Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You see, "desert-detroiter", I don't care about you at all or what you think, as you are economically and politically irrelevant.

I have wealth,income, and thus SOME local and state political power and personal economic security and comfort. I know our Governor and republican senator personally. I am set in life.

Do I care about you? No- you are a lower income democrat and are irrelevant. Sorry, but the truth hurts. I would not even let you carry my bag at Glen Oaks.

P.S.- Arizona, outside of Scotsdale North, Troon, and Dove Mountain in Tuscon is a dump. It is a desert version of Detroit.
Hey, are you still taking out your anger over Obama's presidential win on all of the needy kids who had nothing to do with it, like you claimed you were going to do in your thread? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times
And again... only a bitter, not-so-bright conservative would think that stiffing some waiter just trying to make a living is a great idea for "revenge" against Obama.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,287,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And again... only a bitter, not-so-bright conservative would think that stiffing some waiter just trying to make a living is a great idea for "revenge" against Obama.
Would a rich person get their revenge by withholding a $5 tip?

This proves these chumps are not rich.

Rich people don't give that much effort to $5

Old 01-12-2013, 02:38 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,569 times
surely tipping should just be abolished, as it is merely a vestige of master and servant division?

The customer tips only to puff his ego, whilst the waitress grovels in order to earn her bowl of soup.

How about we all move forwards into the Democratic World!

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Because they pay a certain percentage of taxes on tips so when they don't get tipped or a low tip they pay for part of your meal.
what are you saying here?

that the taxes pay for your meal, the tip, - sorry, but that post is just not at all clear

Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is a 5 year cap on welfare, any person who is able to game that system is the exception to the rule, NOT the rule.

arguing about a so called "lifer" is like bringing up an argument about Li-Liger attacking someone. its an anomaly where as you are trying to make it seems like a majority or even a sizable minority are doing it and that just isnt true.

In what world is it easy to live on welfare ???????????????????????????????????????????

Not really sure why you asked that question considering the fact that my comment says people, so obviously i think wel fare recipients can pay their fair share with community service.

I have no clue how Public housing works around the country( i am not that informed), but in my town, anyone living in subsidized housing has mandatory community service, and the possible activities are listed and yes, all the things you named are on it(except janitors) .

I also should add that being on welfare(even full time) doesnt mean you dont work. There are areas with crappy jobs where you just dont make any money. funny how cons want everyone off of welfare but are unwilling to talk about paying a living wage.
We're willing to talk about paying a living wage, we're just not willing to do it. Since it's such a terrible idea, talk is as far as it should go. When you figure out where the money for this living wage is going to come from, and can guarantee it won't wreck the economy with unintended consequences - stagnant growth, unemployment, inflation, etc - then get back to us and we can move past the talking stage.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
surely tipping should just be abolished, as it is merely a vestige of master and servant division?

The customer tips only to puff his ego, whilst the waitress grovels in order to earn her bowl of soup.

How about we all move forwards into the Democratic World!
I usually tip for good service rendered,its got nothing to do with ego.
Earn her bowl of soup? My Mom was a waitress most of her life and worked her way up to some very high end restaurants where she'd bring home $100+ a night in tips.
Abolishing tips is a rather redundant endeavor as no one is forcing you to tip anyway.
Also not very compassionate of you to relegate these hard working service employees to no other option than minimum wage at best with out the tips...

Old 01-12-2013, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

In what world is it easy to live on welfare ???????????????????????????????????????????
apparently it's very easy in Germany to do this.

it's called 'Social Help' there - you can get Welfare and even turn down work.

I"m off! lol

Old 01-12-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I usually tip for good service rendered,its got nothing to do with ego.
Earn her bowl of soup? My Mom was a waitress most of her life and worked her way up to some very high end restaurants where she'd bring home $100+ a night in tips.
Abolishing tips is a rather redundant endeavor as no one is forcing you to tip anyway.
Also not very compassionate of you to relegate these hard working service employees to no other option than minimum wage at best with out the tips...
Firstly, tipping distorts the market - it allows the server to earn too much.(at the expense of other low paid workers)

Secondly, how about all those other min. wage jobs in which there are no tips?

Thirdly, how about all the workers that do not earn many tips due to being unattractive, not grovelling enough etc..?

Not very democratic.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Firstly, tipping distorts the market - it allows the server to earn too much.(at the expense of other low paid workers)

Secondly, how about all those other min. wage jobs in which there are no tips?

Thirdly, how about all the workers that do not earn many tips due to being unattractive, not grovelling enough etc..?

Not very democratic.
Get a job that does give tips then..its not about being democratic its about the freedom to choose the job you want to do.

Ken theres a theme that runs through many of your posts = the poor and less fortunate should be made to endure even greater hardship,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies