Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM

734 posts, read 933,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
So basically, nothing in my post was addressed. That's alright, it's understandable. LOL...good job there.
Quote:
Interesting that you removed South America from your list. I thought you said that Africans and Caribbeans have no sphere of influence in Europe, Asia or South America. But you so quickly removed South America from the list...

Actually, Trinidad is not a huge tourist destination and doesn't have beaches as nice as many other islands. It is, however, a significant producer of oil and natural gas.

"Trinidad has emerged as the Western Hemisphere's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas. It has stealthily outpaced rivals, this year accounting for nearly 80 percent of shipments to the United States, up from virtually nothing five years ago."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/13/bu...3gas.html?_r=0

Thr Summit of the Americas is for the Americas. Why are you asking what role Africa would play in it? Africa is not part of the Americas.

Anyway, in terms of other business, law or politics, these nations are not seeking to dominate anyone, at least Caribbean nations. They involve themselves when and where necessary. However, as small nations which are generally at peace with the world around them, their level of involvement will certainly differ from many other nations.

Regarding Europe, you avoided the questions. What percentage are the populations in each of these places and how long have they been there?
I answered your question, but again, it flew over your head. I'll be more specific this time, so that it's easier for you to comprehend. I stated that Africans and Caribs hold virtually little to no positions of authority in business and politics in Europe, Asia and South America.

You mentioned that the Summit of the Americas was held in Trinidad. I further went on to state that this was of no relevance, because it was simply a destination site for Carib and South American leaders to become acquainted with the policies and agenda set forth by President Obama's economic administration.

In reference to Trinidad and Tobago, the people who hold the top political and business positions are unfortunately not black.

Quote:
The distribution of wealth has always been uneven in Trinidad and Tobago. Although there is a large middle class, there are also extremes of wealth and poverty. The wealthy minority is made up of those with interests in private-sector manufacturing and, it is widely rumored, with good contacts in politics and the state corporations. There is a small elite descended from the traditional plantation owners, often light-skinned and educated abroad...
Read more: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...#ixzz2Lgsfj77N

Also, asking how long Africans and Caribs have been in Europe is irrelevant, since you (and a few others) already pointed out that first generation Africans and Caribs (as a group), often succeed in the States. Why then are you asking about their relative time in Europe? You don't seem to understand that Africans and Caribs are able to succeed in the U.S., because of the ground work that was already laid by African Americans. As I have already pointed out, no such foundation was laid in Europe, Asia or South America by black people; therefore, it is much more difficult for African and Carib immigrants to succeed in those locations. What part of this don't you understand?

Seriously, this is becoming rather tiring.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 02-22-2013 at 08:47 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 08:45 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I answered your question, but again, it flew over your head. I'll be more specific this time, so that it's easier for your to comprehend. I stated that Africans and Caribs hold virtually little to no positions of authority in business and politics in Europe, Asia and South America.

You mentioned that the Summit of the Americas was held in Trinidad. I further went on to state that this was of no relevance, because it was simply a destination site for Carib and South American leaders to become acquainted with the policies and agenda set forth by President Obama's economic administration.

In reference to Trinidad and Tobago, the people who hold the top political and business positions are unfortunately not black.

Read more: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...#ixzz2Lgsfj77N
Why are you avoiding the questions posed to you? What percentage are the populations of Africans & Caribbeans in each of these places and how long have they been there? There is no need to run from the questions.

Actually, you went on about beaches and other nonsense, while I posted the following:

Actually, Trinidad is not a huge tourist destination and doesn't have beaches as nice as many other islands. It is, however, a significant producer of oil and natural gas.

"Trinidad has emerged as the Western Hemisphere's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas. It has stealthily outpaced rivals, this year accounting for nearly 80 percent of shipments to the United States, up from virtually nothing five years ago."

In terms of who is in political power, the African population has largely dominated and now there is back and forth between the Africans and East Indians. That is rightfully so because both are virtually equal in population in T&T. Did you look up the last Prime Minister? African. In fact, for a long time, it was an issue that Indians were underrepresented in many areas of T&T. Thankfully, now they have risen and continue to do well. Yes, there is a small lighter elite, like many other places (saw your edit). But you made sure not to bold the large middle class. It's ok though...

Lastly, it's quite sad that you are so insecure as to put so much effort into attempting to drag down the accomplishments of other peoples/nations. You are the same as the others here constantly attempting to bash African-Americans. It apparently makes you so angry that there are many young Caribbean & African nations for whom the future is in many ways looking brighter.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-22-2013 at 08:53 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Why are you avoiding the questions posed to you? What percentage are the populations of Africans & Caribbeans in each of these places and how long have they been there? There is no need to run from the questions.
Refer to my statements in the previous posting.

I stated the following:
Quote:
Also, asking how long Africans and Caribs have been in Europe is irrelevant, since you (and a few others) already pointed out that first generation Africans and Caribs (as a group), often succeed in the States. Why then are you asking about their relative time in Europe? You don't seem to understand that Africans and Caribs are able to succeed in the U.S., because of the ground work that was already laid by African Americans. As I have already pointed out, no such foundation was laid in Europe, Asia or South America by black people; therefore, it is much more difficult for African and Carib immigrants to succeed in those locations. What part of this don't you understand?

Seriously, this is becoming rather tiring.
Quote:
Carib Doll: Actually, you went on about beaches and other nonsense, while I posted the following:

Trinidad has a sizable tourist attraction, which provides the bulk of employment, since much of the money from its natural gas resources are primarily in the hands of the elite...

Also, irrespective of Trinidad's "other industries," the bulk of people visit the location primarily for the carnival experience and great weather: Trinidad and Tobago Vacation | USA Today Trinidad and Tobago - The True Caribbean - Official Travel and Tourism Site

Quote:
Carib Doll: In terms of who is in political power, the African population has largely dominated and now there is back and forth between the Africans and East Indians. That is rightfully so because both are virtually equal in population in T&T. Did you look up the last Prime Minister? African.
My original statements were about the relative lack of power and position that African and Carib immigrants have in Europe, Asia and South America. I'm not sure why you even mentioned Trinidad to be quite honest.

Quote:
Carib Doll: Lastly, it's quite sad that you are so insecure as to put so much effort into attempting to drag down the accomplishments of other peoples/nations. You are the same as the others here constantly attempting to bash African-Americans. It apparently makes you so angry that there are many young Caribbean & African nations for whom the future is in many ways looking brighter.
There is absolutely nothing for me to be insecure about. I am not attempting to bash the accomplishments of Africans and/or Caribs. I'm simply pointing out the sad reality that Africans and Caribs have relatively little to no positions of authority or influence in politics and business throughout Europe, Asia and South America.

I'll be the first one at the table to discuss the pathologies of low, middle and upper income white, black, Asian and Hispanic Americans. And for the record, I'll also be the first one at the table to discuss the pathologies of similarly situated, Europeans, Africans and Caribs. I understand that the truth hurts; but it shall also set you free from your delusions of grandeur.

Goodbye, Adios, Ciao, 你好 nǐ hǎo, Au revoir, Salut, Wa Salaam. I think you get the picture.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 02-22-2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Refer to my statements in the previous posting.

I stated the following:

Trinidad has a sizable tourist attraction, which provides the bulk of employment, since much of the money from its natural gas resources are primarily in the hands of the elite...

Also, irrespective of Trinidad's "other industries," the bulk of people visit the location primarily for the carnival experience and great weather: Trinidad and Tobago Vacation | USA Today Trinidad and Tobago - The True Caribbean - Official Travel and Tourism Site

My original statements were about the relative lack of power and position that African and Carib immigrants have in Europe, Asia and South America. I'm not sure why you even mentioned Trinidad to be quite honest.

There is absolutely nothing for me to be insecure about. I am not attempting to bash the accomplishments of Africans and/or Caribs. I'm simply pointing out the sad reality that Africans and Caribs have relatively little to no positions of authority or influence in politics and business throughout Europe, Asia and South America.

I'll be the first one at the table to discuss the pathologies of low income white, black and Hispanic Americans. And for the record, I'll also be the first one at the table to discuss the pathologies of similarly situated, Europeans, Africans and Caribs. I understand that the truth hurts; but it shall also set you free from your delusions of grandeur.

Goodbye, Adios, Ciao, 你好 nǐ hǎo, Au revoir, Salut, Wa Salaam. I think you get the picture.

LOL...Only around 10% of the GDP in T&T come from tourism and it equates to less than 15% of the jobs. Over 85% of employment comes from elsewhere. Trinidad was mentioned as being quite active in terms of business. http://www.eturbonews.com/12697/wttc...rism-trinidad-

Whether you like it or not, Africans & Caribbean people have their own nations within which to hold authority in politics and business. Nothing is hurtful about that. Unfortunately, you seem to have some personal issues with Africans & Caribbean people that you need to get out..and you're trying so very hard. Hope you feel better.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
LOL...Only around 10% of the GDP in T&T come from tourism and it equates to less than 15% of the jobs. Over 85% of employment comes from elsewhere. Trinidad was mentioned as being quite active in terms of business. World Travel & Tourism Council WTTC confirms increasing importance of travel and tourism to ...

Whether you like it or not, Africans & Caribbean people have their own nations within which to hold authority in politics and business. Nothing is hurtful about that. Unfortunately, you seem to have some personal issues with Africans & Caribbean people that you need to get out. Hope you feel betteri.
I want all people to succeed (irrespective of race and national origin), but it's important to point out the facts, so true progression can begin to occur.

It's interesting that certain African and Carib immigrants seem to have no problems discussing "African American pathologies," but for some reason, they become mum, when one brings up their own relative lack of progress and success (as a group) in their own native countries and throughout the world.

Pot Meet Kettle.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I want all people to succeed (irrespective of race and national origin), but it's important to point out the facts, so true progression can begin to occur.

It's interesting that certain African and Carib immigrants seem to have no problems discussing "African American pathologies," but for some reason, they become mum, when one brings up their own relative lack of progress and success (as a group) in their own native countries and throughout the world.

Pot Meet Kettle.
Stay there and hold your pot and kettle. Unlike you and others, I have been fair and respectful in this thread overall. You have jumped on the low-life bandwagon and gone wild. Apparently, it is quite difficult for you to "give jack his jacket," due to your own personal insecurities. You run from facts and refuse to see anything positive. I actually find that many Caribbean and African nations are doing decent, despite many challenges. As young nations, a number are increasingly successful. Others have a long way to go. But to see any other group moving in a positive direction bothers you...sad.

ETA: Funny, I am not African, but I had no problem giving Africans credit for their accomplishments in the U.S. It's called being secure with yourself.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Stay there and hold your pot and kettle. Unlike you and others, I have been fair and respectful in this thread overall. You have jumped on the low-life bandwagon and gone wild. Apparently, it is quite difficult for you to "give jack his jacket," due to your own personal insecurities. You run from facts and refuse to see anything positive. I actually find that many Caribbean nations and African nations are doing well, despite many challenges. As young nations, a number are increasingly successful. Others have a long way to go. But to see any other group moving in a positive direction bothers you...sad.
You are mistaken. Truthfully, I'd love nothing more than to see the manifestation of a thriving and highly successful African continent (and likewise for the Caribbean).

But it's rather strange that you love "... giving Africans their credit in the U.S." w/out acknowledging that such success wouldn't be possible without all of the sacrifices and contributions from black Americans.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 02-22-2013 at 10:28 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
You are mistaken. Truthfully, I'd love nothing more than to see the manifestation of a thriving and highly successful African continent (and likewise for the Caribbean).
My previous post stands...and is evidenced by your ignorance in this thread. Positives mentioned, and you choose to spew negativity.

Quote:
It's rather strange that you love "... giving Africans their credit in the U.S." w/out acknowledging that such success wouldn't be possible without all of the sacrifices and contributions from black Americans.
Really? Apparently, you didn't read the thread. It says much about you that you preferred to make assumptions based on my ethnicity. See below:

Quote:
Perhaps but you have to admire many African-Americans. With such a long history of abuse in this nation, they are still by and large pulling through. At the end of the day, plenty Africans can pack up and go home...African-Americans couldn't and still can't do that.

Even me as a first-generation American, if stuff really hits the fan, I can always say...chao! LOL.
Quote:
What is your issue? Why do you harbor so much venom for African-Americans? Our people can stand to work on the areas of maintaining culture and academic achievement.
Quote:
True...and for other non-white immigrants as well. Not that there weren't significant contributions from other groups, but African-Americans were the ones more than anyone else who broke down the barriers and opened the doors.
Unlike you, I can give credit to other ethnic groups for their successes. Again, it's called being secure in yourself. But clearly, as stated earlier, to see any other group moving in a positive direction bothers you, thus your negativity toward Africans & Caribbeans...sad.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-22-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
My previous post stands...and is evidenced by your ignorance in this thread. Positives mentioned, and you choose to spew negativity.
African Americans are the wealthiest blacks in the world; therefore, many of us are doing more than simply "surviving," in the U.S. Wealthy black Americans, such as Oprah Winfrey have spent millions of dollars, opening schools to educate African girls, who are mired in poverty.

And truth be told, there are countless other wealthy and prosperous black Americans who have supported (and continue to support) African related causes, without requiring anything in return.

Quote:
Unlike you, I can give credit to other ethnic groups for their successes. Again, it's called being secure in yourself. But clearly, as stated earlier, to see any other group moving in a positive direction bothers you, thus your negativity toward Africans & Caribbeans...sad.
In truth, I feel a great level of sympathy for my African and Caribbean brethren, because far too many experience gross levels of poverty, disease and overall injustice, similarly to certain African Americans. Again, I long for the day when prosperity and unity become the norm.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 02-23-2013 at 12:10 AM..

Old 02-22-2013, 11:31 PM

665 posts, read 1,244,112 times
African Americans doing just fine in America, people dont realize that 75% of African Americans,
do not live in the inner city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies