Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:05 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
gov jan brewer vetoed AZ's "birther bill".

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer vetoes 'birther' bill, says veiled attack on Obama goes 'too far' - New York Daily News

i'm not sure how you define "obscure" but jill nagamine is the deputy attorney general for the state of HI.

apparently not. if you didn't see this earlier here is what ken bennett had to say this afternoon:

"If I embarrassed the state, I apologize, but that certainly wasn’t my intent. He’ll be on the ballot as long as he fills out the same paperwork and does the same things that everybody else has."

Secretary of State Ken Bennett Backs Off Birther Threat, Aplogizes To Arizona | TPMMuckraker

there have been 13 ballot challenges to date. all have failed including one in AZ:

AZ - 2012-03-07 - Allen v Obama C20121317 - ORDER Dismissing Complaint

Play games about Bennet but remember that his was just doing his job as required by Arizona law.

a physical certified COLB and LFBC have been submitted to the court in orly taitz's mississippi ballot challenge appeal.

please name the states that have passed such bills.
Wrecking ball, you eat these birthers alive. You’ve outclassed every opponent in every single exchange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,609,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
oooof!

this will only agitate the birthers. neither bennett or hawaii say exactly what form the verification took.

bennett just opened a family-size can of birther freak-out.
local news said the proof will be posted online.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:12 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
nice, please keep us up to date.

altho past experience tells me to prepare for a new branch of forgery allegations.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:17 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Wrecking ball, you eat these birthers alive. You’ve outclassed every opponent in every single exchange.
thanks. i just try and stick to claims that can be supported, avoid speculation ( or at least make clear that it is as such ) and refrain from lobbing insults.

plus it's great exercise in the art of patience.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,997 times

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
In a way, I think providing this proof gives the lunatics more power. That's why people write "don't feed the trolls" on an internet forum. The more you answer a troll, the more he's encouraged to write outrageous comments.

I know it was probably the right thing to do, but every time the people on the fringe are appeased, they're also being acknowledged.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
In a way, I think providing this proof gives the lunatics more power. That's why people write "don't feed the trolls" on an internet forum. The more you answer a troll, the more he's encouraged to write outrageous comments.

I know it was probably the right thing to do, but every time the people on the fringe are appeased, they're also being acknowledged.
Yeah, but, the birthers are more than just trolls on the internet I think. Seems there are people who believe this birther nonsense who never use the internet.

There is something to be said for confronting and disproving the lies even if it requires disproving the same lies over and over and over again. CD is the perfect example. The same lies keep getting posted again and again. I think some people really don't realize that some of the things they're heard or believe about Obama's birth and life have actually been very well researched, and the lies have been debunked.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:41 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Considering that the birther movement was started by Clinton backers, who are decidedly Liberal... you are probably right.
Wrong.

The Birther movement was started on the right-wing Internet forum FreeRepublic on March 1, 2008. The PUMAs did not pick it up until months later, and they have always been a tiny part of the decidedly conservative meme.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:44 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Talking Not so fast...

Quote:
Hawaii sends Arizona verification of Obama's birth

done deal. see you birthers later...lol

The birthers will simply declare those state-authenticated documents to be forgeries, as they have with all prior submissions.

Their ignorance is their most prized possession.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:51 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The birthers will simply declare those state-authenticated documents to be forgeries, as they have with all prior submissions.
They already are. The Birther web sites this morning are filling with crap like this:

Quote:
I truly doubt this was a true vital document but some statement to the fact that Hawaii has something on file that says Obama was born there.

Hawaiian law provides that anyone can say they witnessed a birth in the state and they will provide a birth certificate.

In Obama's case, it's 'GIGO' or Garbage In Garbage Out.

16 posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:27:05 PM by Red Steel
Quote:
So...exactly what did they do? Prove the record they provided earlier, which Sheriff Joe's people investigaated and said was a fake was actually real? Did they provide another document of birth?

Did they have pictures, did they have DNA, did they have unrefutable eye-witness testimony?

How did they verify it?

And what is this part about the Arizona Secretary of State apologizing for embarassing the state for a conspiracy theory fueled campaign? Is that what he said?

Sorry, all of this sounds completely fabricated and if the Arizona Sec of State did reverse, then it is because other ofrces are at work here somehow. They haven't had time to verify whatever it is Hawaii may have provided.

19 posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:30:11 PM by Jeff Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro
Their ignorance is their most prized possession.
And they certainly will not give it up just because one State is satisfied with what another State has provided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies