Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 03:42 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right..like they haven't been saying that for years now.
That's why they started sex ed in middle school as opposed to high school.
When that didn't work they started sex ed in upper elementary (5th grade) as opposed to middle school.
Still not working so let's start in kindergarten now.

Well where do we go from here when it still doesn't work to get the STD numbers down ?
Carpet bomb them with condoms, man.

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The liberals want to destroy imagination, creativity and human potential, in words, they want to create a world of dregs and droids.
Um, what? Call me crazy, but I seem to recall the conservatives here all saying "schools should ONLY teach the 3 Rs," etc. How exactly does that = imagination, creativity, and human potential?

Sooooo glad my parents sent me to a liberal private school, where they actually did encourage creativity and curiosity... no questions were bad or stupid, and all students were treated like intelligent humans instead of little kids with the "pee pee" and "hoo hoo" nonsense. Thanks for that, mom & dad!

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I remember all of the controversy over the vagina monologues.
"OMG a play about vaginas!"
It is seriously just stupid how worked up people get over teaching kids what a penis and what a vagina is.

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
next it will be show and tell of the body parts . What is this country progressing to?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I remember all of the controversy over the vagina monologues.
"OMG a play about vaginas!"
Degrading a woman to a body part. Oh how wonderful says the libs..

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 PM

19,641 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Actually, teaching kids the accurate word for genitals makes adults crazy. Adults were raised as kids to think of adult words for genitals as evil and bad, and we even think of them as evil and bad as adults. I was raised that way, and saying penis and vagina makes my hair stand on end, but that's because it was drilled into my head to say weewee and other silly little kid words. Well, in another language, anyway.

I think we adults teach these fears to kids and go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY if kids repeat those words that make us so nervous because we were trained to feel nervous around those words.
Wee wee is a "little kid" word. Got it. But then what is a four year old if not a little kid? Let em have those cute little words, they are fun to say.

Adults don't act any more mature when they use offical terms, especially vagina. It's still supposed to be funny or shocking or something to hear it used in a movie or tv show so they overdo it and it's been done to death. How immature do you have to be to laugh at the word penis.

There's no need to make a big deal unless you really want to get into talking about kids genitals, and there's no reason to go there with a five year old.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Degrading a woman to a body part. Oh how wonderful says the libs..
What? Clearly you didn't see the play.

I have a vagina, and saying that doesn't "degrade" me to a body part. How old are you - 10?? No, that would be insulting to the well-informed 10 year-olds I know.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-03-2013 at 04:16 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Wee wee is a "little kid" word. Got it. But then what is a four year old if not a little kid? Let em have those cute little words, they are fun to say.

Adults don't act any more mature when they use offical terms, especially vagina. It's still supposed to be funny or shocking or something to hear it used in a movie or tv show so they overdo it and it's been done to death. How immature do you have to be to laugh at the word penis.

There's no need to make a big deal unless you really want to get into talking about kids genitals, and there's no reason to go there with a five year old.
Oh, but the libs can't get over they have body parts and love to laugh at them . A sign of great immaturity. They can't get away from it.

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
LOL. Who wrote that?

As I said to "butkus" above, maybe if they were teaching these things nationwide, ADULTS wouldn't be so misinformed.
I think it was Nonarchist.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Oh, but the libs can't get over they have body parts and love to laugh at them . A sign of great immaturity. They can't get away from it.
Who's laughing? You're the one saying a play about female empowerment is "degrading," simply because it has the word VAGINA in it. Do you think that's a dirty word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies