Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,484,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Who said anything about welfare? You're nuts. You're putting words in my mouth, proving that you have an agenda here. (Can you spell T-R-O-L-L?)
It's about fixing the economy (difficult, with GOP opposition) and providing jobs. I don't see GOP employers here rushing to offer work to African Americans.
I don't see Liberal employers here rushing to offer work to African Americans either. How come?

It's about fixing the economy (difficult, with GOP opposition) and providing jobs.

How is GOP opposition hampering jobs?

What is Obama doing to fix the economy?

Unemployment increased last month. That is proof that Obama's plans are making things worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's because Obama is NOT making life worse for minorities. On the contrary, Obama is making life better.

And contrary to popular belief, most minorities are smart enough to know that the President does not just flip a switch and out come jobs. Many low income minorities have been through even harder times than this (yes I know this is hard to comprehend for many conservatives) and they know how to pull themselves through it and they also know that blaming the President is childish and dumb. And it does not help that Romney make it clear that the wealthy will benefit most from his economic policy.

In simple terms, minorities are less whiners and more doers, in sharp contrast to the Republicans.
Then how come Obama's policies have minorities living at above 10% unemployment?

Good thing Obama is on their side.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:07 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I don't see Liberal employers here rushing to offer work to African Americans either. How come?

It's about fixing the economy (difficult, with GOP opposition) and providing jobs.

How is GOP opposition hampering jobs?

What is Obama doing to fix the economy?

Unemployment increased last month. That is proof that Obama's plans are making things worse.
Most employers are not concerned about curing social issues or minority unemployment, employers are concerned about making a profit. Shocking right??

Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Then how come Obama's policies have minorities living at above 10% unemployment?

I'm curious how you draw a direct link between Obama and minority unemployment.

I'm also curious why you think the low income minorities should blame Obama and not the bosses who outsourced jobs to China.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
GOP has opposed Obama's efforts to stimulate the economy.

Read. The. Other. Thread.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:09 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:

Maybe Obama is trying to emulate Reagan, unemployment rate for Blacks reached almost 20% under Reagan,

Oh snap, end of troll thread.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
GOP has opposed Obama's efforts to stimulate the economy.

Read. The. Other. Thread.

How many $800 billion dollar stimuluses do you want Obama to try?

The first one didn't work. Remember.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Maybe Obama is trying to emulate Reagan, unemployment rate for Blacks reached almost 20% under Reagan,

I thought you said you weren't a Liberal.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
You're kidding right?

Her answer was that "the GOP would throw them under the train".

That's Liberal BS.

Liberal BS? Have you missed the GOP primary? Let me present to you what the front runners said:

Quote:
"I don't want to make black people’s lives better by giving them somebody else’s money." - Rick Santorum

"Why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps." - Newt Gingrich
It's ok to say that not everyone in the GOP is a racist wingnut, but to pretend that some in the party didn't treat minorities unfairly (to put it mildly) is simply ignorant of reality (and makes you look more like another wingnut).

Old 06-07-2012, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

Checkmate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies