Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup. I've heard some really AWFUL versions of the song by superstar singers.
The kid did good, why people can't just leave at that without bringing their own person hatreds into it is beyond me - especially as it does nothing but make those haters look BAD.

Ken
I in all my years have never found cause to hate on children.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Correct.
What if he was poor and wore his best clothes, but they were too small and ragged? The kid did a great job singing the anthem.
I am more offended when superstars insist on putting their own twist to the song.
I have seen it butchered all kinds of a twist, I have seen it destroyed by someone yodeling through it. Why not all the outrage over these practices? It's not like the little guy did a Rosie on it.
There's a lot of what ifs on here. What if it was his best outfit or favorite outfit or his other clothes were too small and ragged and............Holy cow people. Defensive much?

Presenting an opposing view point from the "there's nothing wrong with what he was wearing" viewpoint doesn't make us haters - either little kid haters or Hispanic ethnicity haters.

I also don't see "outrage". Did everyone think it was OK to sing the US national anthem dressed as the boy was dressed? No and for a variety of reasons that posters attempted to explain.

It's those who disagree with the so-called "haters" that are expressing outrage. It is a free country and we are allowed to think differently from you. Get over yourselves.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

So the racist comments came from black folk, which means the racists are most likely to be Democrats who voted for Obama, and not white Republicanconservatives.

BOOM there goes trlhiker's little head.
EXCEPT that mexican mariachis aren't a race, illegal aliens aren't a race.

What I suspect the blacks who commented were commenting against the culture and it's constantly being shoved in our faces and also that very fake kind of pride the immigrants constantly display. They fled their culture, they claim they'd starve to death, or would be killed if they went back home, but the minute they arrive here, all they want to do is boast of it and always put it on display.

They're hearts are in Mexico but their stomachs are here. It's not racist to dislike the way they constantly parade around their love for the country they abandoned. If any of them really cared about the place, they'd want to stay there and make it better.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
The kids sang tonight too. Good for him.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The kids sang tonight too. Good for him.
San Antonio and Texas is very much proud of our Hispanic Heritage (along with others).
My sister is married to a man from Mexico.

Although we understand we cannot have unregulated borders, you'll find very few Texans bad mouth the heritage.

I suspect most of the bad mouthing is from way up north.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What I suspect the blacks who commented were commenting against the culture and it's constantly being shoved in our faces and also that very fake kind of pride the immigrants constantly display.
I suspect, having tracked down a number of Twitter accounts, is that there are a lot of white folks posing as Black folks.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:02 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,605,507 times
Quote:

What I suspect the blacks who commented were commenting against the culture and it's constantly being shoved in our faces and also that very fake kind of pride the immigrants constantly display. They fled their culture, they claim they'd starve to death, or would be killed if they went back home, but the minute they arrive here, all they want to do is boast of it and always put it on display.

They're hearts are in Mexico but their stomachs are here. It's not racist to dislike the way they constantly parade around their love for the country they abandoned. If any of them really cared about the place, they'd want to stay there and make it better.
I don't even think this kid has that much pride in his heritage; I saw him on the news yesterday and was shocked to learn he doesn't even speak Spanish.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,048 times
And what exactly is the quintessential American dress?

A man's suit designed in Europe, made in China, and shipped via a Greek or Korean-registered cargo carrier?

Old 06-14-2013, 08:10 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:

This!

Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Really?

Since in the photo they dyed their hair green it looks like it is the ONE day we celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Are you seriously trying to make an analogy to other ethnic groups that celebrate their ethnicity out in public on a daily basis and try to shove their culture and language down our throats and change this country's demographics via illegal immigration?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies