Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Did a teacher have to tell what your body parts were called? That's a parents job common sense 101
Did you teach your children the proper Latin, or euphemisms?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
"The secular government wants to take over the children and teach them every aspect of their life. Sex education and what to eat. Nothing like the government taking over every aspect.. and they say progessives want freedom.. no way! They want to dictate what we eat, what we know and when we know it.. including sex.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Did a teacher have to tell what your body parts were called? That's a parents job common sense 101,
Not all parents are capable or interested in teaching those things, so the schools should ensure everyone knows - not just those who DO have parents willing to speak about it. Go ahead and try eliminating sex ed from public schools, and I can pretty much guarantee the teen pregnancy & STD rates will increase. Don't believe me? Just look at how many teen pregnancies the Bible Belt has annually.

Quote:
the left is way to interested in childrens body parts.
Last warning: If you insinuate something like this again, I will report you. Know what's disgusting? The fact that you cannot have a mature conversation about BODY PARTS and education, without resorting to "explicit" talk and personal attacks.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
What makes you think that they dont call body parts by those names now?
Judging by the lack of maturity shown on this thread, I would say that is highly probable.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And as has been shown to you repeatedly, intercourse is not going to be taught to 5 year olds.

You can teach that a penis is a penis without teaching about intercourse.
You can teach that a vagina is a vagina without teaching intercourse.
You can teach reproduction without teaching intercourse.
You can teach what inappropriate touching without teaching intercourse.
I wish someone had taught me I had a vagina. When I first discovered it at the age of five, I was in a panic because I thought I had been shot.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not all parents are capable or interested in teaching those things, so the schools should ensure everyone knows - not just those who DO have parents willing to speak about it. Go ahead and try eliminating sex ed from public schools, and I can pretty much guarantee the teen pregnancy & STD rates will increase. Don't believe me? Just look at how many teen pregnancies the Bible Belt has annually.

Last warning: If you insinuate something like this again, I will report you. Know what's disgusting? The fact that you cannot have a mature conversation about BODY PARTS, without resorting to "explicit" talk and personal attacks.
Is your name The left? report away, Let children be children and parents be parents, the government needs to let the parents do their job. Common sense 101

Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You cannot teach sex ed without teaching about the act of sexual intercourse.
Repeating something over and over does not make it more true. It's already been explained that it is possible. I remember my sex ed classes, and I can assure you that "how to have sex" was never taught. EVER.

This is not a difficult concept, so my guess is you are simply disagreeing for the sake of argument and saving face.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
"The secular government wants to take over the children and teach them every aspect of their life. Sex education and what to eat. Nothing like the government taking over every aspect.. and they say progessives want freedom.. no way! They want to dictate what we eat, what we know and when we know it.. including sex.
Since when is it anti-freedom to disseminate information that every child should know by a certain age? Don't want your children to learn these things? Fine, then you have the FREEDOM to either homeschool, send them to a private religious school, or opt out of sex ed for your children. See how freedom works? It doesn't mean keeping all the other children from learning something important, just because YOU think it's not necessary; it means offering the lesson and giving you (the parent) other options if they disagree.

I don't think you understand the definition of freedom.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Is your name The left?
No, but you consider me part of "the left" or you wouldn't have said that in the first place. I'm actually a Libertarian-independent, but your (and the other poster's) continuous attacks on "the left" are getting old.

Quote:
Let children be children and parents be parents, the government needs to let the parents do their job. Common sense 101
Parents don't always do their job, and as a society, we are all affected by those who are under-educated. Common sense 101.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Everyone has the right to eat like a fatass if they want. The schools are just telling the kids of those fatasses that it's unhealthy to be one. When those kids go home, they can stuff themselves with butter and corn syrup all they want.

It's sad that you're equating ignorance with freedom. It would be disgusting if schools didn't teach kids how to eat right, since many parents don't. Newsflash: parents don't own their kids. Your kids (if you currently have any) are going to form opinions that will differ from yours. Get over it, and let them learn. Parents need to stop holding their children behind developmentally for their own selfish desire to never have them grow up or be different from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies