Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 12:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,744,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Face it, Curmudgeon, you're spewing nonsense whenever you try to talk about people you don't know, in a vacuously lame attempt to deflect attention away from points you don't like but for which cannot construct a reasonable or legitimate rebuttal.

This lame attempt at deflection of yours takes the cake: We're talking about one holiday that celebrates an Italian-born explorer, sailing under contract from the Spanish crown, establishing a Spanish colony, and several Christian holidays, and you try to excrete an assertion that those things are in some way patriotic America. I don't think I've seen you post a more ridiculous bit of claptrap.

It isn't about "shriveling up". It is about no longer celebrating the barbaric manner in which human civilization used to conduct itself.

I understand where the counter-argument comes from, at least generally: There is a vocal contingent of antisocial partisans in our country who pine for barbarism - long for a society where they and their guns and their self-serving avarice can exploit those most vulnerable in society to foster their own personal comfort and luxury. For the last generation they've been working to regress society, undercut a century of progress for women, for minorities, and for the poor. They wish to reverse our nation's growing social maturity because they feel that they would personally benefit from being able to practice callous disregard for others with relative impunity.
No, it just a shell to attack American traditionalism and culture.

Keep pitching your emotionalistic dribble.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
How do you feel about people of European ancestry who pat themselves on the back regarding a past they had nothing to do with?
How do you feel about leftist blame us for things we had nothing to do with?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I really wish leftist like bUU would go to the 3rd world paradises they wish to make America into.

That way they will have the joy of culture enrichment

What? I beat he is very friendly.

Willie Horton - International style.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
How do you feel about leftist blame us for things we had nothing to do with?
I don't know. What have leftists blamed "you" for? And why can't you answer my question?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
I don't know of any of European ancestry alive today that is patting themselves on the back over the past. Why would they? They weren't a part of that past.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know of any of European ancestry alive today that is patting themselves on the back over the past. Why would they? They weren't a part of that past.
Have you been reading these forums?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:30 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't know. What have leftists blamed "you" for?
They have blame "us" for crimes that we have not committed, but committed ages ago.

They blame "us" for mass shootings, never mind the fact that their laws only aid and assist they psychos by disarming law abiding citizens.

They blame "us" for wanting to secure the border, calling us "racists" for not wanting this nation to degenerate into a 3rd world slum.

They blame "us" for not wanting to throw money at a failed education system, and pushing for school vouchers and charter schools.

They blame "us" for wanting to harness America`s vast reserve`s of Oil and Gas , free us of Middle East tensions, creating millions of jobs and trillions in wealth..

And why can't you answer my question?

How I you feel about people of European ancestry who pat themselves on the back regarding a past they had nothing to do with?

We take pride in our past, our heritage, or culture, it is what binds people of a nation together or cause them to split apart.

Then again if we had nothing to do with it, why are we blamed for it?

Why is it Whites can not take pride and express their love of their heritage and culture, yet everyone else can?

Old 05-01-2014, 01:44 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Was that the ethnic cleansing that the Indians did to each other that you're referring to? Because they were always at war and they would kill every last member of the opposing tribes, babies included.
I'm always charmed by this argument. Natives warred with each other, so it's OK that we committed genocide against them.

Priceless.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:

They blame "us" for not wanting to throw money at a failed education system,

and pushing for school vouchers and charter schools.
Just work at fixing the public schools.

Quote:
They blame "us" for wanting to harness America`s vast reserve`s of Oil and
Gas , free us of Middle East tensions, creating millions of jobs and
trillions in wealth..
Sure. That shouldn't be done at the expense of our environment.

Quote:

We take pride in our past, our heritage, or culture, it is what binds people

of a nation together or cause them to split apart.
I thought this was America and we were all the same as Americans.

Quote:

Then again if we had nothing to do with it, why are we blamed for it?

Why is it Whites can not take pride and express their love of their heritage

and culture, yet everyone else can?
It's when pride in that past represents a celebration of denigration of others and genocide that I see a serious problem. I have a problem when white supremacy is promoted and the contributions of nonwhites are ignored.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:15 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm always charmed by this argument. Natives warred with each other, so it's OK that we committed genocide against them.

Priceless.

No, two wrongs don't make a right but it's all in the past so why keep dragging it up? None of us alive today participated in that past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies