Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 10:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
They might be outside at the moment, but they could be inside in seconds. Remember that your porch IS your property.

Even sooner when you open the door to take the shot.

[remind me to use the doorbell]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 11:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
HOW is this NOT SELF DEFENSE? She is on the man's property, on his PORCH, FACING the front door. Here in West Virginia the man would probably not be charged, and if he was charged would almost definitely not be convicted by a jury. I'll tell you if I'm on that jury, then this man walks. I know not to trespass on other people's property. And I have signs on my property warning other people not to trespass on mine.
So you shoot unarmed people when they are on your porch facing your door...if you don't know them. You will shoot them in the face before calling 911 or looking out a window to size them up...or asking them why they are there through a closed door? Are you crazy?

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-16-2013 at 11:55 PM..

Old 11-17-2013, 05:24 AM

349 posts, read 261,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I still want to know how ANYONE knows that she was asking for help. HOW??????? There are NO facts that suggest such a thing, NONE! The house she went to was 4 BLOCKS away! Why did she go so far? Why is there a 2 hour gap between the accident and when she was shot? Was there another car involved?

Strange how you ask for facts in an attempt to slander the girl, yet you attempt to introduce items you know not to be facts into the discussion...

Why would you suggest that another car was involved and where can we find that "fact?"

Old 11-17-2013, 05:30 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,179,752 times
People live in constant fear in Detroit. 50 years of failed Liberal and Black political leaders have destroyed the city so what do you expect?

Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,234,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
People live in constant fear in Detroit. 50 years of failed Liberal and Black political leaders have destroyed the city so what do you expect?
If the guy is guilty of murder I expect him to rot in prison.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,348,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Something the articles haven't said so far is was the shotgun fired through a closed or open door? If open, was the door opened from inside by the owner or beaten open by the shooting victim? If opened by the owner, then his punishment should be made worse. That would mean he opened the door in order to attack the one he felt was trying to break into his home. If fired through the door, then it could be an accidental shooting or a poor decision made in the haze of being woken at such a late time. Still deserves a punishment, but in my opinion, not as much as if he opened the door to shoot. If the door was forced open from the outside, then I wouldn't want to punish the owner at all. He could still be convicted, but at that point I'd want to give him probation since someone had actually kicked open his door before he fired.

This is the point that would make a difference to a jury using logic instead of emotion.
I believe, from one radio report, the door was open, and the shot was through the storm/screen door. Have not heard the make up of the door.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So someone is banging on your door at 3 in the morning. Why would your first instinct be to shoot them instead of calling the police. And why bring race into this unless you are saying he would not have shot her if she was white.
I think the crime and murder rate in this city is so bad that people are getting shot at 3 AM for knocking on doors. When crime rates get to a certain level, the police cannot keep the law and order and people get scared.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:26 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think the crime and murder rate in this city is so bad that people are getting shot at 3 AM for knocking on doors. When crime rates get to a certain level, the police cannot keep the law and order and people get scared.
this wasnt in detroit, it was in dearborn, an 85 percent white suburb.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 AM

937 posts, read 1,135,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this wasnt in detroit, it was in dearborn, an 85 percent white suburb.
Yes, and one can only imagine how fearful the Dearborn European American residents are of African Americans. Surely, they are all armed and ready...If one appears at their door, they will be blown away, without an afterthought.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:27 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70

HOW is this NOT SELF DEFENSE? She is on the
man's property, on his PORCH, FACING the front door
. Here in West Virginia the
man would probably not be charged, and if he was charged would almost definitely
not be convicted by a jury. I'll tell you if I'm on that jury, then this man
walks. I know not to trespass on other people's property. And I have signs on my
property warning other people not to trespass on mine.
So, if someone comes to my door selling Girl Scout Cookies, asking me if I heard the "good news", looking for a lost dog, canvassing for a politician or wanting to read my meter, I have the right to shoot them?
Cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies