Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 08:05 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Breaking news: Flaming liberal idiots at local diner report lack of tip to newspaper. Flaming idiot editor publishes it.

Most people would have thrown the note in the trash.
A mature person would but the waiter must be a childish person, they should be fired for such stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 08:09 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImproveDaily View Post
Maybe he will stupidly eat there again and the workers can even things out
And how would you suggest they do this? Tamper with their meal? Well that's real mature of you.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Sure got the RWNJ fringe up and posting.
Cup o' java in hand!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
A mature person would but the waiter must be a childish person, they should be fired for such stupidity.
I'm thinking the patron was waiting for the opportunity to lay this note down, he got one when this gay waiter sucked at his job.

I wonder how his other ignored customers felt as this idiot was walking around the restaurant showing this note to anyone who cared.

Just get back to work!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
But yet, you want to take their money.
Stop sniveling. I never said that I wanted to take anyone's money.

Besides, what do you care if i did? The rich can fend for themselves with paupers like you fighting for them.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:04 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
tipping is entirely up to you, and as someone else mentioned, why should the customer be expected to pay the server's wages anyway?
That is one of the strong economic arguments against the custom, but certainly not the only one. For example:

Quote:
tipping may have a negative externality effect, explaining why the percentage of tips has increased from around ten to fifteen percent of the bill in the 1970s to 15-20 percent today. 1 It seems
plausible to assume that as inequality grew in the United States, affluent people increased the amount they tip in order to improve their relative positioning or their status. This put pressure on those who are somewhat less affluent to increase the amount of tip that they leave, starting a cascade effect to the detriment of all.
The Case Against Tipping [pdf]

Old 01-12-2013, 09:09 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I rounded down. He left 40% of the generally expected standard amount.

When everyone knows the standard tip is 15%, and the guy fully admitted the service was satisfactory, he didn't leave a tip, since he didn't follow the SOP.

That's semantics if you think you can't extrapolate that leaving less than 50% of the SOP it might as well be nothing. It is more insulting to leave a cute little note about cutting your budget even though the waitperson did their job appropriately.

Go ahead and call me an idiot...but if I am "cutting my discretionary income" $40 lunches are tops on the list. As well as printing out extraneous business cards.
Why did you LIE in your title?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:16 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'm thinking the patron was waiting for the opportunity to lay this note down, he got one when this gay waiter sucked at his job.

I wonder how his other ignored customers felt as this idiot was walking around the restaurant showing this note to anyone who cared.

Just get back to work!
So now the waiter is a male, not a female, and he's gay!!! And he sucked at his job. And he ignored his other customers. And he went around the restaurant showing the note to anyone who cared!!!!

The only way you could know any of what you posted is if there is an article, which I would like to see a link to, OR you were there when it happened. Were you one of the patrons that was being ignored? I hope you didn't leave a tip.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
So now the waiter is a male, not a female, and he's gay!!! And he went around the restaurant showing the note to anyone who cared!!!!

Was there another article on this "tipping" matter giving further info that you have supplied, or were you there?
Nah, I just took artistic license.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM

44 posts, read 30,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
And how would you suggest they do this? Tamper with their meal? Well that's real mature of you.
Nope. Bad service. Let him wait. Put in the wrong order. Bad seating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies