Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:54 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Isn't it nice to spew your hateful ignorance without getting arrested, thrown in a dungeon, and possibly executed?
That's totally the reality in most of the world. Half of everyone not in 'Merica lives in a dungeon.

I'm actually in Germany right now, and I got thrown in jail 3 times just today.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 01:54 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
You ungrateful idiots wouldn't be sitting in your air conditioned homes playing xbox eating cheetos if it wasn't for them. You'd be forced to go out and fight for your freedoms around the world if nobody volunteered to be in the military. There should be a liberal registry to know who are real enemies at home are. They are no different than the violent terrorists attacking democracy around the world except liberals attack democracy at home and bring it more inline to their communist ideology.
I don't eat cheetos and don't play xbox. I have also on many occasions bought veterans a round of beers, which costs a lot more than one lunch at the airport. I'll match my dozens of beers to your McDouble with fries.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How do they take care of us? By fighting in countries that we have no business being in except to protect petrol/military interests? Military already receive many discounts on airlines, food, subsidized housing for families, free college education, healthcare for life for he and his family if they stay for 20 years or more, etc. Many of us are just getting by, taxed to death by the government, battling inflation in just about everything, etc. Sorry Gomer Pyle, you can pay your own way like everyone else.

Sure are a lot of the things mentioned on your list that people have given to them in this country for doing absolutely nothhing. And for some reason they get it without having to spend 20 years having their own rights violated as military people's are.

That makes sense.

Old 07-04-2012, 01:55 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffersondavis View Post
You ungrateful idiots wouldn't be sitting in your air conditioned homes playing xbox eating cheetos if it wasn't for them. You'd be forced to go out and fight for your freedoms around the world if nobody volunteered to be in the military
Could you name some examples? Thanks to unnecessary military intervention in those wretched countries, we've now got their backwards-thinking refugees flooding into our country. How are we freer? Certainly not at the airports. Certainly not in legally mandated medical marijuana dispensaries in California. Certainly not under any law mandated by the patriot act. Certainly not under the Affordable Care Act just approved by the SCOTUS> We are less free now than any other time in my life.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
You may not have experienced the disrespect, but I did time and time again. Sometimes from my countrymen, and sometimes by people I crossed paths with while serving overseas. I'm not going to explain each incident to you. Really don't care if you believe me.
For the record, I don't believe you. Have a nice 4th.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:09 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
the lunch that a soldier purchased at Baltimore airport last week. There were about 15-20 people inline ahead of me at Subway at BWI. When I got online, this young soldier was number four inline. Not one person acknowledged him, thanked him, or even offered to buy him lunch. As he was reaching into his pocket to pay I walked over to the register and said "Thanks man, this ones on me". These kids are leaving home for months at a time, many may not even come home. Take care of those that take care of us. Please acknowledge the men and women who serve America. If you can't afford to treat them to a lunch, a simple smile or thank you will make them feel good.
Sorry, but where I come from, offering to buy another bloke's lunch will get you a punch in the mouth.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:10 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
Sorry, but where I come from, offering to buy another bloke's lunch will get you a punch in the mouth.
I wonder if he called him "hotcakes". "Hey hotcakes, can I buy you some hotcakes?"

Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Could you name some examples? Thanks to unnecessary military intervention in those wretched countries, we've now got their backwards-thinking refugees flooding into our country. How are we freer? Certainly not at the airports. Certainly not in legally mandated medical marijuana dispensaries in California. Certainly not under any law mandated by the patriot act. Certainly not under the Affordable Care Act just approved by the SCOTUS> We are less free now than any other time in my life.

I will agree with most of this, however I don't think soldiers can be blamed for it.

Soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan had nail clippers etc confiscated on their return trip home. Imagine fighting a war against the terrorists and returning home to be treated like one.

I am fed up just like many others about our troops being overseas while our own borders are unprotected. I'm just not getting it why people blame the soldiers and not the Gov't officials responsible for these decisions.

With the cutbacks in the military, it is the wages and benifits of soldiers that are being cut instead of the Gov't contracts that are the biggest offenders in waste. But once we cut back to the point of reinstating the draft because no one in their right mind will volunteer (why not sit home and take instead) more people will find out what the military is all about. You don't think we will go without armed forces, do you?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
For the record, I don't believe you. Have a nice 4th.

Maybe he has been to a CD meet and greet. There are sure enough on here that are disrespectful. I doubt he really worries much about what you think though. Have a nice day!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
I don't know how you could conscionably remain in such a homophobic locale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies