Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I fixed your post for you. You forgot to add that Democrats also believe that lifelong welfare recipients get their fair share.
So you are against tax payers paying their fair share ?

also, there is no such think as a life long welfare recipient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"the OBAMA PAYROLL TAX HOLIDAY," should NEVER have been enacted in the first place.

Social Security is paying OUT more then it takes in, and has been since 2010. It was foolish to reduce the amount it was taking in. It will be broke sooner then previously predicted.

Why do you bring up Bush? He didn't extend the tax cuts. Obama did. AND it was Obama who enacted the "payroll "tax. He didn't even have the courage to call it what it was, a Social Security tax holiday.
Your entire comment hints at the fact that you did not even read the comment I responded too. Since you quoted my comment, then you obviously saw what I quoted and did not make the effort to understand the conversation at hand. You decided to pull one comment out of context and respond to it which makes no sense in a thread.

You asked why i brought up Bush, It is because the person I responded to ( and quoted i might add) brought him up and said he lobbied for a Tax extension, which I also mentioned that he never did. If you had even read my comment, you could have comprehended that, but instead it seems like you saw the word BUSH and decided to respond. I never even said it was Bush who extended the tax cuts.

Please, take time to actually READ the comment before you respond.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Oh look, Ms. Ihateamerica wants to argue two sides of the same post to bust on the US!

What a shocker.

Back in the 1990s, I typically took home over $200/day from waiting tables.

That's more than $291.50 in today's money.

Show me where ordinary low-skilled workers can take home $300/day besides the US.
Where did you work?

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
If you are going to make a waiter or waitress mad, make sure you don't go in that establishment again. They have ways of getting even.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So you think that people of my income level never go on the Internet? That IS FUNNY. What we do not do is-

Shop at malls in public

Go to common restaurants (Olive Garden, etc)

Play golf at public courses

Go to grocery stores

Go to movies

We are not seen in public and associate among ourselves, generally at our country club, Good restaurants, or at private booths for plays and sporting events.

You will never see me and my friends, as we are private and do not want to be seen.

I find it amusing that you think someone who makes over $1 million per year is "special". That is hilarious; I am a relative pauper in my peer group. You must be very jealous and envious; you are a fool- find faith and peace instead.
You sound like a liberal Elitist.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The problem for poor begrudged people is they think they are owed. The only thing they are owed what they agree to be paid for the service they provide to an employer as well as what the employee agrees to pay for that service. Nothing more, nothing less. If you have a skill that anyone off the street can be trained for and provide.. sorry your skill does not have the $ value of someone who has to go to school for years to learn a skill.

Democrats are either one of two types of people. Those who either gave up, some are people who think they are owed, some are just too lazy. A group of naysayers who are convinced that they can't make it without someone like Obama and hope Obama will do it for them and the second type of Democrat who has an agenda and understand the mentality of the first type. The 2nd type of democrats are users and they lie and use propaganda to get the first type on board. No one, not even your messiah Obama will save your day. You will wait a life time for it to happen.

It is sad that people are so down on themselves because in this country where anyone can make it if they would just keep thinking, keep trying and do what it takes. But people would rather say woe is me. They would rather fight with people who try to explain. They lack the understanding that attitude is part of success and woe is me is not going to cut it. The want others to take care of them.
You just contradict yourself over and over.

If Republicans are so damn smart why do they have all the traits of knuckle draggers, can't get their foot into this century and, wait for this.....................lost the election? Please don't tell me that the Republicans are the minority because they are the "smart" party.

Republicans to the US are the equivalent of mountain and villlage Afghanis in Afghanistan. They don't want change. They are very happy living in another century.

You talk about people being down on themselves, all the while putting people down. It's sad that you have to go to such extremes finding fault with everyone that doesn't fit your profile. I bet there are a considerable number of people who has a station in life that is much higher than yours and could, but don't, look down on you. As for your mentality, that could be written off as just plain ignorance.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,154,568 times
This person was obviously planning on doing probably if he had is typed up already. That is a rather awful thing to do. If the President is making your life that hard you can't afford to tip and extra $3 after after spending $37 on pizza, you should move out of the USA.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
This person was obviously planning on doing probably if he had is typed up already. That is a rather awful thing to do. If the President is making your life that hard you can't afford to tip and extra $3 after after spending $37 on pizza, you should move out of the USA.
I don't think that will help the individual's goal. The goal was to have good pizza. If he moved out of the US, the chances of getting good pizza is slim. I can't even get decent pizza across the border in PA. Forget about overseas.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's see...so you're STILL gonna be a generous tipper (priority: very important), but charitable giving (obviously not as important) is what's gonna have to suffer, huh? LMAO...nice to know that your priorities are straight.

Not that I believe any of it. This tax increase doesn't affect you for one, because its on more income than you make in 5 years, let alone one year. So let's clear that up now.

And secondly, if your heart was deeply into charitable giving, you'd do it despite the tax increase. So that's all b.s. too.

Welcome to CD, where even the servers are wealthy.

Do a little homework and you'll find that the Coney Queen you give a $3.00 tip to makes something like $200 per shift because she'll earn that 50+ times in a day.

Does it bother you that a large number of waiters and waitresses earn an income in excess of what many would expect given their limited social status?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And there you have it, the typical liberal response. When they can't defend their position they call names and write post like that lol.
Following the above you posted:

Quote:
Why should anyone who earns the money have to cut their discretionary spending just because idiots voted for Obama. Seriously, you didn't think people would cut spending in ways that would affect you. If you didn't realize that then you are as much as an idiot as Obama thinks you are.
Calling people idiots because they didn't vote the way you believe they should have and a poster an idiot isn't name calling? I won't take the time to go through this thread to quote all the name calling you have been doing because it would take up too much of my time and probably add another 3 pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies