Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 PM

629 posts, read 945,998 times

Advertisements

I don't know; my kid took a "family life" course. He told me that they taught him to wash his face because he might get zits. How is that not useful?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Homosexuals are probally sexually abusing children as we speak - that does not concern you?

I would hope that sexual abuse of children would at the very least bother you - if it doesn't - "shakes head".
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
It is FAR more likely that a heterosexual is abusing a child as we speak. Doesn't that concern you?
Quote:
Did you even read what I wrote? I said "I hope that sexual abuse of children would at the very least bother you"?

How can you read that and ask me your question? Where did I make a distinction in that phrase? I didn't.

You illustrate the entire futility of dividing people by using labels - and the gays have no one but themselves to blame for it.
Are you saying that you didn't say that there are probably homosexuals sexually abusing children as we speak?

You made the distinction by singling out homosexuals.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Schools are not the place to discuss such things - that is for inside the home.

Our schools are not social experiement laboratories - they are institutions of education.

The only reason why the gay army wants family structures to be discussed in schools is so they can pretend like their "families" are normal.
Great then we can get rid of ALL books that mention any family structure. Or is it you only want YOUR ideal family structure mentioned?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Are you saying that you didn't say that there are probably homosexuals sexually abusing children as we speak?

You made the distinction by singling out homosexuals.
You did not follow the thread - I was responding to StillwaterTownie who specifically asked about homosexual child abusers.

I was making the point that sexual abuse of children is tragic and wrong no matter who does it.

I can't respond to a question without being accused of the same thing the person who asked the question did?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Quote:
Schools are not the place to discuss such things - that is for inside the home.
Nope.

Schools are perfectly good place to discuss such things, since some idiots what to believe otherwise.

Quote:
The only reason why the gay army wants family structures to be discussed in schools is so they can pretend like their "families" are normal.
They are perfectly normal.

Only complete imbeciles disagree.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
You did not follow the thread - I was responding to StillwaterTownie who specifically asked about homosexual child abusers.

I was making the point that sexual abuse of children is tragic and wrong no matter who does it.

I can't respond to a question without being accused of the same thing the person who asked the question did?
Then why single out homosexuals? Why not just say someone is probably sexually abusing a child?

You are trying to equate anything negative with being a homosexual, and it doesn't hold water.
If it offends YOUR morals, don't do it.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Once again - whom one chooses to be sexually attracted to has NOTHING to do with ones historical contribution - and should not be taught to elementary school kids.
Actually, it can have quite a bit to do with their historical contribution. If they had to struggle with societies bigotry, being abused by those who hated them for no other reason beside their sexuality but overcame it to make an important contribution to society than I'd say it should at the very least be mentioned.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Then why single out homosexuals? Why not just say someone is probably sexually abusing a child?

You are trying to equate anything negative with being a homosexual, and it doesn't hold water.
If it offends YOUR morals, don't do it.
I DIDN'T single out homosexuals - I addressed StillwaterTownie's post - in which she singled out homosexuals.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I DIDN'T single out homosexuals - I addressed StillwaterTownie's post - in which she singled out homosexuals.
OK deny what YOU wrote, and I quoted. It is there for everyone to see.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:45 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
So how exactly is it different if a child is raised in a home with a loving, caring same sex couple than being raised in a home with a loving, caring heterosexual couple or single parent again?

A family is a family no matter what sort of bigotry and ignorance you want to spew forth. You don't like it? More power to you and all that, but what gives you the right to determine what is and what isn't a family?

Last I checked heterosexuals aren't the shining image of the picture perfect family America wants them to be. If that were the case then why are so many rapists, murderers, criminals, etc coming out of heterosexual families?

What about hermaphrodites? Where do they fall into the grand scheme of things? Is it not possible for two hermaphrodites to have a family that is both loving and caring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies