Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times

Advertisements

uggabugga is correct. the info i looked at was the original story, but yes it was a shot to the face which is even worse.

especially since the police said there were no signs of forcible entry.

he opened the door and shot her point blank in the face, 5 feet away.

so what you have here is somebody standing outside of your door who knocked on the door, and apparently thats good enough reason to kill somebody to certain posters.

if this guy was so scared, why didnt he keep the door closed and call the police?

he only called the police after he shot her, and then was off the phone 10 seconds later.

no reasonably sane person acts that way if they are fearful of there life.

he knew he could kill her because he knew she was unarmed.

he would not be stupid enough to open the door if she was ready to kill him, he wouldve barricaded himself inside and called 9/11, begging for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 11:13 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
why is a shot to the face 'even worse' than a shot to back of the the head of someone who is retreating?
seems odd.

anyhoo, manslaughter charges at this point seem appropriate.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Can it just be so simple that this girl was so high and drunk she was simply disoriented and ended up 6 blocks away from the accident. Than she walked up to a house and knocked on the door to ask for help..But unfortunately for her she knocked on the wrong house. While most people would have maybe called 911 this man walks out and shoot her in the head/face from behind ( or not from behind,not sure which one it is ). Maybe he just some crazy guy, and her drunk and high self happened to get in his way.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Can it just be so simple that this girl was so high and drunk she was simply disoriented and ended up 6 blocks away from the accident. Than she walked up to a house and knocked on the door to ask for help..But unfortunately for her she knocked on the wrong house. While most people would have maybe called 911 this man walks out and shoot her in the head from behind. Maybe he just some crazy guy, and her drunk and high self happened to get in his way.
How do you know she was asking for help? HOW? How do you know she wasn't looking for somewhere to get into to hide from police because she was drunk and didn't want a DWI?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
i saw this on huffpo,

IN A SENSIBLE UNIVERSE:

1) George Zimmerman sees that it is rainy and cold, and offers Trayvon Martin a ride home. Trayvon accepts, and is grateful that someone extended the hand of friendship.

2) Theodore Wafer hears a knock as his door at 3:00am, it's a bit scary - but he yells through the door "Who are you? What do you want? Are you ok? I'm going to call for help, stay right there." The police arrive to assist/arrest Miss McBride, and Mr Wafer is glad to see his tax dollars at work.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:27 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Answer the question.. How does ANYONE know what her intentions were? Is it simply made up out of speculation? Oh yes it is.... The guy shouldn't have shot her, but let's stop the madness and pretending here..The narrative should NOT be that she was asking for help because it is impossible to know that. It is a made up scenario to gain public outcry and racebaiting.
Oh, gee, I guess you are right!

She's drunk, stoned, and injured from a car accident so she decides it's a great time to rob a house!

That makes perfect sense!

(I wish there was an icon to portray disgust)

Old 11-15-2013, 11:27 AM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
doesnt matter. she was walking away and he shot her from behind.

if i knock on your door, do you come out guns blazing.
1. The aunt claimed she was shot from behind but then stopped making the claim after the police came out and said that she was essentially making it up. You've gotten him charged so there really is no need to keep repeating the lie to work some sort of "racial angle".

2. The police reached the correct conclusion and have charged him. He pretty much has a snowballs chance in hades of winning.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
How do you know she was asking for help? HOW? How do you know she wasn't looking for somewhere to get into to hide from police because she was drunk and didn't want a DWI?

I don't know. But even if that was the case does that make any difference? Apparently she was shot from a distance. Would you do the same thing? I once had a really drunk homeless guy knock on my door in the middle of the night thinking he lived there. I called 911. How hard is that?

Old 11-15-2013, 11:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, gee, I guess you are right!

She's drunk, stoned, and injured from a car accident so she decides it's a great time to rob a house!

That makes perfect sense!

(I wish there was an icon to portray disgust)
That is NOT what I said, so stop with your hysteria. All I am saying is that everywhere the headline says she was shot asking for help. That has NOT been proven and is dishonest, but here everyone is spreading the same fiction. Some headlines even say, "Asking for Help While Black" to make the racism angle.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Let's stop avoiding the elephant in the room here. HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HER INTENTIONS WERE? It is disingenuous to run with headlines that say they know when it is impossible to know. This has NOTHING to do with guy being charged or what happened. It has EVERYTHING to do with made up headlines to race bait.
You seem to be the only poster (so far) who's mind immediately goes to race baiting. Why's that?
You have mentioned it at least four times already.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies