Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
When did he say that?
He did'nt I responding to a view that was mentioned on the other side about Trayvon.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
If you're a cop in an area with a high incidence of burglary then yes that would be the thought.

But zimmerman was not "a cop", his job was to observe and report. Considering he was not on watch that night anyway that was all that he should have done in the first place.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
I believe she's trying to hide behind language. She admitted she's fluent enough to speak with her parents and obviously to her friends (unless T.M. spoke Creole).

She doesn't want to be there, doesn't want to go over what happened or especially what she'd said because she lied, saying exactly what the parents and investigators wanted to hear. She's clearly afraid of the ramifications of what really happened coming to light as it doesn't do T.M. much good.

Oh, so now she's a manipulative genius, not someone whose first language isn't English? IIRC, Rachel had known Trayvon Martin since they were children; I daresay he could understand her quite well. I went to school with twins...to this day people have trouble telling them apart, but I have no problem.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
And that means what? She is also multi-lingual as well.
Come on. I don't want to gang up on that girl, I really don't. If she is mentally disabled I can understand her behavior and inability to express herself. That combined with a court setting, a totally idiot lawyer grilling her. I can understand.
But at 19 we have men and women making life and death decisions. Those who serve...
She should be able to get her point across better than she does.
on a side note I might have asked that lawyer if he was born a total dik or if he had to practice it because he has it down pat.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
She is completely unable to articulate her thoughts. Why I don't know. She may very well be borderline retarded.
Ignorant and stupid are 2 entirely different things. Ignorance is by choice, stupid is by birth.
I don't for a minute believe this woman was born with a mental disability, that would be an insult to disabled people everywhere. This woman takes pride in her ignorance based on a few of her now deleted Tweets.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't for a minute believe this woman was born with a mental disability, that would be an insult to disabled people everywhere. This woman takes pride in her ignorance based on a few of her now deleted Tweets.
I think she's probably slow. The type of slow that can be overcome if a person has the desire and people around them that will help. However, based on what I see when I listen to and watch her, I don't think that is the case.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-28-2013 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 06-27-2013, 08:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
But zimmerman was not "a cop", his job was to observe and report. Considering he was not on watch that night anyway that was all that he should have done in the first place.
Considering he made a snap decision based on seeing a young man walking down the street and then made the situation worse by chasing the kid all over the neighborhood, there is a good reason why cops don't want guys like Zimmerman getting involved.

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
And that means what? She is also multi-lingual as well.
That means she's lived her entire life in the US and has attended US public schools, which to my knowledge still teach the English language.

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
I dont know what the hell the prosecution was doing bringing that person up there. There even now. The defense with the stupid knock knock, and the prosecution with this person.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
I dont know what the hell the prosecution was doing bringing that person up there. There even now. The defense with the stupid knock knock, and the prosecution with this person.
She may be back. West made an idiotic blunder mentioning GZs past. That may be new open territory for the prosecutor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies