Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 03:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What would the recently re-elected Missouri Senator say about what you posted. I think she would be on the side of the Glorious Leader and not the side of Missouri State Law.
Missouri has a leftist Senator willing to ignore the will of her constituency?

Par for the course for liberals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
There are hardly any gun owners who would be willing to throw away their own life and their family just to keep their gun. Very few. The nuts they would just have to deal with.
I wouldn't do so to "keep my gun". I would do so to preserve the Republic.

Dismantle the 2nd Amendment and the entire Republic comes tumbling down with it.

Without the 2nd Amendment, the rest of the Constitution is entirely meaningless.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Amendments were meant to be amended. The majority is sick of the insanity of the gun crazy minority in this country. Change is coming.
Why are you opposed to a free state ensuring its own security?

Why do you want to eliminate the only thing that preserves the security of a free state?

Amendments are meant to be amended? Really? So, may I assume that you are in favor of amending the 1st and 14th Amendments , as well as the 2nd Amendment?

I am not.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
The country would be much more free without the guns.
How so?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You speak as if Canada is gun-free. Obviously, you should do more research on the topic being discussed before posting your ill-informed opinions for the public to ridicule. Ruger Mini-14 rifles have the same ROF and use the same .223 calibre cartriges as the Bushmaster AR-15, and are freely available to any law-abiding Canadian who demonstrates a basic understanding of firearms safety and applies for a Possession-Acquisition license. Hell, a Glock 9mm pistol is also freely available to any law-abiding Candian who demonstrates a basic knowledge of handgun safety, joins a gun club and applies for a restricted firearms designation for his PAL. Any Canadian with a lick of sense about Canadian firearms regulations should know that.

BTW: If you actually had the cognitive abilities to understand what I originally posted, you would realize my sentiments were based on something far deeper then simple gun control. Based on your reply however, I doubt you would get it if I explained it to you with picture illustrations.

It was called "Kristallnacht". Look into it.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm guessing there are about 10,000 such revolutionary types who would actually fight. Whatever the number, it's way less than you think it is. Lots of people like to talk big but when the shots start, their hands will go up like they were attached to balloons.
You don't have to describe liberals for us, we already know.

Thank you, anyway!

Old 12-20-2012, 05:06 PM

2,865 posts, read 3,633,109 times
NO!!!! And I would not want to be on one has has to either!!!!!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:06 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,102,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
What do you mean by sexual deviants???
I take it that you didn't get the thinly-veiled sarcasm in my original post.

More to the point: If the government is going to throw the U.S. Constitution out the window, illegally search every house in the nation and confiscate whatever firearms they see fit from law-abiding citizens, what is to stop them from arresting any citizen at will for whatever trumped-up charges they can come up with? You know, in exactly the same way the Nazis started the Holocaust in motion in 1930's Germany.

People that forget the past are condemned to repeat it. All the twits in this forum that are advocating raiding every house in the nation to look for guns need to take a remedial course in 20th Century History and Early American History - specifically the parts about the Revolutionary War and the drafting of the Unites States Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I take it that you didn't get the thinly-veiled sarcasm in my original post.

More to the point: If the government is going to throw the U.S. Constitution out the window, illegally search every house in the nation and confiscate whatever firearms they see fit from law-abiding citizens, what is to stop them from arresting any citizen at will for whatever trumped-up charges they can come up with? You know, in exactly the same way the Nazis started the Holocaust in motion in 1930's Germany.

People that forget the past are condemned to repeat it. All the twits in this forum that are advocating raiding every house in the nation to look for guns need to take a remedial course in 20th Century History and Early American History - specifically the parts about the Revolutionary War and the drafting of the Unites States Constitution and Bill of Rights.
Yeah, and they did it with the consent of the people.

You see, that's the scariest part about Nazi Germany. The people willingly went along with it all. They closed their eyes and ears and went right along with what they thought was a leader that told them "they were what the world was waiting for."

They fell for the lies, propaganda, demagoguery and false security.

The whole time they never felt the temperature rising in their boiling pot.

Maybe you ought to ask yourself why we push democracy on other nations when we're suppose to be a Federal Republic. It's certainly not because democracies are stronger. Democracies are weak. Democracies float from one crisis to the next and are completely susceptible to totalitarian regimes.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:27 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
That might be fun to play army for a bit but I really don't want to turn our nation into an armed camp, Mac. Unless we change the name to Sparta.
I was serious....

Bill Text - 107th Congress (2001-2002) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

I assume you trust 'thomas'

I would prefer the USA to be a armed militia like Israel, that a bunch of over weight slobovians taking in the entitlements, whining about guns, and types of guns they have never once held in their hands.

This country is way too soft, and the people in it are way to dependent on the Govt.

So yeah to get America fit again I could really see this act and like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies