Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gun owners, would your register your firearms with the government?
I would never register my firearms regardless of a new law 91 71.09%
Of coarse I would register my firearms under a new law 26 20.31%
I'm not sure what I would do... 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 02:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well since my name, my social security number, and the serial number of my weapon are all listed on the 4473 that I filled out when I bought it and that 4473 is required to be kept for 20 years by the dealer I deem this to be a non-issue.

out of all my firearms, only 1 runger mkII has a 4473 attached to it. if a confiscation starts going out, you will find that alot of dealers will shred or burn their copies of documents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well since my name, my social security number, and the serial number of my weapon are all listed on the 4473 that I filled out when I bought it and that 4473 is required to be kept for 20 years by the dealer I deem this to be a non-issue.
If you feel that way, that it is a non-issue, why do you support it?

According to what you are saying, no further action is needed, right?

Old 01-19-2013, 03:10 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I think most sane I'm not plotting to have a war with the federal government gun owners will follow the law.

The minute you suggest that you won't follow the law that makes you a criminal who shouldn't own any guns.

I hope gun nuts keep showing us how much they don't value the law of the land.
I am not plotting any war with the govt, but if i did I have the RIGHT. That is why there is the 2nd. period.

If for example a president should declare himself/herself supreme dictator, 'We the People' would have every Right to take back the form of Govt we had before.

Having a right to guns means we don't need to request permission which you don't do for Rights.

I have never asked for permission to buy a gun and i never will.

I did suffer infringement asking permission to carry a gun for self defense. If that cost should increase or the law change I will just stop requesting and paying the fee.

Us gun nits as you put it value Freedom more than the land and we tend to value out rights more than you sheep.. That's too bad.

One day you sheep will have traded your liberty for cheap security, well i guess you already have, and are at the point of finding out the Govt won't give you either.

Make bigger Gun Free Zone signs and see how that works

Make me a criminal over a illegal gun registry, and you may find out how that works too.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Registration is required by local law. As a gun owner and hunter I follow the law.

Anyone who speculates about 'confiscation' or disarming of gun owners is paranoid, IMHO.
Where is local NY? If so it is for hand guns and pistols only. Again if this is NY you people should have said Hell No when you had the chance..

There is no gun registry in NH USA period, and if ever there is, it just too bad... I won't play that game.

But of course screwing over the law abiding always pis sses off criminals..

NY Mass, NJ and other eastern sea board states should have been given to commie red china long ago..

Old 01-19-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hmmmmm, I wonder if I could classify my truck as a weapon to defend myself? MY right to bare arms, you know. It is my tank.

It is unconstitutional to tax me for owning a weapon to defend myself with. How many times has a vehicle, been used as a weapon?
It's bear an arm...... Not bare an arm

We should tax people who refuse to own a gun. and, err AND we should have almost all males and females between ages 18 and 46 at sometime serve the nation, in a Universal Service and Training Act of some sort.

To many people just get a universal EBC card.... and do exactly nothing for it. But you knew that already

I bet is we enforced that LAW which was passed i think in 2001 a lot of illegals would leave and so would am lot of criminal types too.

The Feds are just too chicken to enforce that law.

Old 01-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And here is a good reason not to register.

Suppose you register your weapon. It is stolen and you report it. It is used to kill someone.

You know that some lawyer is going to come after the original owner to pay the penalty for this action.

It is already happening. Aurora, Co movie theater being sued for the acts of someone entering it.

The attempt to sue the Sandy Hook school for some nut going into it and killing.

Fix the legal system, state and federal government and the court system and then we can intelligently discuss gun control.
If a weapon used in a crime is found, it can and will be traced to the first retail buyer. This is a good reason no registry needs take place in the very first place.

What lawyers will do is what ever lawyers will do.. pretty much anything for a buck.

A gun owner that suffers a gun theft had better report it ASAP.

Tracing one weapon from a crime to the makers, middleman, dealer, first retail buyer happens every day..

Having a registry where any low level public servant or news paper schlock can have public info is NOT ok.

Hell the BATFE is guilty as it is of gun running to Mexican Drug Cartels, where a LEO only pistol was found at the scene of a murder. Number 2 man in BATFE for the state of Az.

The Govt itself is acting in a illegal manner. But we all know that to...

Old 01-19-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Of course they are going to say they wouldn't in this poll. But wait until they prepare to go hunting and find out that it's a federal offense to possess an unregistered gun and the Game Warden is out checking that along with licenses.......and if you are caught with an unregistered firearm that is probable cause to search your home for more. They'll register them.
And Oh Great Pumbah just what year will this registry take place?

There is no registry.... except for in a few dinkweed red commie states for hand guns only....

You go see if you can change that law.

While i you do i will be seeking to get all Gays and lessies registered too, and everyone else with HIV or AIDs.

Just try.....

Old 01-19-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I would rather see ALL anti gunners put signs in their yards stating there ARE NO GUNS INSIDE.

AFTER ALL, IT IS they WHO started the conversations about guns.
I think that should be a Federal Requirement. That way we could put their pictures, names and phone numbers on a map

Old 01-19-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I will define it as more than just a gun.

I will define it as what ever it takes.
A poke in the eye?
A fist to the face?
A knife across the throat?
a 1911 at 10 yards?
a 30-06 at 300 yards?
A tank?
A howitzer?
The last 2 items are not arms......

In the 18th century a arm was considered to be swords, pikes, halberds, knives, dirks, hand guns and long guns.

Howitzers existed, and were considered artillery.. We have no right to artillery, and tanks would have been considered self propelled artillery... No can have...

Armed vessels were common, and the Govt's of the time issued letters of mark. That was a privilege.

No Bombs count either......

I am not saying you can't have some of these items as you can, but by privilege, not a Right.

Because of Govt tyranny, and man's right to survive we were not given RIGHTS by the Govt, but the Creator.

Now I know none of these loony left believe in a creator, but they don't have to. They can't take that Right either.

Many of you appear to need a refresher.

Declaration of Independence

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - We the People

Some of you appear to have never known....

No one in Govt has any Right to ask permission to gain a registry to a Right.... The Govt did NOT give us any Rights, therefore the Govt can not take them away....

In the case of a felon.... well, the Govt should never release them..... I blame the weeping bleeding hearts, who appear to consider violent offenders to be a part of catch and release programs.

I promise to shoot every last one that threatens me at my door. I just want them stopped. If they live or die is none of my bee's wax.

Also if you are caught making threats here and get shot, I am under no obligation what so ever to make your plight known to another soul.

Last night would have been a very poor night since it was well below 0.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So, then, when the Constitution was drafted and the Bill of Rights added, it was decided that you could own a tank or a howitzer?

Over the years there have been many things that were legal, then redefined by laws. Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, marriage to 12-year-olds, dynamite, brass knuckles, switchblade knives, whiskey, "assault weapons with high-cap mags", mail-order rifles and ammunition, etcetera and so on.

What we need is a legal definition of "arms". That is why the Constitution was drawn with ambiguity built in - so that there can be tests in court as new situations arise.
There are many states where you can have a automatic knife..... NC for sure and NH too. NH doesn't care how many rounds there are in a magazine either..

A lot of that law as you put it is probably only some little ******* town ordinance, like one county or town being dry while the next isn't.

Mail order rifles were common when i was a kid... That was step 1 in your grabber bans..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies