Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
It's really remarkable how quickly the right wing conservative is ready to eat their own.
What's quick about it? Several years ago, I told one of my congresspersons if Boehner became SOTH I would never vote again.

See if you can stay in touch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 04:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What new taxes? I read that there NO new taxes.
They call them "fee's".

Old 12-13-2013, 04:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
How is Obamacare a fiasco? It's implimentation was not wisely done. The website was poorly done. This does not mean as an IDEA that it is a fiasco. Our current system is if you can't get insurence or can't afford it then you use the ER as your doctor. What is good about that?
Nothing has changed.

Quote:
I would not have tailored it the way it came out but it was a result of compromise. Origionally it was to be a single payer system. But Obama is willing to bend to achieve a goal, unlike some others.
You forgot to start this.....Once upon a time....

Old 12-13-2013, 05:58 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You see a pattern here?

Progressives love Progressives.

We are seeing Conservatives pushing the Progressives out of the party and 2014 will not reverse the trend.
That will certainly be true in Alaska. Sen. Begich (D) is toast in 2014. The only question is whether he will be replaced by the Republican TEA Party candidate, Joe Miller, or the Republican establishment candidate, Lt. Gov. Mead Tredwell.

I will be voting for Joe Miller.

Hopefully Alaskans will also replace the RINO Murkowski in 2016 with another TEA Party Republican. Technically, Murkowski is not a Republican since she lost the GOP Primary in 2010, even though she claims to be. She votes with the Democrats far more often than she votes with the Republicans. Murkowski, Collins, and McCain are the three biggest RINOs in the Senate, and they all need to be kicked out of office.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
What's really sad is that even after Obama himself admitted he was lying, his depraved supporters still act as if he is walking on water.

If Obama is an a**hole for lying repeatedly, WHAT does that make those that defend him to the bitter end, even though they been given proof that Obama is indeed a liar?

It's great that he's won "Liar of the Year" -- in fact, the award should now be referred to as the Barack Obama Award.

If enough people use it in everyday conversation it will.

Remember when he phrases 'good to go' and 'have a good one' hit the scene? They weren't popular at the beginning but are now part of everyday vernacular.

Old 12-13-2013, 08:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What's quick about it? Several years ago, I told one of my congresspersons if Boehner became SOTH I would never vote again.

See if you can stay in touch.
I probably missed that exchange.

Boehner has held fast with the conservative agenda for a number of years and never wavered. Now there is a budget compromise and the right wing are ready to throw him to the dogs. And your response is, we were always ready to throw him to the dogs. Tough organization you got going there.

Do you know why Boehner, Ryan and 75% of the republican party are doing this? Because "Business People" are heavy republican donors. Business doesn't like political uncertainty in Washington. It cost them money. They don't know to either expand or retract. The republicans who have a sense of the playing field beyond a ridged ideology of the tea party know that by providing financial stability in politics will bring in the money they need for the primaries. From now until 2016, the tea party is going to be marginalized by the republican party for expediency and credibility's sake.

It's really not complicated.

Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Boner is going to lose to a challenger in his next primary.
Actually at this point I think that he really does not care anymore or he decided to get a conscious

Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,268,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Listen to Boehner and his pals, they all claim to believe in every one of the basic principles and concerns as the Tea party does. It's just that Boehner lacks the moral courage, fortitude and leadership to put those principles into action, because he's a coward, he just wants to kiss babies and stay in congress for the rest of his life.
Or maybe the claims are mouth service to survive the tea party and once they are disarmed he can quit pretending. The real strength of ANY system not dominated by one dominant power is compromise. You get some of what you want but never expect all of it. Thus we have as primary leaders those who are neither far right or far left.

Anyone who thinks causing the government to shut down is a good idea and any damage immaterial next to getting their way reminds me of teenagers who need to grow up.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
"Ms Palin when yaw get done just turn the lights out and da doe weh lock be'hind ya."
It's not polite to make fun of Obama when he does his ethnic talk thing.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They call them "fee's".
Just like Obamacare fines are taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies