Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:57 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
In your sad and pathetic existence, perhaps he's not doing anything but there are those of us that appreciate what this man is doing. You have such a big ego thinking that the soldier is making you less safe when in fact the probability that your nasty hate-filled attitude is what is really endangering you.

He's special. You're not.
Everyone who has served is special??? Rev. Wright, John Kerry??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:57 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Yep.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
the lunch that a soldier purchased at Baltimore airport last week. There were about 15-20 people inline ahead of me at Subway at BWI. When I got online, this young soldier was number four inline. Not one person acknowledged him, thanked him, or even offered to buy him lunch. As he was reaching into his pocket to pay I walked over to the register and said "Thanks man, this ones on me". These kids are leaving home for months at a time, many may not even come home. Take care of those that take care of us. Please acknowledge the men and women who serve America. If you can't afford to treat them to a lunch, a simple smile or thank you will make them feel good.
Rev Wright served in the Marine Corps. Go send him a pizza, I hear he likes onions

Old 07-04-2012, 02:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Oh, and why do you ask?

Old 07-04-2012, 03:04 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He can't buy his own lunch?

I'm sorry, he applied for a job.
He chose his career/job.
No one forced him to do anything.

Why is he special? He's not.

He's doing nothing for the US and not protecting any of my freedoms.
If anything, he's making my life less safe.

This is the mind of a liberal-

"Why is he special? He's not".

Liberals really think this way. It is amazing and disgusting that there are people who call themselves Americans who would say such things, particularly on the 4th.

Active duty and vets ARE SPECIAL PEOPLE. They put thier lives and their limbs on the line for OUR COUNTRY! We should always show respect to active duty and vet personnel and tell them thanks. If more people thought the way that you do during the course of our history, our nation would cease to exist. Your types spit on vets when they returned from Vietnam and should be ashamed of yourself!

One must ask, when visiting europe, do you make a special sides trip to US cemetaries there from WW1 and WW2 to pis* on the graves of the fallen?

Old 07-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Oh, and why do you ask?
Because of the comments I've read about Rev. Wright and John Kerry on this forum. Have you read some of the comments about Carter on this forum recently? Saying his greatest moment in life was watching a baseball game. That doesn't sound special to me. I sense some dishonesty. People praise vets in one thread and slam them in another.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I don't know how you could conscionably remain in such a homophobic locale.
Easily.

It's a paradise called Australia, where the days are warm, the men are men, and those who join any sort of governmental organisation are looked at as most probably gay anyway.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:13 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
The OP makes me even more worried about the nuts walking around in society judging me for things I have no clue on. I guess I assume when I see a person in uniform they are in the National Guard on their weekend training ect. It doesn't occur to me to engage them at all, I mean it's kind of nuts really.

I think people share too many corny facebook videos.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:16 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
lol... So if I don't offer to pay for a soldier's lunch at the airport, it means I'm self-centered? Too funny.

And so where does it end? What if there are two soldiers together? Or five? Do I need to buy lunch for all of them? Is there a quota of some kind? What if I see more soldiers the next day when I'm coming home? Am I obligated to buy lunch for them too? This could get expensive.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:18 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
He can't buy his own lunch?

I'm sorry, he applied for a job.
He chose his career/job.
No one forced him to do anything.

Why is he special? He's not.

He's doing nothing for the US and not protecting any of my freedoms.
If anything, he's making my life less safe.

All the more reason we should be grateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies