Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals acting childish and frivolous in a thread about a dying girl is an epic FAIL.
No it is a FAILED thread trying to blame Obamacare for a policy that has been in place since 2005, and is not determined by the government.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Haha -

Are we going to go through the entire song?

This thread needs a fork (or a little levity) because it is a major FAIL.

And it has nothing to do with simply disagreeing with the OP but because it was devoid of FACTS from the get go.

No, it got old quick. The thread was based upon something that doesnt exist. It was proven early on, but the hard liners still can't see it.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Weird how the RWNJs are concerned with "death panels" After all, death should be their gateway to paradise, I guess they really do not believe in an afterlife after all...
The Conservatives want to BE the "death panel". "Give that lung to the little girl and screw whichever child is next on the list!"

Old 06-05-2013, 12:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes- today it is mid to late thirties.
A lot has changed in 20 years though; CF patients seem to be living a lot longer. When I was a kid I knew a girl with CF; she lived to the ripe old age of 23 and that was oooooooooooooooooooold back then. People were amazed she lasted as long as she did.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, it got old quick.
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, though.

But, again, this is a very serious subject and my heart hurts for the parents of that little girl.

It's just too bad that there are some who want to jump on something that doesn't exist (death panels and the government's non-existent role in determining who lives or dies) and to exploit this little girl to further their own agenda - starting with the OP.

Lies and deception.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, though.

But, again, this is a very serious subject and my heart hurts for the parents of that little girl.

It's just too bad that there are some who want to jump on something that doesn't exist (death panels and the government's non-existent role in determining who lives or dies) and to exploit this little girl to further their own agenda - starting with the OP.

Lies and deception.

I feel for the little girl and her parents, and I am blessed not to have to go through that. Thank God mine were all healthy and grew up that way. I have one kidney, and it's not sure it wants to work for me. I've already told my kids not to put me on any transplant list. I've lived my life, and wouldn't want an organ to go to me that could have saved someone else.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:21 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
I feel for the little girl and her parents, and I am blessed not to have to go through that. Thank God mine were all healthy and grew up that way. I have one kidney, and it's not sure it wants to work for me. I've already told my kids not to put me on any transplant list. I've lived my life, and wouldn't want an organ to go to me that could have saved someone else.
I had no idea; I'm sorry to hear that.

Best wishes for continued good health so you can enjoy your (future? present?) grandchildren.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I had no idea; I'm sorry to hear that.

Best wishes for continued good health so you can enjoy your (future? present?) grandchildren.

I figure it is what it is. I'm not going to worry about what hasn't happened yet. Besides, my wife thinks the dialysis port is sexy.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Same here.

I have five healthy kids and five healthy grandchildren and I am grateful every day for that.

Especially when I read stories like this:

Quote:
When Jason and Stacy Bingham’s 6-year-old daughter, Sierra, got a transplant to replace her failing heart, the couple thought with relief that their lives could finally go back to normal. But six years later, they watched in anguish as 8-year-old Lindsey started showing some of the same symptoms that had plagued her older sister before doctors diagnosed dilated cardiomyopathy.

Stomach pain and shortness of breath soon gave way to more frightening symptoms. When Lindsey’s breathing became labored and her face and belly swelled, the Binghams rushed her to the emergency room where doctors X-rayed the little girl’s chest, the Haines, Ore., parents told NBC’s Dateline.

As they waited for the results, Jason recalled thinking: “Oh, please. Oh, please. Oh, please. Oh, please have a normal chest x-ray. Please have a normal chest x-ray. Please. We’ll take anything, you know? We’ll try our hand at something else. I don’t want to go down that road again.”
Heart troubles haunt Oregon family's 5 children - TODAY.com

Five kids, four of them all diagnosed with the same genetic condition and the fifth also considered to be "at risk."

One sick child would be more than I think I could bear, but all five?

Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Same here.

I have five healthy kids and five healthy grandchildren and I am grateful every day for that.

Especially when I read stories like this:

Heart troubles haunt Oregon family's 5 children - TODAY.com

Five kids, four of them all diagnosed with the same genetic condition and the fifth also considered to be "at risk."

One sick child would be more than I think I could bear, but all five?

Jesus...that is something I cannot imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.