Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 02:02 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times

Advertisements

I'm confused. Why is Jay Z still worthy of publicity? He hasn't done anything worthwhile in about ten years.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My question was never answered. Saying the current Constitution does not talk about marriage is not the same as voicing your support for or against.

simply answer.

" I support a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage"

OR

" I do not support a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage"

And im not starting another thread because i highly doubt you would actually respond to it.
Again, that question has already been answered many times over by me and like another poster said this is off topic so I wont respond to it again in this thread. Start another thread and I''ll be more than happy to jump in.
Saying you doubt I'll answer when I already have just proves you're dishonest.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I'm confused. Why is Jay Z still worthy of publicity? He hasn't done anything worthwhile in about ten years.
Oh boy you are confused!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Who cares?

Jay-Z? Who is he?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 AM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
African Americans aren't descendants of Ethiopians. We're descended from West Africa. Our ancestors did not come here as Christians. Most were probably animists and in a few cases they were Muslims.

We were given Christianity HERE in this country. And we were given it for pie-in-the-sky reasons. "You blacks work hard, do what the master says, and you get to go to heaven. Look..it's right here in the Bible that slaves should be obedient to their masters. Besides, you're the descendants of Ham...you're cursed. Oh..us white people? We get our heaven right here....ooops, i mean we'll be your brothers when we get to heaven." LMAO

Come on dude...keep it real. You know this is the story.

Which is why i dumped all religion. You can dump belief for non-belief...i did it.
You want me to keep it real while you languish in the past? Really?

You've got tunnel vision, while responding as if I said ALL Africans were descended from Ethiopians, when that couldn't be further from the point I made.

Enjoy your righteous indignation, it's what fuels your hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Again what the F does Paula Deen have to do with this. You apparently despise her and think she was som slave onwer. Hey guess what this aint the revolution bub...........reality has to come into play at some point. For you I don't think it ever will............
They need selective white examples to justify their own racism towards all whites. I'm just a mutt with a drop of blood from every race. Like one black poster once said, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not black enough.

I guess that's the crux of racism. If I'm not black enough, or white enough, or Mexican enough... what am I enough?

Racism is ugly no matter what reason these idiots use to justify it.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not really because business will raise prices. For example, rents will necessarily skyrocket, and landlords will laugh all the way to the bank.
They are stair stepping it up in order to somewhat cover what you have said. Instead of it happening all at once it will happen over an extended period. Slowly bled to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who cares.............why do you? Why do you care............do you really think this will save souls who are broke and can't afford anything? Are you that lost? It appears so. You dont care one rip all you care about is making political noise and you are pathetic............worse than pathetic but I don't know the word to go there.
No comments about what will happen and who is affected, just blathering on with the same garbage.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
Why not raise it to $20.20 per hour?

Wouldn't that grow the middle class?

Don't you know government is the one who tells us what a job is worth? We can't decide for ourselves.

So now someone who wants a job and offers to do it for less in order to secure that job is out of luck. In this case since government takes the ability to set wages out of the equation, costs have less of a chance to drop. everyone pays higher prices.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:50 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Of Four View Post
The Maryland bill exempts restaurants making less than $400,000 annually from paying the new minimum wages.
So these small restaurants will now be at a competitive disadvantage since the better caliber workers will be going to work for the larger restaurants where they are better paid.

Quote:
It also exempts tipped restaurant workers, like waiters, from qualifying for the higher wages and freezes their minimum wages at $3.63 an hour — a move pushed for by the restaurant industry.
So, waiters and waitresses should get $10.10 an hour plus maybe $10 an hour in tips? That's over $40,000 per year if you're working full time. That's more than some teachers, nurses, police officers, and other actual professionals make.

Quote:

Course as usual politics comes before peoples livelihoods. Who cares if they can't make their car payment or pay the electric bill or feed their kids. I look forward to the day the people take back control of our country and boot these politicians and the companies that yank their chains right in the rear end for good.
$10.10 isn't even enough to support a family on. How about we bump it up to $15.10 minimum? (Seriously, where did the 10 cents come from?)

Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,113,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Not really because business will raise prices. For example, rents will necessarily skyrocket, and landlords will laugh all the way to the bank.
Why would landlords raise their rents?

Old 04-08-2014, 05:18 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So these small restaurants will now be at a competitive disadvantage since the better caliber workers will be going to work for the larger restaurants where they are better paid.

So, waiters and waitresses should get $10.10 an hour plus maybe $10 an hour in tips? That's over $40,000 per year if you're working full time. That's more than some teachers, nurses, police officers, and other actual professionals make.

$10.10 isn't even enough to support a family on. How about we bump it up to $15.10 minimum? (Seriously, where did the 10 cents come from?)
Really???

Rob Portman says 'about 2 percent of Americans get paid the minimum wage' | PolitiFact

About 2% of Americans make Minimum wage...

Quote:
To do so, we turned to a study published by Bureau of Labor Statistics -- the federal government’s official chronicler of employment and wage data -- titled, "Characteristics of Minimum Wage Workers: 2012." It was released on Feb. 26, 2013.
The study found that a little under 3.6 million workers were paid either at or below the federal minimum wage. (The study did not look at whether workers were paid higher minimum wage rates set by their state, as many states have done.)
To determine the percentage,we looked at the number of Americans employed. That number ranged between about 133 million and 134 million during 2012.
If you divide the two numbers, it turns out that, by the official statistics, roughly 2.6 percent of all American workers were earning the minimum wage in 2012.

All that happens is, the minimum wage goes up, the FEW people making minimum wage get their hours cut, laid off, or terminated, Prices go up to compensate for the difference, and EVERYONE who DIDN'T get a raise, which includes everyone already making MORE than minimum wage, (That's almost 98% of the nation), have had their paychecks artificially deflated, because as costs have risen to compensate for the changes in minimum wage, THEIR checks remain the same, with reduced purchasing power.

BTW, that's economics 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies