Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,841,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Ken theres a theme that runs through many of your posts = the poor and less fortunate should be made to endure even greater hardship,
not at all, quite the opposite in fact.

here, I am standing up for the worker at the lowest rung of society.

this is the guy that probably gets no tips at all, perhaps he is the 'grunt' that only gets the tuesday afternoon shift, or is shoved into the kitchen to wash the dishes. Perhaps he is an agency worker or elderly, or can only get PT hours.

you see, the money gets sucked up by the good looking girls, the slick young dudes and the like - which is good for them.

but this puts the rest out onto the scrapheap.

It's a kind of Hitleresque form of social engineering, in microcosm!

it's quite clear to see, is it only me that can view the whole picture here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Strange logic that i dont understand Ken but i guess if it makes sense to you thats all that matters..

Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm polite. I have good manners. I don't discuss personal finances with people. Theirs, or mine, nor am i interested in doing so. Only idiots do that.

And actual wealthy people DAMN SURE don't discuss their wealth on CD with peons like you and I.

Again, no one here is rich. That's all there is to it.
But yet, you want to take their money.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 AM

23,174 posts, read 26,211,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
you see, the money gets sucked up by the good looking girls, the slick young dudes and the like - which is good for them.

but this puts the rest out onto the scrapheap.

It's a kind of Hitleresque form of social engineering, in microcosm!

it's quite clear to see, is it only me that can view the whole picture here?
I suppose people that think like you do and tip according to looks might see things as 'clearly' as you do.
People more interested in good,prompt and proper service tip according to that.
No amount of good looks are going to make up for waiting 20 minutes to get your drink refilled or wiping the splatter of a sneeze out of your soup.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:04 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Saw this in my local paper:

Inside Scoop SF » Customer makes a political point with his lack of tip at Cupola

He said he didn't leave a bigger tip because he no longer has enough discretionary income to eat out.

But he did find a way to spend $37 on lunch for two at a fancy oops pizza place. But couldn't afford $8 for a 20% tip?

What a loser. If you can't "afford" a proper tip go to McDonalds.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Quote from article...."So while everyone will pay a little more, if this customer actually will be paying more state income tax, he must be in the upper 3 percent. He’s making his own political statement on the wallet of someone else."

When you, as a voter not effected by an increase in income tax vote for higher taxes for others, YOU are effecting someone elses wallet. There are consequences.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:28 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,180,483 times
20 percent? that is a bit too high..especially if the server does not do much..I don't tip much anymore...never liked the idea of it....

Old 01-12-2013, 05:38 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Very wealthy people don't live on the internet the way you do. If they do, they are dumb asses. 11,000 posts in 3 years??

What's the point of having millions if you are going to spend all your time on the net?? A poor guy can do that. Hell, you could be in jail and you wouldn't notice the difference.
Don't you know? Everyone on City-Data is a multi-millionaire living in a mansion, with a garage full of high end sports car, a Playmate trophy wife, and a black belt in one or more martial arts. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the minimum 12" unit they're not compensating for by posting about their riches online to anonymous strangers.

Well, that's enough for me. Back to the country club to go hobnob with the various elites...

Old 01-12-2013, 05:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Wink Idiot doesn't leave a tip; blames Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Saw this in my local paper:

Inside Scoop SF » Customer makes a political point with his lack of tip at Cupola

He said he didn't leave a bigger tip because he no longer has enough discretionary income to eat out.

But he did find a way to spend $37 on lunch for two at a fancy oops pizza place. But couldn't afford $8 for a 20% tip?

What a loser. If you can't "afford" a proper tip go to McDonalds.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

So now it's Obama's fault this jerk is a cheapskate?

Riiight...

Just like it's the camera's fault that Mitch Mc Connell looks like a turtle.

I report. You decide.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
We're willing to talk about paying a living wage, we're just not willing to do it. Since it's such a terrible idea, talk is as far as it should go. When you figure out where the money for this living wage is going to come from, and can guarantee it won't wreck the economy with unintended consequences - stagnant growth, unemployment, inflation, etc - then get back to us and we can move past the talking stage.
companies that pay higher wages have better, more healthy, more productive employees. This isnt an opinion, its fact. companies like Costco have proven it. As it has already been stated, Republicans want people off welfare but offer no solution to it. If you honestly think that paying a living wage( which better companies already do) would wreck the economy, then it is on you to prove us wrong, not the other way around. When Minimum wage went further Americans did better, and revenue for the corporations were far less then. Arguing that paying a living wage would possibly "wreck" the economy is arguing against what actually built this nation.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
apparently it's very easy in Germany to do this.

it's called 'Social Help' there - you can get Welfare and even turn down work.

I"m off! lol
we are talking about the American system, i know you're trolling, but lets stay on subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies