Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 04:41 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Oh don't give me that crap. You "whitewashed" mulattoes are black on Monday, white on Tuesday and bi-racial on Wednesday. You're whatever you need to be when it's convenient.
No, I am of African and European origin all days of the week.

Quote:
Besides, you would never refer to yourself as a mulatto if you knew the origins of the term.
The term originally came from muwallad, which is Arabic for "brought up around". It was used to define half Arabs that were raised by Arab Muslims when Spain was under Muslim rule. That word, along with other Arab loan words, was passed onto Spanish after the Muslims were kicked out.

Quote:
Hah! The majority of Black Americans are middle class. The average Black American is doing well.

And even in the middle class, the desire to "keep it real" holds blacks behind a lot more than racism does.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Again, the above is not black culture, it's actually more or less a culture of ignorance.

Those who are in the know, realize it for what it is, and tune them out. I however imagine that it's hard to tune these ignorant people out, when you reside in the ghetto, because those type of people are your neighbors.

I also realize that since these are the people that you encounter on a regular basis, you have no knowledge of bona fide black families and culture.
No, that is the majority of black America. They are either ghetto themselves or ghetto emulaters. Go to any majority black community in America and you will most likely see the same culture. A few scattered affluent black communities don't count. Also, that "old guard" of blacks are just that: OLD. Their younger generation are all about "keeping it real."

It amazes me how much people who insist they want to help black America refuse to admit the problem of black America is its culture. Pig feet were NOT intended for human consumption and "baby's mamma" and "baby's fatha" are NOT acceptable substitutes of "husband and wife".

Why not look at the real problem hurting black America:
Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News

And yet pointing out these problems and the little bitty detail that it ISN'T WHITE MEN KNOCKING UP BLACK WOMEN AND LEAVING THEM is deemed "racist", even when the person pointing it out is also of African descent

African immigrants look at black Americans and ask the same question: why do they exalt the worst their culture has to provide? Why worship the "thug" and "pimp" image as the authentic black? But I know, I know, preferring Patrice Lumumba over Master P makes me a "self hating tragic mulatto"

And I'm not the only one saying it:

The Boondocks - Martin Luther King watching modern TV - YouTube

But I forgot: The Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder is also "a self hating black"

Old 02-23-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I think a lot of the racism that we're seeing on these threads is due to our having a president who is black.

Obama's worthless, corporate owned and operated right-wing necon butt is even less black than I am. At least I actually had ancestors who came to America in chains. Instead of having West African ancestors who came to America on a slave ship, Obozzo had an African sperm donor who flew to Hawaii in first class. He ended up raised by white parents in a town with few blacks, and yet he grew up to hate his European heritage:

"As I imagined myself following Malcolm X’s call, one line in his book stayed me. He spoke of his wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged. I knew that, for Malcolm, that wish would never be incidental. I knew as well that traveling down the road to self-respect my own white blood would never recede into mere abstraction. I was left to wonder what else I would be severing if and when I left my mother at some uncharted border."
Source: Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p. 80 Aug 1, 1996

Words of Barack Obama from "Dreams of my Father" « Ivory Dome

That piece of filth is a self hating moron. He never even admits he's mixed and instead falls back on the black card and hopes that that forces people to ignore the fact that he's just as bad as Bush:

Drone Strikes Kill Numerous Civilians - Report - YouTube

Obama Signs NDAA Bill : What is the NDAA Bill - YouTube

OBAMA Is Preparing BLACK GENOCIDE In LIBYA - YouTube

Is that the "Hope and Change" you voted for?

Why the hell can't progressives understand that Obama is like that pig in "Animal Farm." I can't tell him apart from Bush anymore, just as the pig ended up looking and acting like the other farmers and selling off his fellow animals to be slaughtered.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
African Americans are the wealthiest blacks in the world; therefore, many of us are doing more than simply "surviving," in the U.S. Wealthy black Americans, such as Oprah Winfrey have spent millions of dollars, opening schools to educate African girls, who are mired in poverty.

And truth be told, there are countless other wealthy and prosperous black Americans who have supported (and continue to support) African related causes, without requiring anything in return.

In truth, I feel a great level of sympathy for my African and Caribbean brethren, because far too many experience gross levels of poverty, disease and overall injustice, similarly to certain African Americans. Again, I long for the day when prosperity and unity become the norm.
Clearly, as stated earlier, to see any other group moving in a positive direction bothers you, thus your negativity toward Africans & Caribbeans. It burns you that there are African & Caribbean nations that are moving steadily forward though some of the youngest nations in the world. That's why you want to bad to believe that all are experiencing "gross levels of poverty, disease and overall injustice." You are longing for you statements to be true, but unfortunatly, they are not. It simply cannot be said for all. Perhaps one day you will be rid of you animosity and ignorance for others.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 02-23-2013 at 06:42 AM..

Old 02-23-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, I am of African and European origin all days of the week.The term originally came from muwallad, which is Arabic for "brought up around". It was used to define half Arabs that were raised by Arab Muslims when Spain was under Muslim rule. That word, along with other Arab loan words, was passed onto Spanish after the Muslims were kicked out.
Interesting. I am aware that people debate the origins of the term but this sounds very plausible.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,443,000 times
Africans have a sense of belonging and destiny. This is due to the fact that they were not torn from their traditions as Black Americans were! This is why they're more stable and are goal-orientated.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Africans have a sense of belonging and destiny. This is due to the fact that they were not torn from their traditions as Black Americans were! This is why they're more stable and are goal-orientated.
Agree. That is a major difference between recent Africans and the less recent diaspora, generally speaking.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Maybe because they are coming to the USA, which is less racist and has a better economy than France?

Comparing the situation of African immigrants in France to the situation of Africans, both immigrant and native born, in the US isn't even comparing apples and oranges: it's comparing apples and mufflers.

Might as well ask why Koreans can open small businesses in America, but can't do it in North Korea
I'm guessing the US gets the best African Black people but France gets a whole lot more hood rats.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I think a lot of the racism that we're seeing on these threads is due to our having a president who is black.

Just a little anecdote. I worked on Obama's first campaign very hard. In fact, because of the nature of the campaign, and because Obama is such a great man, I didn't want to take any chances, so I took vacation on the last week of the campaign to go canvassing door to door, and driving people to the polls. On the night of the election, we campaigners retired to an outdoor terrace of a country club we had reserved, to await the results on a big screen.

Little did we know that on the other side of that country club on the other terrace, were Republicans, also awaiting the results of the election. A waiter told us about the Republicans having reserved the other side of the club, and we could hear them already celebrating, they were so convinced they would win against Obama. As the night wore on, and the numbers were coming in clearly showing that Obama would be the winner, the Republican side grew more and more silent, and we grew louder and louder. Eventually, when it was clear that it was inevitable and he was the winner, we all began to scream like lunatics, jump up and down and kiss one another. The sound was deafening. We were reported to the management by the Republicans. It made little difference, as we continued to celebrate, we were so relieved.

I didn't even notice some of the Republicans had walked over to our side. I was so elated I didn't even notice the two Republicans standing next to me, very serious, watching all of us in disgust. I stopped jumping up and down and said to one (not knowing who he was), "Isn't it great?!?" And he said, "Yeah, I'm sure you're happy. Now you'll have a real live "n" in the White House." I became frozen in shock and felt chills go down my spine. One of the guys in our campaign heard what he'd said and went up to this guy threatening him. A fight broke out. Security was called.

This was my heads-up that the presidency of this awesome man would bring out every racist cell in every racist's body. And that is why, I think, there's so many racist threads on forums. Every racist out there in the U.S. is going nuts and they're provoking in every way they can. Maybe what those of us on the same side need to do is stick together. Just my 2 cents.
Racism def didn't stop Obama: he won the POTUS again.

IMHO maybe Obama winning was a good thing because it's making many "borderline" racists think about their attitudes. Too; Obama blew out the LAST "glass ceiling" for Black people in the US. Others will follow.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Maybe because they are coming to the USA, which is less racist and has a better economy than France?

Comparing the situation of African immigrants in France to the situation of Africans, both immigrant and native born, in the US isn't even comparing apples and oranges: it's comparing apples and mufflers.

Might as well ask why Koreans can open small businesses in America, but can't do it in North Korea
Some of the European countries are having serious economic woes. Wasn't Portugal asking Angola for a bailout not too long ago?

Master then servant | World Finance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies