Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2013, 07:15 PM

734 posts, read 933,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Question, what percentage are the populations in each of these places and how long have they been there?

Additionally, where was the 5th Summit of the Americas held?
The African and Carib populations do not have any sphere of influence in Europe or Asia. This is evident, because there are virtually no Africans or Caribs that hold prominent positions in business, politics or law. I'm sorry, but this is factual, I wish it wasn't so, but this is the case. I don't believe that this will change any time soon, because most of the Africans and Caribs in Europe do not really view themselves as a collective group.

Also, I don't see any relevance in the 5th Summit of the Americas being held in Trinidad. Who wouldn't want to hold a summit there? The weather and beaches are absolutely beautiful.

The real question is, what role did Africans and Caribs play in the Summit? Based on my understanding, the summit's main purpose was to introduce Carib and Latin American "leaders" to the policies and agenda set forth by President Barack Obama's administration.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
My ancestors were in America, since its inception.

For the record, my future children will have a world view because I will ensure that they are well traveled, but at the end of the day, they will understand first and foremost that their home nation is America.
That's great...it's wonderful that you have a long history in the U.S. and I respect how you will raise your children. For mine, assuming they are born here, I would like them to be grateful for and appreciate the land of their birth and also the nations of their grandparents. It would also be ideal for them to touch down on the many continents where their roots lie. And if their lives take them somewhere else, like those before them, they should feel free to live where they choose in the world.

Different perspectives are not necessarily negative and what you feel is best for you, may not be best for someone else. Having ties to different places in the world doesn't mean that you don't care about the nation in which you live. Plenty people who do fight and give their lives for the nation in which we both live.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
That's great...it's wonderful that you have a long history in the U.S. and I respect how you will raise your children. For mine, assuming they are born here, I would like them to be grateful for and appreciate the land of their birth and also the nations of their grandparents. It would also be ideal for them to touch down on the many continents where their roots lie. And if their lives take them somewhere else, like those before them, they should feel free to live where they choose in the world.

Different perspectives are not necessarily negative and what you feel is best for you, may not be best for someone else. Having ties to different places in the world doesn't mean that you don't care about the nation in which you live. Plenty people who do fight and give their lives for the nation in which we both live.

I think it would be wonderful if your children were born in the Carib, and/or the other places that your ancestry is from. I'm sure they will have the opportunity to travel the world.

Something however tells me that you will ensure that your children have American citizenship, first and foremost. I wonder why....

Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
The African and Carib populations do not have any sphere of influence in Europe or Asia. This is evident, because there are virtually no Africans or Caribs that hold prominent positions in business, politics or law. I'm sorry, but this is factual, I wish it wasn't so, but this is the case. I don't believe that this will change any time soon, because most of the Africans and Caribs in Europe do not really view themselves as a collective group.

Also, I don't see any relevance in the 5th Summit of the Americas being held in Trinidad. Who wouldn't want to hold a summit there? The weather and beaches are absolutely beautiful.

The real question is, what role did Africans and Caribs play in the Summit? Based on my understanding, the summit's main purpose was to introduce Carib and Latin American "leaders" to the policies and agenda set forth by President Barack Obama's administration.
Interesting that you removed South America from your list. I thought you said that Africans and Caribbeans have no sphere of influence in Europe, Asia or South America. But you so quickly removed South America from the list...

Actually, Trinidad is not a huge tourist destination and doesn't have beaches as nice as many other islands. It is, however, a significant producer of oil and natural gas.

"Trinidad has emerged as the Western Hemisphere's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas. It has stealthily outpaced rivals, this year accounting for nearly 80 percent of shipments to the United States, up from virtually nothing five years ago."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/13/bu...3gas.html?_r=0

Thr Summit of the Americas is for the Americas. Why are you asking what role Africa would play in it? Africa is not part of the Americas.

Anyway, in terms of other business, law or politics, these nations are not seeking to dominate anyone, at least Caribbean nations. They involve themselves when and where necessary. However, as small nations which are generally at peace with the world around them, their level of involvement will certainly differ from many other nations.

Regarding Europe, you avoided the questions. What percentage are the populations in each of these places and how long have they been there?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
I think it would be wonderful if your children were born in the Carib, and/or the other places that your ancestry is from. I'm sure they will have the opportunity to travel the world.

Something however tells me that you will ensure that your children have American citizenship, first and foremost. I wonder why....
The more options for my children in life, the better. Why shouldn't they have U.S. citizenship? It's a wonderful nation with plenty opportunity. But do they have to remain? No and I would never make them feel they were wrong for moving elsewhere. If people in our family felt that way, we would not be here. God gave people a world to live in, not just one small portion of it.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Interesting that you removed South America from your list. I thought you said that Africans and Caribbeans have no sphere of influence in Europe, Asia or South America. But you so quickly removed South America from the list...

Actually, Trinidad is not a huge tourist destination and doesn't have beaches as nice as many other islands. It is, however, a significant producer of oil and natural gas.

"Trinidad has emerged as the Western Hemisphere's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas. It has stealthily outpaced rivals, this year accounting for nearly 80 percent of shipments to the United States, up from virtually nothing five years ago."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/13/bu...3gas.html?_r=0

Thr Summit of the Americas is for the Americas. Why are you asking what role Africa would play in it? Africa is not part of the Americas.

Anyway, in terms of other business, law or politics, these nations are not seeking to dominate anyone, at least Caribbean nations. They involve themselves when and where necessary. However, as small nations which are generally at peace with the world around them, their level of involvement will certainly differ from many other nations.

Regarding Europe, you avoided the questions. What percentage are the populations in each of these places and how long have they been there?
In all honesty, Africans and black Caribs have no real power or presence in South America either. Most of the money and power is held by a small group of elite rich Jews whose parents and/or grandparents relocated to that region. Also, there's a few rich people of Asian and mixed ancestry who have managed to occupy high level positions in government and business, but unfortunately, relatively few blacks occupy such positions.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
In all honesty, Africans and black Caribs have no real power or presence in South America either. Most of the money and power is held by a small group of elite rich Jews whose parents and/or grandparents relocated to that region. Also, there's a few rich people of Asian and mixed ancestry who have managed to occupy high level positions in government and business in South America.
So basically, nothing in my post was addressed. That's alright, it's understandable. LOL...good job there.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Too often, black Americans are put into a box and aren't able to express a story of individuality.

Imagine these characters being black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EZQvSCGaJI

Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
The more options for my children in life, the better. Why shouldn't they have U.S. citizenship? It's a wonderful nation with plenty opportunity. But do they have to remain? No and I would never make them feel they were wrong for moving elsewhere. If people in our family felt that way, we would not be here. God gave people a world to live in, not just one small portion of it.
Well, unfortunately you missed my point. The question was rhetorical and tinged with a bit of sarcasm.

Anyhow, as I've already pointed, I'm well travelled and believe whole heartedly that everyone (who is capable) should get a passport and visit and/or live in as many nations as possible to get a sense of our global society. After all, the world is so much bigger than any particular nation.

I simply pointed out that after my travels are done, I yearn to return to my home, just as you yearn to return to yours.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:28 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
HAHA! Black Americans VS The World. Round 50,896.
It seems that way does'nt it? Everytime that there is a discussion on Black America it is always either negative or we are being compared to Asians (model minority) or Blacks from other countries
You rarely hear about the upper middle class blacks, it is like they don't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies