Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 01:53 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Yup. Money talks to money.
If you talk about it in public or to people without money it's just a sign that you have money concerns and thus not rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 01:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
So rich guys don't talk about their dough, they just pal up with you and you talk about their dough for them?
Got it! Always wondered how that worked.
Hey did you know that people who make 200K (single) or 250K (married) are millionaires and billionaires LOL.

Yet another democratic lie and spin on words.

Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Personally I can't remember the last time I had a bad waitress or waiter although I do remember one time where a girl was just a little on the slower side even though the restaurant was not busy.

99.9% of the time I went to work I gave 100% to my job. That was a personal rule understanding that the owner owed me nothing and that the owner trusted and hired me to do a job. But there was that .1% that I was feeling a little slow and that is what I wrote the waitress off to be someone who was operating in the .9% that day and I still tipped her well.

I have more respect for people who work hard and understand that they are not owed anything but have no respect for people who are able-bodied, mentally ok but refused to work and think they are owed.
I agree, usually service is pretty good, but I'm not about to pay someone for bad or mediocre service.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Democrats, and particularly people who voted for President Obama, were "warned" that some cheap bastard would use a tiny increase in state taxes as an excuse to stiff waitresses?

As we've said for many years, the Republicans are the party of "screw the workers!" Thanks for proving it again.
Jack, do you even think one step ahead, or do you just feel good about rich people paying more into an ever wasteful government?

People tend to raise their standard of living to their level of income.

If you are a family that earns $450,000 annually, your tax bill just increased by $13,500. That's on top of the increase resulting from the closure of certain "loop holes".

The people that work in wealthy areas are about to take a major hit to their paychecks.

Mostly the people who can least afford it.

YAY! Tax the rich!

Who screwed the "workers" again?

Old 01-11-2013, 02:03 PM

59,077 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And what do state taxes have to do with Obama?
Besides absolutely nothing, I mean.

I guess you missed the numerous links where restaurants are exempt from the minimum wage rules.
They do not have to pay minimum wage; and they usually don't.

Yes, I'm advocating that employers take on greater costs.
Why not?
I'm expected to pay for my meal and another 15-20% for the cost of that meal.
It's false advertising.
Throughout the rest of the world, it seems that restaurant owners pay a liveable wage and tipping is not "required."
I don't see what the issue is in the US, except for owners to make more money on the backs of their employees.
"And what do state taxes have to do with Obama?
Besides absolutely nothing, I mean."

Actually they do. Many federal programs the state are engaged in cost the states money. If they can't afford them, they raise their taxes to cover the fed requirements.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Jack, do you even think one step ahead, or do you just feel good about rich people paying more into an ever wasteful government?

People tend to raise their standard of living to their level of income.

If you are a family that earns $450,000 annually, your tax bill just increased by $13,500. That's on top of the increase resulting from the closure of certain "loop holes".

The people that work in wealthy areas are about to take a major hit to their paychecks.

Mostly the people who can least afford it.

YAY! Tax the rich!

Who screwed the "workers" again?

That $13,500 higher tax is in addition to the high taxes they already pay with the progressive tax code. I wonder if Obama supporters even know what we a progressive tax code is. And lets not forget the Alternative Minimum Tax they have to pay on top of that.

"Pay their fair share", is yet another democratic lie and spin on words. Think about it, there are people who are perfectly capable of working but they suck off other hardworking Americans. They can work but don't pay a dime instead they are paid for their very existence. Why are they not working and paying their fair share.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:09 PM

So with just a quick calculation (guestimate) people making $450K pay about 120K - 140K in federal income taxes give or take and now have to tack on another $13K. And Obama says they are not paying their fair share. Then there are all the other taxes to pay. They get nothing free unlike the freeloaders. They pay for everything, housing, heating, food, kids education, insurance. Not a dime of freebies.

They don't have printing presses like Obama and that extra $13,500 has to come from somewhere.

And people on welfare make around 50K when its all said and done for just rolling over in bed.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:14 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,908,614 times
That's a tax rate of ~20% or less than most normal people pay percentage wise.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
That's a tax rate of ~20% or less than most normal people pay percentage wise.
And people on welfare make around 50K when its all said and done for just rolling over in bed.

Welfare leaches pay 0% federal income taxes. And you call that fair? There is something wrong with your math and sense of fairness.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
So rich guys don't talk about their dough, they just pal up with you and you talk about their dough for them?
Got it! Always wondered how that worked.
I'm polite. I have good manners. I don't discuss personal finances with people. Theirs, or mine, nor am i interested in doing so. Only idiots do that.

And actual wealthy people DAMN SURE don't discuss their wealth on CD with peons like you and I.

Again, no one here is rich. That's all there is to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies