Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 03:06 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I'm just curious, this kid did such a good job with the national Anthem. What drives certain people to protest people like him? He is born and raised here in America.
They're just trashy bigmouthed ignoramuses who revel in the internet anonymity.

Old 06-13-2013, 03:24 AM

567 posts, read 1,120,312 times
It's San Antonio. Their Mexican-American history runs deep. In California when they celebrate "Old California" with early 19th century Mexican costumes and dances, it's not un-American at all.

There's a lot of bleedover at the borders. Just like you'll see cowboys roaming the ranges of Alberta (American settlers learned much about cattle ranching from the vaqueros, btw), Mexican culture has been going on in what are now California and Texas since the 18th century.

I do not see any discrepancy. I can understand how someone from well outside the Southwest would.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are making a flawed argument because there is no amnesty, if you have a job then you pay taxes each and every pay check.
There if there is no consequence for the crimes you violated, if you are intact rewarded for violating the crimes by getting exactly what you wanted. That is an amnesty. Giving the illegals head of line pass, not holding them to the same exact standards you force legals to follow is an amnesty.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:05 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I believe that anybody can sing the American anthem as this is a free country. However,

What do you think?

A. It is disrespectful for a person to dress in another country's style (Mariachi) of clothing and sing an American anthem.

B. It is ok as long as no one makes fun of the American Anthem.

C. Not sure

D. None of the above.
Disrespectful to whom?? The USA?

Wearing Mariachi outfits is not anti-American

Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
They're just trashy bigmouthed ignoramuses who revel in the internet anonymity.
exactly....

Old 06-13-2013, 06:17 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Judging by the way conservatives hate illegals and believe that anyone with darker skin must be an illegal, what do you expect? It's been drilled into their heads by politicians and their right-wing pundits almost everyday but I love the way the child answers the bigots.

Typical lib

All Hispanics are not illegals
Most illegals happen to be Hispanic

Does the fact that I am not very fond of attorneys mean that I hate white people? Or the fact that I do not like bankers very much mean that I do not like Jews?

You have been brainwashed by political correctness and therefore view people of different races and cultures differently via labeling and generalizations. You, therefore, are a racist. Most conservatives I know evaluate people INDIVIDUALLY, not based on race or ethnic heritage.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Judging by the way conservatives hate illegals and believe that anyone with darker skin must be an illegal, what do you expect? It's been drilled into their heads by politicians and their right-wing pundits almost everyday but I love the way the child answers the bigots.
So you think they are all conservatives? Anyway people are jerks and with the Internet more so.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:28 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalLord View Post
It's San Antonio. Their Mexican-American history runs deep. In California when they celebrate "Old California" with early 19th century Mexican costumes and dances, it's not un-American at all.

There's a lot of bleedover at the borders. Just like you'll see cowboys roaming the ranges of Alberta (American settlers learned much about cattle ranching from the vaqueros, btw), Mexican culture has been going on in what are now California and Texas since the 18th century.

I do not see any discrepancy. I can understand how someone from well outside the Southwest would.
I actually find this type of diversity more appealing, long settled minorities in a particular region adapting their culture to America. I feel bad for these type of Hispanics who have to see their identity tarnished by a mass invasion from Central Mexico.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
I really have to question the above post. A Number of the nasty comments have been made by people who are of a differing race, a demographic not noted to be conservative, republican OR right wing. They are noted to be primarily, Liberal, Democrat, and left wing.

So? Who is doing the drilling, and by what pundits?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:33 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Talk about a bigot, did you see this quote in the story?

"
Irma Mireles, a civil rights activist since the 1960s Chicano Movement, said she was horrified by the tweets.
“At first, I got angry,” she said. “Then I realized these are ignorant people, and they're afraid of the future, and the future is brown.”

You know, they are as racist and ignorant as anyone down in Mexico.

If a white person said the future is white, they would be publicly destroyed by the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies