Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 05:20 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
so because her children are not "children" anymore its ok.
Do you mean "ok" as in "we like this," or "ok" as in it shouldn't be illegal? If the latter, then yes... if the former, then I guess it depends on personal perspective. I think it's a little weird myself, but adults and their mothers can pose however they choose. Are you implying there should be regulations against such a thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Where do you see "liberals" admiring the woman for doing this?
They don't. This is just what they (the extreme right) do, throw out baseless claims of what "liberals" want or admire - even when the liberals themselves are saying uh-uh, that's not true! But I guess they can read minds now?

I'd also like to see Taratova's proof that liberals support pedophilia, if not they should retract that statement and admit they're talking out the nether regions... getting a little sick of these accusations, but when you demand evidence they run for the hills! Oh, or they share some isolated story that proves absolutely nothing and call it a day.

Quote:
I have read all the posts in this thread and did not see that at all. It's not my thing but if consenting adults want to pose like that then they have the right to do it. They have the freedom to do this which is something I thought all conservatives strived for. But I guess conservatives only want freedoms when it suits their agenda. Her kids are adults here not children.
Bingo, we have a winner. I guess some folks don't understand the concept of "freedom for all, even those with whom I disagree?" I hate nothing more than a racist, but do I think racism should be outlawed? Nope. Just because I think it's despicable, that doesn't mean I believe it should be illegal... until you're actually hurting someone as a result of your beliefs, we should all be free to believe (and behave) as we choose. Isn't that what conservatives always say? Guess they don't all practice what they preach.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:27 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The libs must love this.. we should be tolerant of this behavior. Same sex marriage, incest, and pedophilia. This is where tolerance is headed.
There has been a long list of people who have noted that they have largely liberal beliefs that have a problem with this.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I brought that up too, but not surprisingly it was ignored. So again I will say this IS representative of "traditional values!" Have the religious righties even read the Bible, or do they just preach about something they've never looked at before? I've read it many many times, and both incest & polygamy are rampant... not in a "this is a sin" way either, more like the opposite.
No it isn't. Solomon turned his back on God and worshipped idols and built temples in their name.
God appeared to him twice and told him to mend his ways or his kingdom would be taken away from his son.
He didn't and it was.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No it isn't. Solomon turned his back on God and worshipped idols and built temples in their name.
God appeared to him twice and told him to mend his ways or his kingdom would be taken away from his son.
He didn't and it was.
There are many examples of both incest and polygamy in the Bible, not just this story... and not all of them make it sound like a bad thing (particularly in regards to polygamy).

Keep in mind, I mostly know the Hebrew Bible - so whatever translated version you've read may have softened up the "nasty" bits.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:38 PM

Oh yeah, and let's also not forget they (people of ancient times) sold/traded their wives & daughters like cattle. So while I've enjoyed studying the Bible for its overall messages, I don't think we should literally model our behavior after them... my point in regards to this thread being that, as someone always has to bring up the old "traditional/Biblical values" argument. You want traditional values? Okay, but it will basically be everything you DON'T actually support! That always strikes me as ironic, but maybe nobody else here sees it that clearly.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 552,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Soloman was a polygamist. Trying to get how rightwing groups would be against such a hallowed tradition.
The same reason Iranians are almost never polygamists even though it's allowed by their religion.
It's just not a part of their culture and from what I understand a lot of muslims find polygamy distasteful.

Btw, you do know that Solomon was a Hebrew and not a Christian, right ? I ask because I notice that a lot of lefties love to blame christians for what's in the old testament. It seems to me that there's another religion that the old Testament forms the foundation of, while christianity is traditionally more concerned with the new testament. Just sayin,

Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 552,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There has been a long list of people who have noted that they have largely liberal beliefs that have a problem with this.
That's ok.
During the fight about gay marriage in France, there are feminists who went public in there opposition to it. There are gays who went public in their opposition to it. Both of those categories of people were up to then considered leftists in good standing in France. Both of those types of people had their good leftist card revoked without a problem.

Some sectors of the media and academic left tried really hard to get pedo legalized in the 70s.
The push eventually failed but you'd be amazed at the level of support that they managed to gather.
I don't see why some sectors of the left won't try to untaboo that stuff again.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:50 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
A sexy professional model is posing for a camera. So 'effn what?

Offense is for prudes.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:53 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,593,450 times
there is more than one photo in the harpers shoot, the other photos
are even more suggestive of incest. look at them all. and there's a
history of this with them, such as http://imgur.com/jfrxtkj.jpg

there is no doubt it's being promoted by the magazine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies