Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 02:16 PM

31,296 posts, read 20,800,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I'm always charmed by this argument. Natives warred with each other, so it's OK that we committed genocide against them.

Priceless.

I was not even born then, so I'm not a part of your "we".

Old 05-01-2014, 02:17 PM

31,296 posts, read 20,800,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I have a problem when white supremacy is promoted and the contributions of nonwhites are ignored.
What country does that?

Old 05-01-2014, 02:30 PM

63,184 posts, read 29,336,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Not only that but my ancestors didn't even come over here till well after any idio conflicts from countries in Europe that played no role in them. They came thru Ellis Island. I guess whites are all guilty by skin color/race though regardless of where their ancestors came from?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,722,650 times
Quote:
What country does that?
Most of them in the West, chiefly this one. As those of color have protested and fought against biased history, things have improved, but are not where they should be.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:40 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,758,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Just work at fixing the public schools.

Sure. That shouldn't be done at the expense of our environment.

I thought this was America and we were all the same as Americans.

It's when pride in that past represents a celebration of denigration of others and genocide that I see a serious problem. I have a problem when white supremacy is promoted and the contributions of nonwhites are ignored.
Why would you fix a failed system? That is like fixed the hull of the Titanic after it sank. Why not have more choice and high quality of service?

We can do it and keep the environment clean, don't pull the "You want dirty air and dirty water" card. It is not true.

I once thought that but there are some views and political ideologies are have nothing but hatred and contempt for this nation, its heritage, its culture, its values and its liberty.

Oh please a white guy taking pride in anything is seen as "white supremacy" give it it..If whites can be proud if anything, no one can be proud of anything.

We have alot to be proud of.

The steam engine
Harnessing of electricity
The internal combustion engine
Mass production on a industrial scale
Powered flight
The Jet engine
The Rocket engine
Landing on the Moon
Microchips
The Internet
Smartphones
The vast array of medication
Modern weaponry

And countless more great things yet to come....

Also you are aware that we genocide long before whites came to America.

We do celebrate the contributions of non whites, we just dont care that they are non white and do it on the merit of the contribution, the bigger it is, the bigger the praise is..

Again answer the questions.

Then again if we had nothing to do with it, why are we blamed for it?

Why is it Whites can not take pride and express their love of their heritage
and culture, yet everyone else can?

Last edited by gunlover; 05-01-2014 at 04:06 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I'm always charmed by this argument. Natives warred with each other, so it's OK that we committed genocide against them.

Priceless.

If race really does not exist, then why does genocide matter?

If race really does not exist, then why is diversity enforced?

If we're all out of Africa and had a genetic mutation, then doesn't that mean race does exist? More over, Doesn't that mean we're all different?

You have no argument, just post something dumb and then move along..

They killed each other, raped the women and kids of the other tribe, could barely make it through winter..

The noble savage idea is out date and flat out propaganda.

http://reason.com/archives/1997/02/01/dances-with-myths

Last edited by gunlover; 05-01-2014 at 03:55 PM..

Old 05-01-2014, 03:47 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,273,876 times
Quote:
But tell me why you think it's appropriate to celebrate a historical tragedy?

I mean, why shouldn't Germans have a Hitler Day? It was in the past, right?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
But tell me why you think it's appropriate to celebrate a historical tragedy?

I mean, why shouldn't Germans have a Hitler Day? It was in the past, right?
Yes that is right, discovering the New World was a tragedy.

Never mind it was the location of a nation that has done more help the human species in the last 237 then the every other nation and empire in the last 15,000 years combined.

Never mind the millions of inventions and products it has created that has made modern life easy and amazing...

You conflate Columbus to Hitler, need a say more?

Old 05-01-2014, 03:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,273,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Yes that is right, discovering the New World was a tragedy.

Never mind it was the location of a nation that has done more help the human species in the last 237 then the every other nation and empire in the last 15,000 combined.

Never mind the millions of inventions and products it has created that has made modern life easy and amazing...

You conflate Columbus to Hitler, need a say more?
Hoo boy. I don't think there's any further point in talking with you if you really believe that astonishing, breathtaking leap of illogic.

I think you just actually made my heart stop beating from the sheer stupidity of that post. I can't even bring myself to try to tell you how every advance in civilization is the product of thousands of peoples, ethnicities, individuals and societies …

Damn, anyone else have the energy to school this kid? I sure don't.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Hoo boy. I don't think there's any further point in talking with you if you really believe that astonishing, breathtaking leap of illogic.

I think you just actually made my heart stop beating from the sheer stupidity of that post. I can't even bring myself to try to tell you how every advance in civilization is the product of thousands of peoples, ethnicities, individuals and societies …

Damn, anyone else have the energy to school this kid? I sure don't.
How make your case against it?

How is that post stupidity?, America is the refinement of the best ideas of past societies mixed in with the burning need of the human condition to be free..I never said anything other wise?

I am not the one comparing Columbus to Hitler, I think I am the one needing to be schooled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies