Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
When was the last time atheists legislate who christians can have sex with?
If you wish to change the subject fine but I should get to comment on it first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The funny thing about stories like this is that no one would ever heard of the offending photo(s) if some puritan didn't raise a moral stink about them and direct everyones attention to them...

Happens every time---some moral majority type just gives away free publicity to whatever offends them.
Yep.

You'd think that they would have figured that out by now.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Whether it applies here or not I do not know but there are many people who wish their photos had never been exposed. Not being exposed isn't always a good thing.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:04 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Her sons are gay? Wow, didn't see that coming. Growing up with a mom who looks like that could be awfully hard (especially certain parts of the anatomy). I'm so glad MY mom didn't look like that. I never harbored a nanosecond of incestuous longings! Oh well, I guess they are fortunate when they were born. Not 40 or 50 years ago when things were more difficult.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:50 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Her sons are gay? Wow, didn't see that coming. Growing up with a mom who looks like that could be awfully hard (especially certain parts of the anatomy). I'm so glad MY mom didn't look like that. I never harbored a nanosecond of incestuous longings! Oh well, I guess they are fortunate when they were born. Not 40 or 50 years ago when things were more difficult.
Only one son is "out." I don't know why the OP thinks her younger son is gay too.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Can a SUPERHOT mama make a guy gay? Never even considered that. She was a kind of model who did NOTHING to cover up how hot she was. I don't think the psychologists have investigated much what that does to a son entering puberty. Is she gay, too? I'd never know.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:05 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Eventually you will start to see polygamist and incest groups demanding that they have a right to marry. People right now find such lifestyles disgusting, because it is, but later they will slowly make it look normal. They will have them on TV and Movies, you will see celebrities come out and support it, some will even come out as people who live that lifestyle, and it will be accepted as '' normal '' by the masses.

As the Bible says, towards the end what is good will be called bad, and what is bad will be called good.
I would think the religious right would be thrilled if polygamy and incest were legal, since that actually would be a "return to traditional/Biblical" values. Funny how people who yammer on about "Biblical values" seem to have selective memories, as both polygamy and incest (even pedophilia) are not only present but promoted in the Bible! And I'm Jewish, so I have read it in both Hebrew & English more times than I could count.

Bottom line, I personally don't care who does what with whom, provided everyone involved is a consenting adult. Pedophilia is a whole different issue, since that involves an underaged victim, so of course I wouldn't support that - neither would any liberals I know, gay or straight, so you guys can stop spreading that lie now. Well, unless someone here can show us EVIDENCE that even a noticeable percentage of liberals want that? NAMBLA certainly doesn't count, since it's a group so "fringe" even the gay pride parades want nothing to do with them (despite lies to the contrary). And if you can't differentiate between consenting adult relationships and child victimization, I'd have to wonder about your motivations and sanity.

FYI: Most of the above is more directed at the OP & the topic in general, not you specifically.

Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,958,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Homosexuality is clearly based on nurture. There are cultures that don't even know what homosexuality is and they have no words for it. Twin studies show that it's not genetic as well.
First, you need to learn the difference between inherited and genetic. When they say homosexuality is "genetic," that simply means it is an inborn trait - much like being left-handed, having a disability not present in their family, or being naturally gifted at a particular skill/subject. It does NOT mean the trait has to be passed down from a gay parent (obviously not, or they'd likely be extinct by now), and has IIRC been tied to estrogen levels in the womb. I'm no science expert, in fact it's always been my worst subject, but even I can understand these differences.

As for your other statement, do you have any proof (from a legitimate source) that it is always due to "nurture?" And do you realize you made our argument for us, when you said some nations don't have a term for homosexual? How, you ask? Because if you were to visit or study those nations, I'm quite sure you would find homosexuals still exist there. I believe the US even offers amnesty to homosexuals from nations where it's outlawed, and/or where their lives would be endangered.

Furthermore, how do you explain all the gay people who come from conservative religious backgrounds? I personally know a few like that, who were raised in what you'd consider a "perfect" household - Christian, conservative, married parents, no abuse, etc. I also know plenty of gay folks over the age of 60, who were raised in an era before that was accepted or present in the media. So yeah, I'd like to see your evidence of such a claim.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:50 PM

Soloman was a polygamist. Trying to get how rightwing groups would be against such a hallowed tradition.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,296,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
This is not about liberal vs conservatives, although I do find it odd that the very moral conservatives keep bringing up incest and bestiality. Why is it that they think about those subjects a little much?

Trust me, I don't see myself as a liberal. It's just that I've dated a model. I sometimes accompanied him to photo shoots, shows, and the parties after. To attract attention, which is what their profession really is about, sometimes they do campy poses.

Have you looked at beach photos from the 20's and 30's? Men and women would have coveralls back then. Look at how times have changed nowadays. Times change. Deal with it.
Sorry, I'll never be OK with a mother posing in suggestive photographs with her own sons. That crosses a line to me and I think it's disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies