Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 03:50 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
There are people who will use any excuse to tell lies about the Affordable Care Act and the Obama administration.

Disgusting, really, to exploit the suffering of this girl's family like this.
Yes, it is. I hope the OP is paying attention - I'm reposting your comment, just in case she didn't see it the first time.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
[quote=Quick Enough;29886915

If the daughter is ranker No.1 or No.12, it shouldn't be made by the government but, by the medical community. The daughter should NOT be excluded because she is 10 and not 12.[/quote]

The medical community ( not government) created the " under 12" rule.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Breaking: Federal judge has just ordered K. Siebelius to cut through the red tape and put the kid on the adult lung list.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Breaking: Federal judge has just ordered K. Siebelius to cut through the red tape and put the kid on the adult lung list.
Looks like you guys get those death panels after all.

Funny how you're celebrating some government worker deciding who gets a chance to live and who doesn't.

Who would've thought that the side who fabricated the whole death panel issue to begin with, then spent years crying about it, would be the first in line to cheer for unqualified government employees making life and death decisions.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:10 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hey, I'm willing to listen. You hate allocating donor organs according to the medical profession's existing guidelines, as far as I can see because there's government officials involved. So outline the better alternative.
"You hate"

WOW! That's pretty big assumption. Wrong of course but, hey to each their own.

"Clerk: Judge grants injunction in case of child who needs lung transplant

(CNN) -- A federal judge has ruled in favor of a 10-day restraining order that blocks U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius from applying a policy keeping children younger than 12 from being prioritized for available adult lung transplants, the judge's clerk said.

Clerk: Judge grants injunction in case of child who needs transplant - CNN.com

Old 06-05-2013, 04:10 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Looks like you guys get those death panels after all.

Funny how you're celebrating some government worker deciding who gets a chance to live and who doesn't.

Who would've thought that the side who fabricated the whole death panel issue to begin with, then spent years crying about it, would be the first in line to cheer for unqualified government employees making life and death decisions.
Since you quoted me, perhaps you should read the posts. I was EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAR in stating that I agreed with Siebelius. I don't think it's her or the government's business in any way, shape or form.

Be very careful when you quote someone. You might be made to look like you can't read or comprehend.

God, I'm glad I'm not a liberal running around with silly talking points but not bothering to understand what I'm seeing.

P.S. Didn't read the 0bamacare bill either, did you! lol

Old 06-05-2013, 04:12 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,158,452 times
All kids should be put on the list with the organ going to the person who needs it most and has the best chance of survival.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

There was one incident that really stuck in my mind. I was sitting having a private conversation with a young nurse while visiting someone in the hospital. She was very candid with me. In her hand she held a syringe filled with morphine. Plain as day and with semi-humor she said "This is what we use to get rid of old people" - sounds like the "death panel" can consist of ONE - who's actions are tacitly condoned.

When you hear about a person passing away - you will always hear that they are "comfortable" prior to death...It is not the cancer or the kidney failure that they finally die from...It is the morphine that kills them...If you are given enough, your ability to breath is impaired and you suffocate while in a morphine induced stupor. You can't speak but you know you can not breath...There is no easy way out.

Something about having a private convo with a nurse holding a syringe of Morphine while joking about killing patients does not ring true. Hospital administered Morphine is usually a IV drip. Terminally ill patients often control the drip. Cancer pain is often so great that the only relief occurs when the dose causes a loss of consciousness.

Patients have the right to refuse all end of life pain medication and instead spend their final days/hours in absolute agony.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
This is a link to the entire process for lung transplants, as well as the changes made, and by whom. It also explains the process for the Review board, special circumstances. Note that the 2-part priority system for those under the age of 12 was created in 2010.
Where is the link?

Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do you ask such asinine questions?

ALL the mother is asking for is for her daughter to BE PUT ON THE LIST. The doctors have already evaluated her condition have concluded she is a viable candidate for a transplant. The DOCTORS should decide the order of those that get a transplant.

If the daughter is ranker No.1 or No.12, it shouldn't be made by the government but, by the medical community. The daughter should NOT be excluded because she is 10 and not 12.

The Mother is trying to get the 12 year old rule changed not only for her daughter but, in order to help ALL children under 12.
Which doctors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.