goods.

Peace,
brian
It's got nothing to do with being cold-hearted it's got to do with personal accountability, the kids had no business being there in the first place, they put their own lives in jeopardy by breaking the law, it's got nothing to do with stealing goods, it's about risking your life over doing something stupid, it wouldn't have happened if they didn't go there in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 02:28 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Breaking into someone else’s property is not a big deal, please relax man.
Quote:
Your idea of ownership is very odd, if somebody wants your so-called stuff, they should be free to take it, end of story.
Quote:
Breaking into somebody’s so-called property does not make somebody scum. The real scum is the person who has the property and refuses to share it with other individuals. So selfish, was the so-called owner of the property, they felt the need to kill somebody for it.

There you go. Liberal mindset. Committing a felony is not a big deal.

Great! theredsmowman, give me every last penny you have. Wouldn't want you to have the burden of people calling you scum for not doing so. I prefer money order, no personal checks. Oh and make it fast.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

I find it incredible that people can so cold-heartedly justify killing people to protect their personal inanimate goods.

Peace,
brian
I think you should ask the girl's accomplices that question. It was they who obviously thought stealing someone's personal goods was worth losing a life for.

I find it incredible that people can so cold-heartedly justify being killed in order to take inanimate goods that belong to someone else from them.

Blame the girl and her criminal friends. They are who put her life in jeopardy for some items they wished to rob from someone.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, No, NO! Talk about unsafe gun handling!

Result could have been just as bad. What goes up must come down.

A shooter is legally, financially, and morally responsible for every round which leaves the barrel of his/her firearm.

Whenever a bullet leaves the barrel there may as well be an itty bitty lawyer attached to it ready to sue should it hit/harm/kill anyone or cause property damage.

Clue: Do not fire "warning" shots.
this.

Most competent firearms instructors are going to advise against the technique of 'warning shots.' If driving and someone cuts you off in traffic, do you give them a 'warning swerve' to scare them into thinking you might crash into them? Not a good idea.

I have heard of situations where 'warning shots' were used effectively but perhaps the shooter was just lucky that things didn't go wrong. Keep in mind all we have here is a newspaper account. We really don't know anything about what took place.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:

Peace,
brian
Another poster who failed to read that at least one of the "teens" was armed.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:43 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Great! theredsmowman, give me every last penny you have. Wouldn't want you to have the burden of people calling you scum for not doing so. I prefer money order, no personal checks. Oh and make it fast.
If a 13 year old child lost his ball over your fence and went to go get it you would shoot him the head?

Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
If a 13 year old child lost his ball over your fence and went to go get it you would shoot him the head?
Losing something is not exactly like committing armed robbery at 4 am. No comparison.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:49 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
this.

Most competent firearms instructors are going to advise against the technique of 'warning shots.' If driving and someone cuts you off in traffic, do you give them a 'warning swerve' to scare them into thinking you might crash into them? Not a good idea.

I have heard of situations where 'warning shots' were used effectively but perhaps the shooter was just lucky that things didn't go wrong. Keep in mind all we have here is a newspaper account. We really don't know anything about what took place.

No but you do honk. He should have shot up, or in the oposite directions of the running teens.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:58 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Did you pull a muscle with that stretch?

Let's see, thirteen year old kid chases HIS OWN BALL that landed on my property

vs

Four teens, three of them BREAKING IN TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE, ONE OF THEM ARMED at 4 O'CLOCK in the morning!

Seriously? Try again.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,134,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Did you pull a muscle with that stretch?

Let's see, thirteen year old kid chases HIS OWN BALL that landed on my property

vs

Four teens, three of them BREAKING IN TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE, ONE OF THEM ARMED at 4 O'CLOCK in the morning!

Seriously? Try again.
Okay, what if an armed 13 year old chases his own ball into your yard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies