Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Not nearly as bad as the Right teaching how to be racially-insensitive and bigoted from BIRTH.

I see nothing wrong with introducing it early. Kids are exposed to so much more these days with the Internet.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
The proposed new policy breaks down instruction to conform to specific age groups. For K-4 students, instruction will center on anatomy and physiology, reproduction, healthy relationships and personal safety.

For example, younger students in this group will focus on the family, feelings and appropriate and inappropriate touching while students in fourth grade will learn about puberty, including the physical, social and emotional changes that accompany it, and the causes and transmission of HIV infection.

For older children in grades 5-12, instruction will include information appropriate for each grade level on human reproduction, transmission and prevention of HIV/AIDS and other sexually-transmitted infections (STIs), healthy decision-making, sexual orientation and bullying, and contraception, including abstinence.
Chicago Public Schools : Chicago Board of Education to Consider Proposed New Health Education Policy

Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Okay. We'll role play a little............

"But Mr. Teacher. What do these parts do? Mommy told me that babies came from her tummy. How does that happen?"
Oh and BTW teacher, I do not recall being taught baby making in kindergarten. Learning to tie a shoe was enough.
Maybe if they had taught you these things, you'd know the difference between "baby making" and anatomy & reproduction lessons. I'm beginning to wonder if YOU think babies come from our tummies!

But to answer the question: "Well, little Johnny, the babies don't come from your tummy - they come from a woman's uterus, and here's where that is located; *point to chart*." Pretty simple stuff, and something teachers have been dealing with for many many generations without your input. Btw, I'm not a teacher, I am a librarian (as I've said numerous times). I have worked in public schools, though, and have also done countywide selection for adolescent materials. And again, the books on this subject have always been aimed at PREschool+, since long before today's children were even born.

334 posts, read 451,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Have you seen the curriculum? Because I posted an article with actual CPS employees discussing what would be covered for 5 Y/O children. Intercourse was not on that list.
It is because sex with children and animals is all they can think about, and I am talking about those against this.

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They are in kindergarten to learn about school stuff and to get along together in preparation for first grade.

Why should they have to learn and be expected to use these official anatomical terms... at 4/5 years old...Why? It's not shameful to know those words but also totally unnecessary to teach them to kids that age, it's just pointless unless there is another agenda, and we all know there is another agenda.

It really does hit the pervert level and IMO is abusive to start this with these babies.
Actually, teaching kids the accurate word for genitals makes adults crazy. Adults were raised as kids to think of adult words for genitals as evil and bad, and we even think of them as evil and bad as adults. I was raised that way, and saying penis and vagina makes my hair stand on end, but that's because it was drilled into my head to say weewee and other silly little kid words. Well, in another language, anyway.

I think we adults teach these fears to kids and go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY if kids repeat those words that make us so nervous because we were trained to feel nervous around those words.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Up to a time, the only thing persons need to know about their penis' and vaginas' is that they are for peeing. Anything further, prematurely, would be mental molestation, especially when "the group" derives gratification from the "instruction". The "group" seems to be practicing postcocious vicariational gratification. It is group child molestation. The kids don't stand a chance. They'll all grow up to be metrosexual nazi droids. They'll be doing it for der fodderland, as fodder themselves.
The vagina is for peeing? Since when? Clearly, you are sorely lacking in knowledge about anatomy and physiology. Home-schooled?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The vagina is for peeing? Since when? Clearly, you are sorely lacking in knowledge about anatomy and physiology. Home-schooled?
LOL. Who wrote that?

As I said to "butkus" above, maybe if they were teaching these things nationwide, ADULTS wouldn't be so misinformed.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not nearly as bad as the Right teaching how to be racially-insensitive and bigoted from BIRTH.

I see nothing wrong with introducing it early. Kids are exposed to so much more these days with the Internet.
If a parent let's their 4-5 year old freely explore and surf on the internet then there are more problems at home than not talking about the birds and bees.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:39 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Actually, teaching kids the accurate word for genitals makes adults crazy. Adults were raised as kids to think of adult words for genitals as evil and bad, and we even think of them as evil and bad as adults. I was raised that way, and saying penis and vagina makes my hair stand on end, but that's because it was drilled into my head to say weewee and other silly little kid words. Well, in another language, anyway.

I think we adults teach these fears to kids and go ABSOLUTELY CRAZY if kids repeat those words that make us so nervous because we were trained to feel nervous around those words.
I remember all of the controversy over the vagina monologues.
"OMG a play about vaginas!"

Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Hey..I had a 15 year old girl who has had sex ed for 4 years say the same thing.
4 years of sex ed classes ......

All I did was say that those are 2 different body parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies