Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 11:45 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You haven't studied the Bible very much I see. Leviticus only speaks against it in certain circumstances and only applicable to certain people. Lesbians are never even mentioned, so it has nothing to do with gay people. The New Testament only mentions anything remotely related to it, twice, one of which is pretty much a proven corruption, the other of which even Saint Augustine said applied to heterosexuals.

And Jesus never said marriage was exclusive to heterosexuals, he merely mentioned man and woman as a discussion on the topic of divorce.
Jesus never said one word about homosexuals, but people who never actually read the bible beg to differ.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:48 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
One of the big clues that this type of manufactured tension is being deliberately created is the asinine promotion of this "wedding cake" as national news. While there are so many disastrous problems facing us policically and economically, the entire world in a global financial meltdown, China and Japan threatening war with each other, wars raging in the middle east ... two gay guys can't get one baker to bake them a cake becomes national news? We've become a nation of nitwits, behaving and reacting like two year olds, and the manipulators are laughing all the way to the bank, as they continue to bleed us all dry.

I wonder . . .in a media where the death of some movie star by car was 3-4 day news. . . and where a CEO announces drones. . .stop the presses - and the world. . . Or a media that spends days looking at a derogatory word on a to go order receipt

that you, of someone of self processed intelligence, would buy into a conspiracy theory that focuses on some agenda to . . .report on what? Bakery couple that refuses a same sex wedding, and thus goes to court?

I am not surprised at the media at their lows. . .and I would definitely rank discrimination case (especially a unique/new one with a new/changed outcome) as much higher in the news media than a tip line on a receipt or a actor dying in a car wreck

Whining about the media's loss opportunities (why not cover . .blah blah blah). Well, guess what, media is pretty good at reporting what people want to hear. I do not see pavlov dog here, but I do see the Dog from Pixar's up. Consistently distracted by "squirrel".

but we trained the media to be that way

its no conspiracy, other than the conspiracy of our lack of interest in the stories that you value.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:58 AM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one FORCED the baker to open a public business. No one FORCED the baker to offer wedding cakes for sale. The baker CHOSE to open a business that is considered under the Colorado law a public accommodation. By opening a business the baker is required to follow the laws that all other businesses are required to follow. If we wrote laws that exempted religious beliefs, anyone could claim that any law is in violation of their religious beliefs.
Or did you mean exempting only those religious beliefs that you personally agree with? That would run afoul of the first amendment. The state can not pick one religious belief to protect over another.
And what if he opened the business before the law was in place? How would you like it if the government just suddenly started making up rules forcing you to do things with your business?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:00 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
And you still won't address the issue, but instead you're telling me I should take my medication, accuse me of being immature and not being able to admit to making a mistake.
You are disturbed. Your words alluded to this controversy being about a cake for dogs, insisting that such could not be against any religious beliefs. A cake for dogs has nothing to do with anything we are debating here. NOTHING.

You said: Man and woman only? For the 89th time, he made a cake for a DOG WEDDING! Why do you keep ignoring that? That's not at odds with Christian beliefs? Give me a break!

OK, so what you were really TRYING to say is that because he made a cake for a dog wedding, insinuating that this would be against Christian beliefs ... he can't claim that making a cake for gay PEOPLE can be against religious beliefs?

K ... maybe you just need remedial 4th grade writing, rather than medication, because what you wrote could barely be confused with what you were apparently trying to say since .. 1) I never saw the first 88 referencea to this ... 2) there is no such thing as "dog marriage", and I am not familiar with any religious mention of a prohibition on canine matrimony .. 3) I see not one iota of relevance if he made a cake for a dog and cat gettin married, since that doesn't exist either

Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You haven't studied the Bible very much I see. Leviticus only speaks against it in certain circumstances and only applicable to certain people. Lesbians are never even mentioned, so it has nothing to do with gay people. The New Testament only mentions anything remotely related to it, twice, one of which is pretty much a proven corruption, the other of which even Saint Augustine said applied to heterosexuals.

And Jesus never said marriage was exclusive to heterosexuals, he merely mentioned man and woman as a discussion on the topic of divorce.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:26

Somewhere in heaven, an ancient Bible scribe is shaking his head, I don't know much more plainer we could have been. We said it was UNNATURAL!

As for Jesus, why would he not also mention men joining men as one flesh and women joining women as one flesh if he approves of gay marriage? It doesn't make sense logically.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:10 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
it never says anywhere "thou shalt not kill"
Exactly why religion is harmful. It justifies killing.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:

You are disturbed. Your words alluded to this controversy being about a cake
for dogs, insisting that such could not be against any religious beliefs. A
cake for dogs has nothing to do with anything we are debating here.
NOTHING.
Show me any quote of mine that said this particular case is about a dog wedding. It's not my fault you're so confused.
Even the quote you pulled up said the baker made A cake for A dog wedding.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
And what if he opened the business before the law was in place? How would you like it if the government just suddenly started making up rules forcing you to do things with your business?
Businesses are required to follow all existing laws, and any new laws unless there is a specific grandfathered exemption.

If I have a drivers license, and the speed limit changes am I not required to follow the new speed limit?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Romans 1:26

Somewhere in heaven, an ancient Bible scribe is shaking his head, I don't know much more plainer we could have been. We said it was UNNATURAL!

As for Jesus, why would he not also mention men joining men as one flesh and women joining women as one flesh if he approves of gay marriage? It doesn't make sense logically.
Because of what?

Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
However, of course the discrimination of the business owner's religious beliefs is a non-issue.

only because they are Christians if they were Muslims they would not dare do anything
like bringing a law suit
and this gay couple could have found someone else
yes this stinks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies