Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 10:02 AM

259 posts, read 151,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So you load the trays up with healthy food and pat yourself on the back for a "job well done".

Now what about all that healthy food that is being thrown out instead of eaten ?

What's your problem? You don't believe the kids should eat healthy food and be taught healthy eating habits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post
I agree. Is this a reason to ignore healthy eating habits?

No, I love the beach but melanoma is not on my list of summer experiences.
Dude, stop pretending that you don't know that exposure to sun CAN be deadly if not because of cancer than because of heat strokes and sun burns.
You're not changing their habits though.
They are bringing their chips and soda to school and eating that instead of the carrot sticks or half a banana.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Michele is fat. Didn't you ever meet someone who battles their weight? They are obsessed with it and Michele tried to push her obsession on the kids. The kids can't vote but they voted by not buying.
Every time a conservative on this forum comments on the first lady's weight ~ I get a mental picture of them sitting there with Cheeto dust all over their chubby fingers typing on an orange keyboard.

I'll bet I'm right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Doing a little stereotyping are we?

I guess you hate your child, great to show your true feelings....

You do know people can still be parents, hold a job, and still take care of thier child. Because you feel different, who cares what you think...
How in the world did you extrapolate THAT from the poster's post? Talk about twisting yourself into a pretzel to try and make a point. Which was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Damn racist kids.....lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They have also been deemed 'racist'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm surprised no one called the kids racist lol.
Wow. Again the conservatives show their obsession with race. What does this thread have to do with RACE? Other than the clear obsession conservatives have?

Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
If you are writing about my posts, I would note that I didn't say it was the teacher's fault, but that the teacher does get blamed for the poor student performance. Malnutrition is one of the factors that can result in poor student performance.

It may not be the schools responsibility to feed a child, but must schools and teachers understand that the job of educating a child is easier when a child is well fed.
Hell, I don't know....I've slept since then and I'm not going back and reading this entire thread....lol...

There is no doubt, that malnutrition can cause a a child to lack in performance at school....no doubt....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
The schools and teachers can't force parents to feed or take care of their children. Nor is every parent, for various reasons, in a position to always take care of their children.
Then they should have never had children to begin with....kept the whoha shut and the willie in the pants....

Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
For 2 years schools have been complaining about all the uneaten food being thrown away.
And no one is listening.

When your plan doesn't work just ignore the outcome ?

This article is from 2011.
I'm in the schools and I do lunch duty and I see all the untouched food being thrown out.
The kids aren't allowed to not take them. The kids have no choice here so they just throw it out.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/1...ype=blogs&_r=0

Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
So you load the trays up with healthy food and pat yourself on the back for a "job well done".

Now what about all that healthy food that is being thrown out instead of eaten ?

Quote:
What's your problem? You don't believe the kids should eat healthy food and be taught healthy eating habits?
What is wrong with your comprehension skills? He didn't say he has an issue with kids eating healthy food. He is stating the fact that the kids are rejecting what they are being fed and throwing it out.

Liberals obviously don't understand kids. Using force (by an alternative of going hungry) isn't working. The liberal way (force) to control people never works, going against human nature never works. People, in this case kids will find a way around it.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Oh yea...absoutley....but by the parents...not the school...PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And here you go....more law...so the parent does not have to deal with the child....
NO! You need the law so the parents know their kid is getting a healthy meal! Many parents prefer the convenience of the school lunches. "Hot" lunches are considered somehow 'better' by many, and most schools have no storage facilities for kids' lunches, so parents are reduced to things that won't go bad over a period of a few hours. That's quite limiting.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 AM

259 posts, read 151,537 times
Yes you are changing their habits. After a while they will get tired of bringing sodas to school. Just give it some time.

Quote:
You're not changing their habits though.
They are bringing their chips and soda to school and eating that instead of the carrot sticks or half a banana.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Every time a conservative on this forum comments on the first lady's weight ~ I get a mental picture of them sitting there with Cheeto dust all over their chubby fingers typing on an orange keyboard.

I'll bet I'm right.
And I get the feeling that you are in your mommies basement, yelling at your mom to bring you more food cause you have no clue how to take care of yourself....

Bet I'm right...

Quote:
How in the world did you extrapolate THAT from the poster's post? Talk about twisting yourself into a pretzel to try and make a point. Which was?
It was very easy, go read what they had written....

Quote:
Wow. Again the conservatives show their obsession with race. What does this thread have to do with RACE? Other than the clear obsession conservatives have?
I'll ask you the same: How in the world did you extrapolate THAT from those poster's post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies