Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 05:15 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Based on this, one would think one of this child's parents would qualify for a liver transplant. I wonder what ruled this option out.
This child needs a lung transplant, not a liver transplant.

I think someone posted about no transplant centers being qualified to do an adult lobe transplant to a child.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Whoa! CNN just said she was put on the top of the list. I'm sure that's a great comfort to the parents of any dying 15 yr old who was scheduled to be next.
If she gets an adult lung transplanted into her small body, I will be interested in following how long she lives after the surgery. Do you suppose Fox News will follow her story?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:19 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
This child needs a lung transplant, not a liver transplant.

I think someone posted about no transplant centers being qualified to do an adult lobe transplant to a child.
lol.

Liver.....lung.......

In the voice of Hillary Monster Clinton, "What difference does it make?"

Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Funny how all you liberals were all so happy and excited when Steve Jobs was moved to the front of the line. Now your all worried about somebody getting moved back. Yet another example of how F'd up you folks are.

Funny how all you conservatives wanted Cheney to get that heart instead of a child who needed it.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:23 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Here you go, KU. You don't have to be related.

Any member of the family, parent, sibling, child, spouse or a volunteer can donate their liver. The criteria for a liver donation include:
  • Being in good health
  • Having a blood type that matches or is compatible with the recipient's
  • Having a charitable desire of donation without financial motivation
  • Being between 18 and 60 years old
  • Being of similar or bigger size than the recipient
  • Before one becomes a living donor, the donor must undergo testing to ensure that the individual is physically fit. Sometimes CT scans or MRIs are done to image the liver. In most cases, the work up is done in 2–3 weeks [SIZE=2][9][/SIZE]
Well...........looks to me like you're the confused soul who brought up livers.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Well...........looks to me like you're the confused soul who brought up livers.
No, that was KU. Read back. He was complaining about his relative waiting a long time for a new liver.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So he underwent treatment for pancreatic cancer for no reason? Is that what your going to argue now? My Lord you people are just plain insane. Go to UNOS and find the data if you want it. The link doesn't work for whatever reason and I'm not going to waste my time to provide it again and have you ignore it. Go look on the web and form your own opinions on Jobs jumping the line. Why should I waste my time with you fools who will argue till your blue in the face about it when you have no idea what your even arguing about. You think you just say oh hey I need a liver and a hundred days later one is handed over to you. Unreal.

Cystic Fibrosis is also a fatal disease that does not go away after a heart/lung transplant. The fact that this girl is dying at age 10 indicates that she has very severe cystic fibrosis. She will be lucky to live another 5 years with a transplant. How long did Steve Jobs live after his transplant?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Cystic Fibrosis is also a fatal disease that does not go away after a heart/lung transplant. The fact that this girl is dying at age 10 indicates that she has very severe cystic fibrosis. She will be lucky to live another 5 years with a transplant. How long did Steve Jobs live after his transplant?

I agree it would be stupid to give the sweet little girl a transplant. Tell her it is time to die.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I agree it would be stupid to give the sweet little girl a transplant. Tell her it is time to die.
She gets a lung and someone else does not. Are you going to tell them it is time to die? Maybe they are sweet too.

There are no winners here. Fact is, there are not enough organs to go around. So someone gets one and maybe lives and someone doesn't and probably dies. What makes this kid more special than anyone else?

Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
She gets a lung and someone else does not. Are you going to tell them it is time to die? Maybe they are sweet too.

There are no winners here. Fact is, there are not enough organs to go around. So someone gets one and maybe lives and someone doesn't and probably dies. What makes this kid more special than anyone else?
TV exposure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.