Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 04:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,618,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Before abortion was legal, women had illegal, unsafe abortions. Women in many countries still do.....there are still more illegal than legal abortions performed in the world. Another FACT: You will never stop women from having abortions......only safe abortions. But maybe having women suffer at the hands of dirty, untrained abortionists will make you feel better.....at least they are being punished for aborting. Right?

If the thought of carrying her rapist's fetus makes a woman's flesh crawl.....you want to force her to seek out a back street abortionist? Hasn't she already suffered enough? She shouldn't be entitled to a clean, safe, legal abortion? How compassionate of you. "So you were raped, get over it, it's all about the fetus now....not you."

If you want women to live as their ancestors did.....let's take it all the way, shall we? Home births and no more neo-natal care for preemies. The stong will survive.....just like in "the good ole days".

Today's women don't have to suffer like their ancestors did....and that is a GOOD thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 04:50 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,533,924 times
A lot of posts here are clearly reality based.

So! to sum it up, in truth and reality, not in "their" and "our" agendas...

In this screwed-up, immoral society there is no way it would bode well for us to literaly outlaw Abortion. The torturous "genie is out of the bottle." No going back on this one.

Any woman that is determined to kill, sometimes even what is moving and kicking with life inside her womb, can and may do so.

Let's keep it real. We know we won't change each others' minds or hearts, for the most part. (knowing that for every rule there exist exceptions.)

Abortion IS murder of a human. It pits the rights of the mother against the rights of the Baby inside her.

Abortionists do NOT use anesthesia! Yes, many babies that are aborted can FEEL PAIN.

Women felt pain, too. Women got so desperate that they did even use coat hangars. Of course...THAT was back when there was much more societal cruelty to women getting pregnant out of wedlock, etc. BUT! it did occur, so abortion is here to stay.

I rest in the fact that none of us gets the last word.

God does~

Old 05-25-2012, 05:28 PM

464 posts, read 479,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What do you think women did before abortion was legal? Rapes occurred back then. Are women more weak now and can't endure as much as our ancestors did? You can't make a horrible act into a good one no matter what one does. Knowing you killed the baby won't make it better. It's still not the baby's fault.
So if I was rape, I should grin and bear it like my ancestors did on the Carolina Plantation? Alrighty then.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:30 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
funny how the safest and cheapest solution of individual responsibility is never mentioned in the o.p.
Responsible people aren't supposed to drink and drive, yet people are killed daily in drunk driving accidents.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,395,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafChick View Post
So if I was rape, I should grin and bear it like my ancestors did on the Carolina Plantation? Alrighty then.
Isn't it nice to have people who believe themselves morally superior telling you how to live your life?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Before abortion was legal, women had illegal, unsafe abortions. Women in many countries still do.....there are still more illegal than legal abortions performed in the world. Another FACT: You will never stop women from having abortions......only safe abortions. But maybe having women suffer at the hands of dirty, untrained abortionists will make you feel better.....at least they are being punished for aborting. Right?

If the thought of carrying her rapist's fetus makes a woman's flesh crawl.....you want to force her to seek out a back street abortionist? Hasn't she already suffered enough? She shouldn't be entitled to a clean, safe, legal abortion? How compassionate of you. "So you were raped, get over it, it's all about the fetus now....not you."

If you want women to live as their ancestors did.....let's take it all the way, shall we? Home births and no more neo-natal care for preemies. The stong will survive.....just like in "the good ole days".

Today's women don't have to suffer like their ancestors did....and that is a GOOD thing.
Excellent post!

The Anti-Choice crowd is ONLY interested in punishing women...

Old 05-25-2012, 07:33 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,454,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Oh you mean that half that voted for the hammer and messiah! Gay marriage, pro abortion/infanticide,communist economics, that brilliant 50%. What a great country we have "evolved" into. They should call that party the 90 iq stew.
There's a direct correlation between pro lifers and low IQ levels. I little research on the subject would point out that's what we call a FACT.............yeah it's not just my opinion

And I'm sorry people like yourself don't like the fact that our country is "evolving"
Maybe you would prefer the middle east because it sound like you hate freedom.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,202,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
More and more employers are sending women home for being pregnant.
That's the intelligent thing to do.

If the employer doesn't fire the pregnant female, then it's because we all know that the female was the employer's slave and made forced her to work even if she didn't want to work.

And we all know that if the child is born "autistic" (snicker) or hyperactive ("autistic") or with ADD ("autistic") or with Alzheimer's (autistic) then it is the fault of the employer, because in the 6th week of pregnancy before the employer had any clue she was pregnant (even before she knew she was pregnant), the employer yelled at her for not filing the proper paperwork in a timely manner resulting in the loss of a client and $17 Million in annual sales revenues.

And then of course that will drive up the employer's cost of health care.

So hooray for employers.

Firing...

Mircea

Old 05-25-2012, 07:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
There's a direct correlation between pro lifers and low IQ levels. I little research on the subject would point out that's what we call a FACT.............yeah it's not just my opinion

And I'm sorry people like yourself don't like the fact that our country is "evolving"
Maybe you would prefer the middle east because it sound like you hate freedom.
I'm sure that poster would look quite attractive in this;

Old 05-25-2012, 08:12 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,202,765 times
Quote:
Here we go again.

Why can't pro-lifers deal with FACTS?

I know why.....because the facts wipe out all of their major talking points.
What facts?

Show me some facts.

"In reviewing the neuroanatomical and physiological evidence in the fetus, it was apparent that connections from the periphery to the cortex are not intact before 24 weeks of gestation and, as most neuroscientists believe....".

Belief is not fact.

Quote:
I just don't have a lot of confidence in someone who is in a position of power consulting with a "god" instead of using cold, hard facts to make important decisions.
[Emphasis Mine]

Congratulations on contradicting yourself.

So, what you are telling people is that your beliefs are facts, put the beliefs of you people who disagree with you are not facts.

Got it.

Quote:
... that the cortex is necessary for pain perception, it can be concluded that the fetus cannot experience pain in any sense prior to this gestation.
You cannot draw conclusions based on beliefs. Conclusions require facts.

I experience no pain in my left hand/arm. Fact or belief?

Fact. At the VA hospital they hooked me up to an EMG and no electrical waves pass through the ulnar or radial nerves to my brain (prior to certain points on the nerves), meaning I cannot sense pain.

That is fact. It is reproducible, because I've had an EMG 6 times in last two years (although it is better since I had surgery last year to fix the nerve damage).

Does that article have charts? Let me seem them. I can read them. An electrical impulse either goes across the entire nerve path to the brain or it does not. It ain't brain surgery.

Here's a machine just like at the VA with someone getting freaking shocked just like I was:

And this is what the charts look like:

And this is how they measure pain:

And here's (one of) my doctor(s):

He's from the Philippines (and he's funnier than Seinfeld).

Quote:
This state can suppress higher cortical activation in the presence of intrusive external stimuli.
But does it?

You can stick a needle in your eye too, but do you? Your can go 130 MPH, but do you? Get my point?

I see a lot of fluff and a lot of Weasel Words to hedge their bets in the event their are wrong, but no substantive compelling evidence to support their, um, "beliefs."

Quote:
Before abortion was legal, women had illegal, unsafe abortions.
All women?

All pregnant women?

How many women died annually -- in the US -- from abortions prior to Roe v Wade?

Women still die from abortions.

Note that women always had and still have the option of carrying the child to term and giving it to a loving family for adoption.

Better to kill than create, right?

Quote:
You equate sex to suffering?

How bizarre.

Refuting...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies